Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-21-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
MikeBaltimore12

Default Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona St.

He's one of the best inside backers I've seen in along time. I understand that people think he's crazy, which is why he is projected so low in the first round by seemingly everyone. What is the root of this madness? Has there been acts of real life disturbing behavior beyond what we see from Suh any given Sunday? Or is that exactly it, Suh like behavior on the field?

Last edited by MikeBaltimore12 : 02-21-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBaltimore12 View Post
He's one of the best inside backers I've seen in along time. I understand that people think he's crazy, which is why he is projected so low in the first round by seemingly everyone. What is the root of this madness? Has there been acts of real life disturbing behavior beyond what we see from Suh any given Sunday? Or is that exactly it, Suh like behavior on the field?
I have more of a problem with his poor instincts.The guy takes himself out of a plays alot by simply choosing the wrong gap or ignoring his assignments.His attitude is bad on top of that.His tape as a freshman is the same as a Junior which means he probably doesnt take to coaching either. I can live with Suh's issues because he is actually a good football player
HakeemtheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the best inside linebackers you've seen in a long time? With all due respect to your opinion, Zach Brown has just as good of a burst downhill, if not better. Even last years draft, Bruce Carter was a similar explosive athlete like Burfict.

Burfict is essentially a guy who rarely diagnoses the play, freelances in coverage, is extremely undiscplined, and refuses to stay with his run keys. He's a guy who you can't win with in zone coverage and is going to make a lot more bad plays than good early on in his NFL career. Sure, he is an explosive athlete but there are other linebackers that will come and go that's just as good of an athlete without the character issues
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

by the time the draft comes there will easily be 100 players more qualified to play in the NFL than Burfict. I've seen mocks with him 1st or 2nd, that's too high for a guy with his baggage. he's a mid round pick at best. also remember the new concussion leading with the helmet rules hurt his value, even if he was in terrific shape and respectful of Dennis Erickson.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Most people who've been paying attention have dropped him out of their first round mocks. He just doesn't seem to have the motivation to excel in the NFL, from what I've read. Right now, though, I see someone taking him late 2nd/early 3rd because he does have the potential to be a steal.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersrock151 View Post
Most people who've been paying attention have dropped him out of their first round mocks. He just doesn't seem to have the motivation to excel in the NFL, from what I've read. Right now, though, I see someone taking him late 2nd/early 3rd because he does have the potential to be a steal.
Pretty much this. The guy has flashed the ability to be the best LB in this class but unfortunately his senior campaign has him dropping.

Some still have him in the first because he DOES have top 20 talent/ability. If he could get his head on straight he would be a 1st round pick.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Bobby Wagner over him right now. I like Burfict's upside, but I love me some Bobby Wagner. Unless Bobby Wagner is going top 10, then Burfict isn't going first round.

I would say that the root of his madness lies in his terrible work ethic. He was helped through high school and then barely made it into college. He was pretty much born into talent and has been coasting on it his entire life.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there's a bigger negative for any prospect to have spoken about them more damning than questions about their 'work ethic'.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are always so many skilled athletes that come into the NFL as immature young men and can't last in the league because they lack the ability to be professional, Burfict has this negative quality, or at least the perception of aforementioned, written all over him. I don't honestly remember any prospect having his character publicly criticized to this magnitude, at least not one this highly-touted.

One of the biggest knocks on him is that he brings this poor attitude onto the field, being flagged for a ridiculous amount of personal foul penalties his junior season. Giving the opposing offense yards they didn't earn is something that boils the blood of every coach in the league and something that will make every decision maker reluctant to take a chance on him.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Id LOVE to have him on the Giants. Im sure Pappy Coughlin could keep him in-line on the field

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase1 View Post
Id LOVE to have him on the Giants. Im sure Pappy Coughlin could keep him in-line on the field
I'd rather he was on the Giants than on the Ravens, because those are some of the few teams that I think could handle him. I wouldn't be against the Steelers drafting him in the second or third, if they shored up guard and nose tackle first. On the other hand, I'd also love for a team like the Eagles to take him. That would make Jersey Shore look like a Saturday morning show.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'd rather he was on the Giants than on the Ravens, because those are some of the few teams that I think could handle him. I wouldn't be against the Steelers drafting him in the second or third, if they shored up guard and nose tackle first. On the other hand, I'd also love for a team like the Eagles to take him. That would make Jersey Shore look like a Saturday morning show.
Im not a big college football or draft guy (til my teams season is over) but I thought Taze was only an on-field problem, and nothing bad off the field??

