Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What happens at #2
Rams take Kalil 5 5.38%
Rams take Blackmon 4 4.30%
Rams trade pick to Cleveland, who takes Griffin 27 29.03%
Rams trade pick to Wash, who takes Griffin 28 30.11%
Rams trade pick to a team other than Cle, Wash, who take Griffin 7 7.53%
Rams trade pick to a team who takes Kalil 0 0%
Matt Damon 22 23.66%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Brian Orakpo? where does he fit? He's a 34 outside linebacker and the Rams run a 43. Even if he played Defensive End it's not like that's a huge need with Quinn and Long there.
2 options.

1-Use him like the Skins did as a rookie. SLB on running downs, and rush end on passing downs which means Long slides inside on most passing downs.

2-Rotate your ends and keep fresh legs on the field. The Giants have had success with multiple pass rushing ends (Strahan, Osi & Tuck and now JPP, Osi and Tuck).

I doubt they would be willing to part with Orakpo however.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bear Heiser (?) reports that per a league source this is what was offered in preliminary talks:

Browns:

#4, #37, 5th rounder, and 2013 2nd
(would include #22 also if they had to)

Redskins:

#6, #39, 2013 2nd & 3rd

http://www.nationalfootballauthority...rams-have.html

Obviously the Browns offer is better so far, but what the Rams are gonna get is gonna be waaaaay more than either of those offers.

i heard this guy is legit.....and we know that the pick will cost way more than that - but I thought it was interesting to hear what the early, preliminary offers are so far.

Oh yeah, and one of the "mystery teams" is apparently the Jets. Haha, Sanchez.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 02-28-2012 at 03:47 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.....If I were the Rams, I'd be licking my chops right now knowing that at the very least, I could be getting #4, #22, #37, a 2013 2nd, and a 2012 5th rounder for the #2 pick. That would surpass the value of the Eli Manning trade...though there was no bidding war for Eli like there might be for RG3.

If the Browns offer #4, #22, #37, a 5th, and a 2012 2nd, I must say it would be nearly impossible for Washington to top that. I would also be pretty mad if we gave up all that for one player instead of keeping the picks and signing Flynn.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 02-28-2012 at 04:01 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
.....If I were the Rams, I'd be licking my chops right now knowing that at the very least, I could be getting #4, #22, #37, a 2013 2nd, and a 2012 5th rounder for the #2 pick. That would surpass the value of the Eli Manning trade...though there was no bidding war for Eli like there might be for RG3.

If the Browns offer #4, #22, #37, a 5th, and a 2012 2nd, I must say it would be nearly impossible for Washington to top that. I would also be pretty mad if we gave up all that for one player instead of keeping the picks and signing Flynn.
It really comes down to how your scouts and GM feel about both players. If they really expect that Flynn has true franchise ability, then I agree but if they have reservation about Flynn's upside and ceiling then the cost for RG111 is well worth it.

I really think the cost for RG111 will equate to what San Diego got for Eli, that will be the price the Brown's will have to pay.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
If the Browns offer #4, #22, #37, a 5th, and a 2012 2nd . . . I would also be pretty mad if we gave up all that for one player instead of keeping the picks and signing Flynn.
Boom. This. x94183908578430540253257430

I'd flip-the-****-out.

Last edited by fear the elf : 02-28-2012 at 04:38 PM.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I trust the people the Browns have in their organization when it comes to evaluating QBs (Holmgren, Heckert, Shurmur, Childress, Whipple, Haskell)...say what you want about the Browns but they went overkill on people who know about QBs. I would be shocked if they weren't all bananas over Griffin, I'm not sure on Flynn. I expect they don't want to overpay for him, but they will explore the possibility of bringing him in and keeping the picks. I figure he's probably at least another Schaub or Hasselbeck type - a guy good enough to get you where you want to go if the rest of your team is championship caliber.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams will get this deal done before FA starts if they are smart. If the Browns offer both 1sts and a 2nd this year, it should be enough unless Schneider goes crazy. Schneider would have to offer 2012 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 2013 1st to beat the Browns offer.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#2 for #4, #22, #37 (prolly could be the 3rd rounder instead in my eyes in compromising), and a 5th Rounder....That trade bing bang zow.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
#2 for #4, #22, #37 (prolly could be the 3rd rounder instead in my eyes in compromising), and a 5th Rounder....That trade bing bang zow.
Just a 1st is amazing to move down two spots, and still land the best guy at either position the Vikes dont take.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

