Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be very happy with 1-5

I tried to evaluate Burris as a ST demon that could play both OLB and OLB depending on situation. I'm on the fence with him.

I love 1-4 in particular. Of course that would mean 6 WRs.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Would be very happy with 1-5

I tried to evaluate Burris as a ST demon that could play both OLB and OLB depending on situation. I'm on the fence with him.

I love 1-4 in particular. Of course that would mean 6 WRs.
Yeah the Manningham signing changes some things. Sadly I posted this right before hand I saw it lol. I still am a huge fan of Both Hill and Hilton. I would be okay with drafting them in those same spots even with Mario on the team.

I almost put Brandon Lindsey in that spot. Though I feel like Burris is versatile enough to provide some increased value. I also like Josh Kaddu and thought about him there as well.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
1. Stephen Hill WR, Georgia Tech.
2. Brandon Washington OG, Miami
3. Robert Turbin RB, Utah St.
4. T.Y. Hilton WR, Florida Int.
5. Miles Burris LB, San Diego St.
6. Hebron Fangupo NT, BYU
7. Beau Reliford TE, Florida St.
7. Jeremy Jones DB, Wayne St. (I would give up a 7th for Grant...)

Thoughts?
Is that before or after signing Manningham? Nevermind.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Is that before or after signing Manningham? Nevermind.
I'm updating now based on it, so I may post a new one tonight.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Updated post Manningham:

1. Kevin Zeitler OG, Wisconsin
2. Chris Polk RB, Washington
3. Mychal Kendricks LB, Cal.
5. Tramain Thomas S, Arkansas
7. Jeremy Jones DB, Wayne St.

Last edited by thediggler3030 : 03-18-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Updated post Manningham
Manningham should equate to not taking a WR in the first. My guess is OG.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 03-18-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
OG is certainly a bigger need at this point. That is why I have Zeitler going in the first in the mock I just posted. Though I still would be okay with a WR in the first. Especially a developmental guy like Hill.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:44 AM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

1. Coby Fleener
2. Jared Crick
3. Robert Turbin

Thoughts?

I see Turbin as the 2nd best RB in that Draft.
I really like his speed out of his cuts and he is really fast for his size. Also he can catch the Ball. I didnt saw him blocking.
Why is Turbin listed as bad as he is? Can u explain it...?

Edit:
DeCastro would be the dream pick, but no way he will be there. Think he goes Top 15.
Before the Manningham signing, Hill was also a favorite. But i havent a problem if we pick him with manningham on board, if he is there at 30

Last edited by MaybeDavis : 03-18-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would like this. Our offensive line is still bleh. Too bad Kilgore seems out of the mix.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Updated post Manningham:

1. Kevin Zeitler OG, Wisconsin
2. Chris Polk RB, Washington
3. Mychal Kendricks LB, Cal.
5. Tramain Thomas S, Arkansas
7. Jeremy Jones DB, Wayne St.
I actually prefer the first version. But that's just me.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I would like this. Our offensive line is still bleh. Too bad Kilgore seems out of the mix.
According to whom?

Quote:
Daniel Kilgore is expected to compete for the 49ers' starting right guard job this season.
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6669/daniel-kilgore
Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeDavis View Post
1. Coby Fleener
2. Jared Crick
3. Robert Turbin

Thoughts?

I see Turbin as the 2nd best RB in that Draft.
I really like his speed out of his cuts and he is really fast for his size. Also he can catch the Ball. I didnt saw him blocking.
Why is Turbin listed as bad as he is? Can u explain it...?

Edit:
DeCastro would be the dream pick, but no way he will be there. Think he goes Top 15.
Before the Manningham signing, Hill was also a favorite. But i havent a problem if we pick him with manningham on board, if he is there at 30
I would be disappointed with Fleener in the first. I like Delanie Walker a lot, but also just don't think Fleener is worth a first round pick. Mid second I would be fine, outside of the fact that its just not a need, but whatev on that front
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if a guy like Devon Still or Andre Branch fall to 30 somehow? I think that they should definitely be looked at. I'm a big fan of these guys.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
What if a guy like Devon Still or Andre Branch fall to 30 somehow? I think that they should definitely be looked at. I'm a big fan of these guys.
I like those players and would be okay with them especially if they were Baalke's BPA, but I have been prioritizing offensive players as the Niners really struggled in all aspects of the offense last year. Finding a player that will bulk up the rushing game or help stretch the field is a serious need, especially if they bring Smith back.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated mock after several fa signings:

1. cordy glenn - g
2. brandon taylor - s
3. joe adams - wr
4. bruce irvin - old/de
5. vick ballard - rb
6. bj coleman - qb
7. james rodgers - wr
Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see them still taking a (somewhat) developmental guy like Hill at 30, despite the Manningham and Moss signings as they are both short term contracts, with a chance that Moss might not even make the final 53.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 03-20-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes I would still love to draft and good wide out at 30.Then go after o line defense back etc following those rounds.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can sign Schwartz, we'd be in pretty good position to go BPA all the way. We've done a good job of addressing our needs in FA. I could see us draft for the future, ie Delanie Walker and Isaac Sopoaga's contracts are up and i don't know if we'll re-sign them. Could be a good opportunity to take a TE and NT this draft to groom as their replacement.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How so? His deal is only two years. And its very debatable whether Manningham is just a glorified #2 WR(me personally, I say he is). It all depends on who is still available when our pick rolls around. I think we will still go WR at 30 if either Hill or Wright are on the board. OG is a position I believe that if your not getting elite talent, you take later. I thought Iupati was the best OG prospect since Hutch. It made sense to take him where we did in 2010. There isnt a OG prospect at 30 I feel is just head and shoulders better than a guy you could probably nap in round two or three. And since free agency is far from over, I dont think we're done addressing the OG position.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about RBs? Some guys I like are Doug Martin in the first or Isiah Pead in the third
Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
What about RBs? Some guys I like are Doug Martin in the first or Isiah Pead in the third
Doug Martin is not a first round pick. RB values are not that high, unless it's stand-out talent.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 03-22-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Doug Martin is not a first round pick. RB values are not that high, unless it's stand-out talent.
And Pead is a thin, shifty back. If the 49ers address RB, I feel they will add a big bodied power back, or an all-around "every down" back to groom behind Gore.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
And Pead is a thin, shifty back. If the 49ers address RB, I feel they will add a big bodied power back, or an all-around "every down" back to groom behind Gore.
Agreed,

I'm thinking

Doug Martin in the 2nd
Lamar Miller in the 2nd
Chris Polk in the 2nd
Bernard Pierce in the 3rd
Robert Turbin in the 3rd
Tauren Pool in the 4th
Vic Ballard in the 4th
Dan Herron in the 4th
Terrance Ganeway in the 5th
Devin Meggett in the 5th
Edwin Baker in the 5th

Those are the RB's who have good value in those rounds, and I also think they fit a need of an RB that can develop into Gore's eventual replacement or at least would work well in a committee with Kendall Hunter.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Kendall Wright were available at 30 would you Niner fans still jump on him? You also can't have enough good offensive linemen, but I'm confused because San Francisco has invested in a lot of high linemen recently? What are some other areas the Niners would like to address?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
So if Kendall Wright were available at 30 would you Niner fans still jump on him? You also can't have enough good offensive linemen, but I'm confused because San Francisco has invested in a lot of high linemen recently? What are some other areas the Niners would like to address?
I wouldn't mind another offensive guard. I feel like we already have a good amount of receivers that can make plays for us to not warrant taking another one with our first round pick.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Closed Thread