Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What happens at #2
Rams take Kalil 5 5.38%
Rams take Blackmon 4 4.30%
Rams trade pick to Cleveland, who takes Griffin 27 29.03%
Rams trade pick to Wash, who takes Griffin 28 30.11%
Rams trade pick to a team other than Cle, Wash, who take Griffin 7 7.53%
Rams trade pick to a team who takes Kalil 0 0%
Matt Damon 22 23.66%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default That #2 Pick

The number 2 pick is the talk of the town these days...

One thing that will not happen for sure: Griffin to the Rams. Bradford is staying put.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...GwXR_blog.html
Quote:
The Rams have their franchise quarterback in Sam Bradford, the first overall pick in 2010. Bradford was selected by the previous regime, but Fisher made it clear that he has no intentions of trading Bradford and starting over with another quarterback.

“That would not be an option,” Fisher said.
So. What's it going to be?

Will the rams trade the pick? Will they select Ryan Kalil's brother? Would they dare take Justin Blackmon?

If they trade it, who do they trade it to, and who does that team select?

Last edited by Jimmy : 02-24-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kalil will end up being the pick at 2, and the Vikings will likely trade with the Redkins to get RG3. If the Browns want RG3 they will have to trade up with the Rams, maybe giving up a future pick to secure him.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams will be picking 4th or 6th or 8th on draft day.

They'll balance the best offer with however far they are willing to move down to still get an elite player on their board - whether that player is Richardson, Blackmon, Reiff, or Claiborne. They'll get one of those guys and add either pick #22, a future first, or a bunch of picks.

They are in fantastic shape and it's anyone's guess as to which package they choose/is best/which player they prefer of the one's that will be there at 4,6, or 8.

There's also a slight possibility that they love Kalil too much to miss out on him. And an even more complicated scenario that would come about if MIN blackballs them to get a little something, CLE picks 2nd, STL actually trades back up to 3 (MIN threatens to take Kalil but concedes him if STL is willing to part with a pick or two), and MIN takes whoever at 4. In essence, a 3-team deal with Minny playing hardball. Unlikely, but possible if they want to be dicks.

So,

I'd guess:

50% chance they trade down to 4 with CLE.
20% chance they trade down to 6 with WAS.
10% chance they trade down to 8 with MIA.
5% chance they stay put and take Kalil.
5% chance someone else moves up for RG3 (ARZ, SEA, DAL, NYJ, KC)
5% chance they stay put and take someone other than Kalil.
5% OTHER
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Will they select Ryan Kalil?
Since when can teams draft players already in the NFL? The Kalil you're looking for is Matt.

Anyways, I think the Rams would be stupid not to trade the pick as long as they get a good offer and I don't see how they wouldn't.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not ashamed to say I voted for Matt Damon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will have to see where Flynn and Manning end up before I can say with any kind of certainty. if Manning goes to Washington and Flynn goes to Miami or Cleveland then I don't think Griffin necessarily goes #2 overall. He might go #4 in that case. In any case, I must admit Matt Damon is very likely a possibility.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs will be trading up with the Rams to secure Robert Griffin III.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As the Rams dude on here, or at least one of them. My hope is trade #2 for #4 and #22 and some late round pick. BAM! If not, we **** them over and trade Washington who sends us #6 and a farm.....
Old 02-24-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
As the Rams dude on here, or at least one of them. My hope is trade #2 for #4 and #22 and some late round pick. BAM! If not, we **** them over and trade Washington who sends us #6 and a farm.....
I am hoping for the same thing.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Chiefs will be trading up with the Rams to secure Robert Griffin III.
You're off your meds aren't you?
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
If the Redskins want Griffin badly, they'll probably have to offer #6, #39, and a 2013 first (or something equal to all of that) since the Browns have #4 and #22 and #37 as ammo.....which means the Browns would have to counter with #4, #22, and #37 (or something equal to that, like a couple mid rounders instead of #37).

I fully expect there to be a big bidding war between Washington and Cleveland if neither has acquired a QB before the draft. It could drive the price way up. Washington would make offers and Cleveland would have the luxury of being able to match them since their picks are more valuable.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
You're off your meds aren't you?
Absolutely my good man.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I am not ashamed to say I voted for Matt Damon.
I did also. No reason to be ashamed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Skins because I think the Browns will land Flynn.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for trade to cleveland.

As a Vikings fan, i feel somewhat conflicted about this. I want the Vikes to draft Kalil, but i also want them to be the ones to trade down to be able to fill some of the holes that we have.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on if Cleveland will give up their 2nd first in this draft.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Skins because I think the Browns will land Flynn.
You're a smart man.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, sure are a lot of scenarios for the Rams' 2nd pick.

Still, a lot of things could change between now and April but keep in mind that when Fish took the job one of the first things out of his mouth was that protecting the QB was going to be a priority.

From what I can gather from Kalil's performance at the Combine it is quite possible that the Rams will stay put and take him with their pick.

While I favor the Rams trading down I would not cry a river if we just take a guy like Kalil and be happy.

Don't forget the GSOT years actually began with Orlando Pace even before Warner and Faulk came on board...

Just sayin'
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Man, sure are a lot of scenarios for the Rams' 2nd pick.

Still, a lot of things could change between now and April but keep in mind that when Fish took the job one of the first things out of his mouth was that protecting the QB was going to be a priority.

From what I can gather from Kalil's performance at the Combine it is quite possible that the Rams will stay put and take him with their pick.

While I favor the Rams trading down I would not cry a river if we just take a guy like Kalil and be happy.

Don't forget the GSOT years actually began with Orlando Pace even before Warner and Faulk came on board...

Just sayin'
I hope not. The Rams have so many needs and LT really isn't one of them. Like I've said before, Rodger Saffold is a good LT that has the potential to be great. He struggles with the Bull rush because he hasn't been coached properly, his hand placement is garbage right now.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the Rams going to bring back Brandon Lloyd? I think that's a better idea than taking Blackmon in the top ten in the event of a trade out. If they swap with WAS I would consider trading out of that #6 spot again or even taking Richardson there over Blackmon. I like Blackmon but best case he's Greg Jennings. I think they get better value with their next pick if they want a WR.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:55 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When in doubt, go with the franchise whose owner loves to play FF.

Seriously I think the Rams want Kalil more than any of the elite prospects in this draft and I can see a scenario where they stand pat and let the Vikes deal for the 3rd pick.

If the Rams trade out of the 2nd pick I don't see how they get Kalil without trading back up to the 3rd slot.

If Bruce Allen and Shanny tell Danny boy they really want RGIII, be prepared to see some wild sheet go down before the draft, like three 1s for Grif.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 02-26-2012 at 02:00 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Are the Rams going to bring back Brandon Lloyd? I think that's a better idea than taking Blackmon in the top ten in the event of a trade out. If they swap with WAS I would consider trading out of that #6 spot again or even taking Richardson there over Blackmon. I like Blackmon but best case he's Greg Jennings. I think they get better value with their next pick if they want a WR.
I say it's a 45% chance he stays. He has stated that he wants to stay, just not sure the Rams have the cash for it.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really, really want Matt Kalil if I was running the Panthers.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:45 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait....which #2 pick?