yeah. that trade could wind up being Robert Griffin III for, say, Justin Blackmon + Devon Still or Mike Adams + Janoris Jenkins and more (or something similar). Eli was traded for Philip Rivers, Shawne Merriman, Nate Kaeding, and someone else idr.

The thing is, if I had Blackmon, Still/Adams, Jenkins, etc.....then I would trade those guys for Griffin in a heartbeat if Griffin turns out to be a great QB.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Just a 1st is amazing to move down two spots, and still land the best guy at either position the Vikes dont take.
Oh for sure I'd love the trade even if it was just #2 for #4 and #22. That would be great in my eyes. But trade chart, draft inks all around, say that we should get another pick or 2. Cuz yeah I'd love to go with Claiborne and a WR or a T at #22.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#4 #37 a fifth and a 2nd next year I would be insanely happy, would still have the chance of landing Mike Adams or Kendall Wright.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this is a double post, but what are Redskins fans saying about giving up the farm to get RGIII, are they against it or what?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I know this is a double post, but what are Redskins fans saying about giving up the farm to get RGIII, are they against it or what?
My Reskins fans would love to package picks, but they also believe they could entice Manning there with their FA money that they could give to Peyton and Reggie Wayne + have a solid defense.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Reports on Twitter from ESPN and Schefter are saying the Rams are definitely trading the pick (a deal may already have been struck). No word yet on what the compensation will be or to whom the pick will go to.
Sorry but I'm not buying this. What good would that do the Rams to make this deal that far in advance? Or either side for that matter. I am sure it's been discussed, but you get a feel for the offers on the table, then go to the other teams involve and see if they will top it. For all the Rams know, a team could come into the picture last minute and budge off of a pick they initially wouldn't include, so I doubt they would be doing anything other then getting a feel for the interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Sorry but I'm not buying this. What good would that do the Rams to make this deal that far in advance? Or either side for that matter. I am sure it's been discussed, but you get a feel for the offers on the table, then go to the other teams involve and see if they will top it. For all the Rams know, a team could come into the picture last minute and budge off of a pick they initially wouldn't include, so I doubt they would be doing anything other then getting a feel for the interest.
The benefit in selling the pick now is that teams don't get a chance to fight for Manning or Flynn.

Believe it or not, but once Manning and Flynn become available, the #2 pick is worth a lot less.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From STLToday

Just heard on 101 ESPN "Freddie Coleman Show", one of the credited guys in Cleveland stated that the Browns will not stay will Colt McCoy despite what is rumored. The gentleman (sorry I dont remember his name) stated that Andy Reid could eventually be chased out of town while our good friend Shurmer could easily be fired if they keep rolling the dice with McCoy.

He stated that Cleveland is believed to give up both the # 4 and #22 first round picks along with the #36 overall pick (4th pick in second round). This is only if they want to move up to the Rams spot. He also said that they could be interested in Flynn, Orton, or other QBs but that a move has got to be made. He personally stated that he thinks the Browns need a new face to the franchise and that RGIII would be a perfect fit on and off the field. Lastly, he said that the Cleveland fans would be most upset if they didnt address the QB need and put a competitive product on the field. He then felt that a majority of the fans would be upset if RGIII was not a Brown come April.

I know there are tons of threads on this stuff right now, but hearing from a Cleveland guy was credible/Important IMO.