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty clean off the field. I don't remember any arrests or anything like that. However his GPA magically jumped his last couple of years in HS and then he had some academic issues but ended up alright in ASU. He smells like he's been helped and handled. You could also consider him switching from USC to ASU as a 5 star prospect to be another intelligence issue. What happens when you take him out of a controlled environment in the middle of the desert and into big time cities? I don't trust his decision making.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase1 View Post
Im not a big college football or draft guy (til my teams season is over) but I thought Taze was only an on-field problem, and nothing bad off the field??
Dennis Erickson characterized him as only putting forth "average effort" on the field. When your own coach (albeit former coach) is trashing you like that you know you aren't meeting your potential.

Also rumor was that he left AZ State after this season mainly because he would have been deemed academically ineligible for next year.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1
Default tez

hes gonna be good let him go to baltimore and get mentor'd by the great ray lewis he will be legit .. its all about where he goes!
Vendetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

I can only go by what I've read on-line. I know for a fact he was benched his last regular season game and the second half of his bowl game. Reports are that he is way out of shape for the combine, but we'll see how those reports shake out in the next few days.
One of the most damning things I've heard (once again, feel like a rumor monger, but these things come into play) is that the major reason that his play fell off this year is that the other middle backer was injured most of the year, and one of his jobs was to position Burflict on every play to make sure he was where he was supposed to be.
As I said earlier, I wouldn't mind him on the Steelers. If their front office and coaches do the research and think its crap, then I trust them. Just heard too much negative stuff on the guy, which as we all know may or may not be true.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Quote:
I can only go by what I've read on-line. I know for a fact he was benched his last regular season game and the second half of his bowl game. Reports are that he is way out of shape for the combine, but we'll see how those reports shake out in the next few days.
One of the most damning things I've heard (once again, feel like a rumor monger, but these things come into play) is that the major reason that his play fell off this year is that the other middle backer was injured most of the year, and one of his jobs was to position Burflict on every play to make sure he was where he was supposed to be.
As I said earlier, I wouldn't mind him on the Steelers. If their front office and coaches do the research and think its crap, then I trust them. Just heard too much negative stuff on the guy, which as we all know may or may not be true.
im a steelers fan as well and i would love him to come on to our team but he might be a character and i dont want another holmes!.. ill wait till next year and try to get monte Te'o
Old 02-23-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like alot of people on here have said, it's about the Team that gets him. I would Love for him to be Drafted by the Lions but that would be a Bad Place to go for him just like the Raiders. I think going to a Team like the Ravens,Steelers,Giants would be Great because he would have the guys there that could Mentor what he is doing and how he is playing. I mean even Vontaze Burfict would not get into an argument with Ray Lewis. I just Hope that if he falls in the Draft something will switch his Brain on and tell him that he is a Top 15 Talent and better star playing like one.
dannyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Pretty clean off the field. I don't remember any arrests or anything like that. However his GPA magically jumped his last couple of years in HS and then he had some academic issues but ended up alright in ASU. He smells like he's been helped and handled. You could also consider him switching from USC to ASU as a 5 star prospect to be another intelligence issue. What happens when you take him out of a controlled environment in the middle of the desert and into big time cities? I don't trust his decision making.
Really?(10char)
Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

lol, I was trolling a bit on that one.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
Like alot of people on here have said, it's about the Team that gets him. I would Love for him to be Drafted by the Lions but that would be a Bad Place to go for him just like the Raiders. I think going to a Team like the Ravens,Steelers,Giants would be Great because he would have the guys there that could Mentor what he is doing and how he is playing. I mean even Vontaze Burfict would not get into an argument with Ray Lewis. I just Hope that if he falls in the Draft something will switch his Brain on and tell him that he is a Top 15 Talent and better star playing like one.
talent wise hes the 2nd best linebacker behind hightower
Old 02-23-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the guy is vastly overrated by people.

He's mentally lazy. He's sloppy. He makes a ton of mistakes. He takes himself out of plays and he takes plays off.

The only thing he'd be good at in the NFL is a very simplistic LB scheme with a coach that is going to light a fire under his ass.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I think the guy is vastly overrated by people.

He's mentally lazy. He's sloppy. He makes a ton of mistakes. He takes himself out of plays and he takes plays off.

The only thing he'd be good at in the NFL is a very simplistic LB scheme with a coach that is going to light a fire under his ass.
I actually think it might be the opposite; he needs a team with strong on field leadership and a coach who won't try to be too much of a disciplinarian.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBaltimore12 View Post
Ehh, he does not rank up there with Lewis, Arrington, Urlacher, Willis, Timmons(homer), Von Miller, Cushing. Even prospect wise he doesn't compare to Curry, McClain, Rivers, A.J Hawk.

So I don't see how you can say "he's one of the best inside backers I've seen in a long time." Maybe the most reckless. All those guys were actually great as prospects.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's like a really watered down version of Arrington. Even his freelancing would be tolerable if he wasn't a complete and total idiot, which Arrington wasn't for the most part.

It's fine to freelance if you know wtf you're doing and can communicate it to the rest of the team somehow if necessary. He needs to prove he's capable of doing that stuff...