Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fastest 40 at Indy

My predictions by position, then my Top 10 Overall.

QB - Robert Griffin-Baylor - Proj. 40 - 4.46
RB - Chris Rainey-Florida - Proj. 40 - 4.28
WR - Jarius Wright-Arkansas - Proj. 40 - 4.31
TE - Orson Charles-Georgia - Proj. 40 - 4.58
OL - Matt McCants-UAB - Proj. 40 - 5.01
*Its not like it really matters, in actuality the 20-yd time is more important
DL - Cam Johnson-Virginia - Proj. 40 - 4.62
LB - Zach Brown-North Carolina - Proj. 40 - 4.44
DB - Cliff Harris-Oregon - Proj. 40 - 4.35

Top 10

1. Chris Rainey-RB-Florida - 4.28
2. Jarius Wright-WR-Arkansas - 4.31
3. Joe Adams-WR-Arkansas - 4.33
4. Cliff Harris-CB-Oregon - 4.35
5. Ryan Steed-CB-Furman - 4.36
6. Kendall Wright-WR-Baylor - 4.38
7. Patrick Edwards-WR-Houston - 4.38
8.Tommy Streeter-WR-Miami - 4.38
9. Mike Harris-CB-Florida State - 4.40
10. LaMichael James-RB-Oregon - 4.40

Let me know what you think. Who do you think is going to put on a show this weekend?

Last edited by Dan_Steele : 02-21-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Wrong information
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the thread. I'm not big on 40s really at all (expect for maybe DBs and ST prospects) so I didn't do much research and can't really help predict.

What's the word on Lamar Miller? Are we expecting a 4.45ish? Or does he have a chance to get under 4.4?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What's the word on Lamar Miller? Are we expecting a 4.45ish? Or does he have a chance to get under 4.4?
Without trying to be a homer, 4.37 would be my guess.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Demps isn't going to the combine because he's sticking with track or did I miss something?

I don't think Cam Johnson or Streeter will run near those times, I like them both but track speed isn't either of their games. If either of them run those times they could go much earlier than people anticipate.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see a show by the runningbacks like we did in 2008 with Johnson, McFadden, Mendenhall, Stewart, etc.

If Miller runs in the 4.3's he may lock up a top 40 selection.

My Top 5 RB predictions

1. Demps
2. Rainey
3. Pead
4. L. James
5. L. Miller

With guys like that at the top and others like D. Wilson and Richardson who should also put up good times, this may be quite an exciting year for the RB group.

LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I thought Demps isn't going to the combine because he's sticking with track or did I miss something?

I don't think Cam Johnson or Streeter will run near those times, I like them both but track speed isn't either of their games. If either of them run those times they could go much earlier than people anticipate.
I heard the same thing about Demps but he is on the official invite list on NFL.com, so he may have changed his mind, or at least giving the NFL a chance.

A for Cam Johnson, agreed, great game speed but it may not translate to the 40. Not sure if Bruce Irvin is running with the DL or LB but he is definitely somebody to look out for too, could find himself as the Mark Anderson type at the next level.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-dra...football-track

And there it is. Turns out we were both right, he wants to concentrate his efforts on the Olympics and he is done with football. Real shame, this may be something he regrets a few years down the road when he realizes how much $ he could have made by choosing football.

I still stand by my prediction with him at the top, that kid can fly.

I'll edit it though.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't seen this guy play other than just watching a youtube clip the other day after reading this, but supposedly watch out for Kashif Moore, WR, Connecticut. From what I've read, he struggles getting off jams, isn't real shifty, and isn't much of a route runner, but he can fly when running in a straight line, which is all that matters in the 40.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Wilson and Lamar Miller will both likely break into the 4.3's as might Kendall Wright, Rueben Randle and Morris Claiborne.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demps not running. Joe Adams told us at the Senior Bowl he won't be running.

I imagine Rainey will be up there, but Brandon Boykin is a guy to watch.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ Graham will turn some heads with his speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post

Any particular reason why Adams won't run?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested in seeing what LaMichael James does. I feel like if he can run a solid 4.4 his stock will rise. However, hopefully he doesn't fall hard like Noel Devine. I think James could be a solid 1-2 punch for a team like the Rams as a backup for Jackson.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

Streeter ran a 4.30 at Miami, and UM times aren't inflated very much. He has legit speed.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch out for Pat Edwards from Houston.
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
Watch out for Pat Edwards from Houston.
Real big fan of his. He has the straight-line speed of a vertical threat but is also very slippery at the line of scrimmage. Guys were trying to jam him all week at the Senior Bowl to no avail. If he runs sub 4.4 look for him to be a Top 100 pick and an immediate contributor in the slot.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a strong feeling you are a tenth too high on RG3. He's built to run in a straight line.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys don't forget this is a "slow" track. Lucas Oil isn't the RCA dome.

But I think Cbs this year are going to light it up.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wont Nick Perry will be the fastest defensive lineman? He's rapid!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know that. I always knew he was a great athlete for his size but I didn't know he had that kind of flat out speed. I'm still saying he runs like a 4.45, if he runs anywhere in the 4.3's he probably won't go any later than the second possibly even the first. It's a stacked WR class but some of the top guys aren't freaks, if someone like Streeter blows up in Indy then someone could become enamored with him. It happens every year (insert joke on how it won't this year because Al Davis is dead).

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Wont Nick Perry will be the fastest defensive lineman? He's rapid!
Not sure on the 40, but I think Nick Perry will have a hell of 20-yd split. He's very Maybin-esque with his first step (hopefully his career goes a bit better).
Old 02-22-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
thefridge15
Rookie

thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post

Boykin broke his leg at the Senior Bowl didn't he?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Brooks will be the fastest DB. I'd put him in the top 5 overall also.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Guys don't forget this is a "slow" track. Lucas Oil isn't the RCA dome.
RG3 is/was (not sure) on the Baylor 100m track team. He can flat fly.