Read more: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/...#ixzz1nq0DklmX
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I've long said it's either Flynn, Griffin, or bust for the Browns. Everyone knows that Colt McCoy isn't going to be the starter next season. I guess we can't rule out Tannehill if Flynn is too pricey and if the Redskins go Ditka on us...but Colt is a backup from now on.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:59 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid with RG3 and McCoy would be great to watch in his offense, I could really see that happening if the Eagles end up losing Desean Jackson

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: how badly do the Browns want Grif?? I know the Skins really, REALLY want the kid.

Do the Brown feel like the immediate future of their franchise hinges on signing a player like RGIII?

Because now I'm hearing the Browns could EASILY trump any deal put forth by the Skins by giving the Rams their #4 and #22 this year AND their #1 in 2013.

THe SKins can offer multiple draft picks, but they can't match the Browns in terms of quality of those selections.

Potentially three top 25 picks over the next two years for RGIII, man that's a hard deal to beat even if the Skins include players like Orakpo, Trent Williams or Laron Landry in a trade.

Not a happy Skins fan!:(

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 03-01-2012 at 08:20 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Because now I'm hearing the Browns could EASILY trump any deal put forth by the Skins by giving the Rams their #4 and #22 this year AND their #1 in 2013.
Whoa, where did you hear that they were considering this?!

I just don't get it... RGIII is great, sure, but what's the point of drafting a guy if you can't put any talent around him for the first two years of his career?

I guess we could run some sweet Cyclone/Wildcat packages with Cribbs, Wallace, and RGIII though, so it'd be worth it!!!!

/sarcasm
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Whoa, where did you hear that they were considering this?!

I just don't get it... RGIII is great, sure, but what's the point of drafting a guy if you can't put any talent around him for the first two years of his career?

I guess we could run some sweet Cyclone/Wildcat packages with Cribbs, Wallace, and RGIII though, so it'd be worth it!!!!

/sarcasm

Not saying the Browns are considering it, just that if the price goes up to three #1s before FA, the Browns have the better deal to offer.
Three #1s IMO is probably the last stop for Dan Snyder's crazy train, and if the Browns matched I think Washington would be out.

This was Casserly's rumor BTW on a local radio station in the D.C. Metro area.
He's speculating about how high the price could go, that's why I was wondering what the temp was for Browns fans in considering RGIII??
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Not saying the Browns are considering it, just that if the price goes up to three #1s before FA, the Browns have the better deal to offer.
Three #1s IMO is probably the last stop for Dan Snyder's crazy train, and if the Browns matched I think Washington would be out.

This was Casserly's rumor BTW on a local radio station in the D.C. Metro area.
He's speculating about how high the price could go, that's why I was wondering what the temp was for Browns fans in considering RGIII??
I see. I'd say I'm a little cooler on RGIII than most Browns fans. People bring up the fact that they'd easily trade all these picks for an established franchise guy like Eli, but there's no guarantee that RGIII becomes that good. Especially if your not going to give him any tools to work with for a couple years.

Really, the most I'd want to give up is the #4, #22, and a 4th round pick. I know that realistically, that probably won't get it done though.

Last edited by fear the elf : 03-01-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Louis better close this deal with the browns. They could still get blackmon/claiborne at 4 then a wide receiver(stephen hill?) or lineman(peter konz/mike adams) with the 22nd

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I know it sounds like the Browns really want to add an answer at QB, and that they'll probably explore Flynn and his value/price range, as well as try to get Griffin who I know and you know every team that needs a QB is falling in love with. If we don't get Flynn in free agency you better bet that there will be a bidding war for Griffin and the Browns, like you said fun, have the ammo to outbid anyone if they want to - and Holmgren has tried to move a motherload of picks for Sam Bradford in the past.

I think the Browns are still the favorites for Griffin b/c of this, but there is a lot that is gonna happen in the next 8 weeks so who knows. The Redskins have a really good chance of being the team to take him. No quesiton he should go to one of those two teams.