Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Just saw today that Michael Floyd is visiting with the Niners next week. Could we possibly be trading up to get him. I think it would be a great move he's exactly what the WR corps needs.
I think its means very little. We always schedule visits with guys expected to be gone before we pick. I think we interviewed Von Miller, Dareus, and AJ Green from last year's draft. Everything is smokescreen while Yoda Baalke uses the ways of The Force behind the scenes.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I think its means very little. We always schedule visits with guys expected to be gone before we pick. I think we interviewed Von Miller, Dareus, and AJ Green from last year's draft. Everything is smokescreen while Yoda Baalke uses the ways of The Force behind the scenes.
I would take this a little more seriously since the Niners are the only team past pick 15 he is visiting.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would take this a little more seriously since the Niners are the only team past pick 15 he is visiting.
Just seems a little too straight-foward for Baalke. This FO is very careful about not tipping their hand when it comes to personel. No one knew All-Done was on our radar last year. No one knew we brought in a guy like Cully and worked him out and did some board work with him until weeks after the draft. No one knew we had a scout go out to Florida and workout Bruce Miller at FB. This regime runs a tight ship as far as who their targeting in regards to potential prospects. If Floyd were really on their radar, I doubt they would annonunce their bringing him in for a visit. Not saying that Baalke wouldnt draft him if he fell, but I doubt it means they are looking at trading up because he came in to visit. I have no idea what Baalke has in store come draft day......and I absolutely love it.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-10-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
FrankGore
Rookie

FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, whatever happens will be done very quietly. My best guess now is Fleener, Hill, Randle, Wright or one of the interior OL.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankGore View Post
Yeah, whatever happens will be done very quietly. My best guess now is Fleener, Hill, Randle, Wright or one of the interior OL.
I really do not want Randle or Jeffrey, I've seen enough receivers with average speed (read as slow), I want somebody with wheels for a change. I'm torn on Kendall Wright...if it was between Kendall and Fleener I guess I would go Kendall.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking it's going to be Fleener unless somebody else takes him 1st. Delanie Walker had a mega-bad injury, Harbaugh shifted 2-3 TEs around all those plays early last yr (who was he fooling? idk) & of course he played for him.

If he misses on Fleener I agree with whoever said a TE in mid-later rds
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
FrankGore
Rookie

FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I really do not want Randle or Jeffrey, I've seen enough receivers with average speed (read as slow), I want somebody with wheels for a change. I'm torn on Kendall Wright...if it was between Kendall and Fleener I guess I would go Kendall.
I don't think Randle is slow at all, he's a low 4.5s guy and plenty of those guys make it big in the NFL. He had no problem getting behind SEC DBs and creating good separation. He has a good feel for the position and actually separates more than Stephen Hill at this point.

My biggest concerns with Randle are the body catching which he has to clean up, and the 31 inch vert. The vert is an index of explosiveness and he doesn't really have what you look for...I think he starts in the NFL and can be a Donald Driver type though.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wright is not making it to 30 I give it that. I think IMO we go after either Hill or Fleener with Jimbaugh and his Stanford guy ..
Old 04-12-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill was on NFL Live yesterday and admitted he grew up as a Falcons fan. They asked him specifically about t he Niners (since he's being mocked to us by Kiper and McShay) and he didn't seem overly excited at the thought of donning the gold helmet, answering in an uninspiring tone and not saying much. Didn't really win me over as I want guys who WANT to be Niners. Patrick Willis is a phenomenal example of someone who wanted to be there. Crabtree is an example of someone who appeared to be indifferent. Just saying.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 04-12-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
david_581
Rookie

david_581 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7805692

Coby Fleener - Sport Science

That Tight End is a freak.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_581 View Post
Coby Fleener - Sport Science

That Tight End is a freak.
Alex could really use that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
david_581
Rookie

david_581 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Alex could really use that.
Imagine what Kaepernick can do with that by the time he starts
Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephen Hill scheduled to visit this weekend, hopefully he will be back here in 2 weeks for the press conference.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant Cohn's latest mock suggests the 49ers swap 1st, trade 2nd and a 4th to Bengals for Coby Fleener.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/...to-pick-no-17/

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I think the highest Fleener goes is at 24and all it would take to get to pick #23 is a 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Not saying I would do that trade, just saying I think Grant Cohn is going over the top with his trade idea.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sac Bee reports Malcom Floyd's scheduled visit was cancelled. Thought he would like to see the ground work for the new stadium that will be ready when he hits the FA market. :D
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Grant Cohn's latest mock suggests the 49ers swap 1st, trade 2nd and a 4th to Bengals for Coby Fleener.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I think the highest Fleener goes is at 24and all it would take to get to pick #23 is a 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Not saying I would do that trade, just saying I think Grant Cohn is going over the top with his trade idea.
Oh please no!!! This would be horrible! 2nd round picks are gold I tell you. Taking Fleener at 30 is one thing, giving up the farm for him is another. I do like the possibility of Marvin Jones in the third to take that choke artists, Kyle Williams' roster spot.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post

Yeah the only way I see the Niners taking Fleener is if he falls to them. I think the only guy I could see them trading up for would be either, DeCastro, Floyd, or Poe.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah the only way I see the Niners taking Fleener is if he falls to them. I think the only guy I could see them trading up for would be either, DeCastro, Floyd, or Poe.

I think that's about right. I could see them moving up a few spots for a couple other guys, maybe Gilmore, Glenn, or Brockers, but not more than 3 or 4 spots. Going from 30 to say 26 would still cost a 3rd rounder probably though....Not a fan a trading up at all unless there is a great value to be had. Fleener at 17 is definitely not that..
Old 04-12-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Trade Crabtree to Dallas for their pick!! Take DeCastro there and then draft Fleener/Hill @ 30!! It's so nice to dream...
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

2 Thursdays from now we will be picking right about at this time....
Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

After tonight the Niners will have met with, Randle, Wright, and Hill. It sounds like Wright's stock is down right now there could be a chance he slips to the Niners.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No trading up for Fleener. He's a talent but he's still a borderline first round prospect IMO. If he falls to 30, then it's their call but none of this 3 picks to trade up for a TE when we already have an All-Pro talent at the same position on the roster. If they trade 3 picks, they need to do it for Richardson, and THAT is still extremely risky.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 04-13-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

With the possibility of moving Anthony Davis to Guard what do you guys think about the possibility of drafting Mike Adams to play RT? Do you think he's a good value at #30?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankGore View Post
I don't think Randle is slow at all, he's a low 4.5s guy and plenty of those guys make it big in the NFL. He had no problem getting behind SEC DBs and creating good separation. He has a good feel for the position and actually separates more than Stephen Hill at this point.

My biggest concerns with Randle are the body catching which he has to clean up, and the 31 inch vert. The vert is an index of explosiveness and he doesn't really have what you look for...I think he starts in the NFL and can be a Donald Driver type though.
Can Randle do anything that Crabtree can't do? I think they are similar in that they can do a lot of things but are not explosive.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

OK so lets say the board doesn't fall all that great for us but we ca't find a trade partner to move back, who do you pick in these situations?

Hypothetical 1: Top players left on our board are; Randle, Konk, and Zeitler

Hypo 2: Jenkins, Adams, Glenn

Which would you take in each Hypo?

I go Konk in 1 and Glenn in 2 I guess.
Closed Thread