Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Hill and Doug Martin on our team.Martin could be all around back and fill in for Gore after he is gone. Hes also my favorite HB of the draft for mid round. Too bad he isn't 2nd round grade.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Quick kid looks amazing, what balance and suddenness, could be a gem.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I would love to see Hill and Doug Martin on our team.Martin could be all around back and fill in for Gore after he is gone. Hes also my favorite HB of the draft for mid round. Too bad he isn't 2nd round grade.
Depends on who you ask. The majority of the sites I read have him as a 2nd round grade. Personally, he's my #2 ranked RB, just as Kendall Hunter was last year.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldnt decide between Ballard and the Muscle Hampster. I honestly just picked the SEC running back lol

Old 03-08-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I couldnt decide between Ballard and the Muscle Hampster. I honestly just picked the SEC running back lol
He's got great feet. When he moves lateral he doesn't lose much if any momentum. Thats rare for a small, stocky back. I like him, Brandon Bolden of Ole Miss and Bernard Pierce from Temple as mid-late round guys I'd like us to look at.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niner scout on hand for Mami's Pro Day
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-thursday.html
Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This site has us taking an offensive guard in the first round. I wouldn't mind that actually if that is the BPA at our spot. Worked out with Aldon Smith. We already have Kilgore though and I'm wondering if he's ever going to get his shot.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could see us going WR, CB, or HB @ 30. I would not mind AT ALL if Doug Martin were there and we took him
Old 03-13-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
This site has us taking an offensive guard in the first round. I wouldn't mind that actually if that is the BPA at our spot. Worked out with Aldon Smith. We already have Kilgore though and I'm wondering if he's ever going to get his shot.
Guard is such a Baalke pick. Wouldn't shock me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Guard is such a Baalke pick. Wouldn't shock me.
Other than the fact he's already drafted 3 in 2 years (Iupati, Kilgore, Person)
Old 03-13-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Other than the fact he's already drafted 3 in 2 years (Iupati, Kilgore, Person)
Yes, we are all aware of who we drafted. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't take BPA, even if that happens to be a guard.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes, we are all aware of who we drafted. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't take BPA, even if that happens to be a guard.
You can't argue BPA.

It would just make trading up for Kilgore seem peculiar in hindsight.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
You can't argue BPA.

I'm still scratching my head about that.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
We're on the opposite sides of the fence on it then, which easily describes our opposition regarding Zeitler at #30.

I will only scratch my head if Kilgore doesn't get an opportunity. Until then, I feel he is being groomed to be a starting G. He basically was red-shirted last season.

If I'm wrong, then you're absolutely right in scratching your head already, and targeting G at #30 seems even more likely.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless Decastro falls to us i dont think we should draft a G at 30.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omar Bolden ran a 4.4 at his pro day. That'll definitely have him in the 3rd-4th round area.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At 30, I would be shocked if they drafted an OG unless its DeCastro because 4/5 of the starting OL would be first round draft picks. I'm hoping for Fleener, Hill and DeCastro in that order. However, I would prefer them to sign a veteran RG Jake Scott as a one or two year stopgap and then hope Kilgore is ready to start. I dont want a rookie or Kilgore at RG next to Davis. Dont know about others here, I prefer a veteran next to Davis.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
We're on the opposite sides of the fence on it then, which easily describes our opposition regarding Zeitler at #30.

I will only scratch my head if Kilgore doesn't get an opportunity. Until then, I feel he is being groomed to be a starting G. He basically was red-shirted last season.

If I'm wrong, then you're absolutely right in scratching your head already, and targeting G at #30 seems even more likely.
I honestly dont know what to expect from the first few picks any more. Baalke is so hard to predict.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
At 30, I would be shocked if they drafted an OG unless its DeCastro because 4/5 of the starting OL would be first round draft picks.
Who cares where they were picked? That doesn't make any sense. All I care about is if they can dominate the line of scrimmage or not.

Quote:
I'm hoping for Fleener, Hill and DeCastro in that order.
I rate DeCastro as one of the top 10 players in this draft so I wouldn't have him behind Fleener AND Hill (though I really like all 3 of those guys).

Quote:
However, I would prefer them to sign a veteran RG Jake Scott as a one or two year stopgap and then hope Kilgore is ready to start. I dont want a rookie or Kilgore at RG next to Davis. Dont know about others here, I prefer a veteran next to Davis.
Ugh. Do not want Jake Scott. But, if they somehow sign Manning, then I definitely see them signing or drafting a 1st round RG just to make sure there isn't a giant hole there if Kilgore isn't ready.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
Who cares where they were picked? That doesn't make any sense. All I care about is if they can dominate the line of scrimmage or not.
Its not that I care where they're picked but when their contracts are up....thats going to cost possibly Nicks/Evans type money which means we'll just have to replace them. Thats the only reason why im mentioning it.

Quote:
I rate DeCastro as one of the top 10 players in this draft so I wouldn't have him behind Fleener AND Hill (though I really like all 3 of those guys).
I have Fleener and Hill ahead of DeCastro because I prefer them over DeCastro. Of course, I think that all three will be long gone so in the end, this is all mute.

Quote:
Ugh. Do not want Jake Scott. But, if they somehow sign Manning, then I definitely see them signing or drafting a 1st round RG just to make sure there isn't a giant hole there if Kilgore isn't ready.
I dont want Scott either but since the guy I preferred is in ARZ, he's the next best option and he's better than Leonard Davis by far as he's done. The main reason I want Scott instead of a rookie or Kilgore starting is because I dont like the idea of having a young guy next to Davis. I prefer a veteran next to Davis.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
You can't argue BPA.

Unless they were profiling him as their future Center. The Niners need two new starting interior linemen in the next few years.

I don't see how they don't target an OG as a priority this off-season when they lost everyone who played a down at RG in a really sub par line last year.

Like I said earlier, a team that ranked 20th in the league in ypc and gave up the 7th most sacks needs some additional help on the line.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just because they liked Kilgore enough to target and go get him last year, it doesn't mean that they couldn't look to upgrade the Guard spot using a higher pick the next season. He did redshirt and they had a season to look at him, but perhaps they aren't sold on him as a starter at RG yet or they would rather he be groomed to take over for Goodwin at Center in the near future. I don't know if they'll target a RG at 30, but I could see them taking one if they saw the value or BPA in a player.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Keep in mind that all of my opinions of G at 30 have changed with Snyder's departure. I really didn't see that coming.

I thought that Kilgore would start and Snyder would backup.

"Best 53"... so BPA is the way to go.

My memory says the "plan" was for Kilgore to work as C/G and Person to work as G/T

Chase Beeler is still a member of the PS, I believe. I've never been high on his chances of making the final 53.

Pittsburgh Steelers GM Kevin Colbert is on record as saying that Guard is a really deep class this year, while C and T are weaker.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-17-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Thats why I was hoping for the team to re-sign Snyder (who actually got paid less than what I would have been willing to give him) for at least two years because that way, in 2014,they could let him and Goodwin walk as UFA's and by then, Beeler/Kilgore/Person would hopefully be ready and if not, we would have three drafts (2012-2014) to draft their replacements. Oh well.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

1. Stephen Hill WR, Georgia Tech.
2. Brandon Washington OG, Miami
3. Robert Turbin RB, Utah St.
4. T.Y. Hilton WR, Florida Int.
5. Miles Burris LB, San Diego St.
6. Hebron Fangupo NT, BYU
7. Beau Reliford TE, Florida St.
7. Jeremy Jones DB, Wayne St. (I would give up a 7th for Grant...)

Thoughts?
Closed Thread