Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Frostbite43
Rookie

Frostbite43 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Miles Burris, LB, San Diego St.

Productive, great size and speed, unparalleled tenacity but I don't see many people talking about him. Anyone have a feel about where he might be drafted?
Frostbite43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Walter has him going somewhere from 4-6th rounds. Impressed, but thinks he needs to put on a little weight to play rush linebacker.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also needs to develop some more pass rush moves.

Simply relies on his speed around the edge a lot and he will undoubtedly lose that advantage going into the NFL.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he would fit in well as an ILB in a 3-4
Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
i think he would fit in well as an ILB in a 3-4
Agree. I think he has initial value simply as a backup LB (both OLB and ILB) in a 3-4 while being a stalwart on special teams.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With his tenacity, he is at worst a special teams terror. As a starter, he has a ways to go and will likely be taken in rounds 5 or 6.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him. I think he was discussed on this board last year as potentially declaring after his junior year. His speed on film really pops out, and his backside pursuit and tenacity look special.

I thought he was around 240# in college, but the workout numbers I see for him have Burris listed at 232#. He needs to put on some weight, but he does look like a potential 43 OLB.

I agree right now he looks like a STer with starter's upside.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love himÖin a certain fit.

I know heís projected as a mid-to-late round pick, but I have him valued as a solid third-rounder. When Iíve watched him, I see a nice package of skills and itís reflected in his production at San Diego St. For starters, heís a fluid and gifted athlete. Heís got an explosive first-step, elite short-area quickness, and a non-stop motor. Heís versatile and his instincts are quite good, too.

Now, the caveat: Iím not a huge fan of him as an edge rusher in the 3-4. If he gets drafted there, I think heís limited in what he can do. He has real problems shedding blocks in the phone booth. His go-to move as a pass rusher is just bending and running the arc. He has underwhelming bulk and length as a pass rusher. Iím having a difficult time envisioning that particular fit. His athleticism and relentlessness might allow him to stick on a roster, and even become a reliable situational producer, but I donít think itís his ideal fit. If he has to be drafted in the 3-4 though, Iíll echo the sentiment that heís better suited for a sideline-to-sideline role on the inside.

However, I love his run-and-hit skill set if heís put in a 4-3. I think he can be a super productive strongside or weakside linebacker. It minimizes his exposure to block shedding situations, he reads the action in front of him much better when heís disengaged, and I think heís a better blitzer than pure pass rusher. When he just lines up in the two-point stance at the line of scrimmage, linemen can envelop him and erase him because it neutralizes his biggest asset to a degree. But, when heís able to attack an offensive tackle from a position of space, he does a solid job of setting his man up and then countering with quickness. Thatís not as practical as a 3-4 outside linebacker though.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cudders is so right. And I'm almost positive he is Greg Cosell.