Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Steelers officially running a 3 - 4 base next year

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07087/772998-66.stm

good stuff on there about draft positions of need as well
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07087/772998-66.stm

good stuff on there about draft positions of need as well
yes sir. i hope him saying that WR is a little concern, that we pick up bowe.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could be the case. I think we are seeing a lot of 3-4 guys who could slip into later rounds and gems we might be able to pick up later on, so an OLB in the first round isn't as big a priority right now. I'd like us to pick up linebackers in rounds 3 and 4, one inside and one out. I'm thinking Robison or Shaw at OLB and Bishop or Waters at ILB. These guys would add some quality depth and could be potential stars.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
Could be the case. I think we are seeing a lot of 3-4 guys who could slip into later rounds and gems we might be able to pick up later on, so an OLB in the first round isn't as big a priority right now. I'd like us to pick up linebackers in rounds 3 and 4, one inside and one out. I'm thinking Robison or Shaw at OLB and Bishop or Waters at ILB. These guys would add some quality depth and could be potential stars.
and like death said darnik has a write up and there are so many guys in next yrs draft that are 3-4 OLBs it isn't even funny.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
glennjamen3
Rookie

glennjamen3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like what tomlin said about ike (and i really like that it means we wont be taking leon hall). i have a feeling ike is going to be back to form this year. he works too hard not to be

Thank you Jimmy for the sig.
glennjamen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Finally some answers. Like I have said. I don't care if we use a 3-4 or a 4-3. Just annoucne which will be used. We now know that the 3-4 will be the primary D. I think this is the best decision. Why else keep DL as the DC. That being said, letting Porter go, without signing another good LB looks risky. I see at least 2 if not 3 LB's taken in the draft, if we don't sign any proven players. I am not sure what the current talent pool is at LB in FA.
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote