Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Ehh, that still pisses me off about Eli. Maybe I'm the only one. You get to pick where you play College ball at, not the Pro's. I can understand College kids having a preference of where to play, I'm sure a lot of kids would want to play closer to where they grew up and for the team they root for.
It pissed me off at the time because I didnt like the politics of it, but when I looked at it now, it wasn't that big of a deal. What GM really wants to draft a player that hell bent on not playing for you? Better off just making a deal, getting fair compensation and making both parties happy.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-15-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
It pissed me off at the time because I didnt like the politics of it, but when I looked at it now, it wasn't that big of a deal. What GM really wants to draft a player that hell bent on not playing for you? Better off just making a deal, getting fair compensation and making both parties happy.
And Marty Schottenheimer wanted Philip Rivers anyways.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow this thread is losing a little steam
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you were Trent Baalke, would you trade 1(30), 2(61), and 3(92) to move up 15 spots for David DeCastro?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
If you were Trent Baalke, would you trade 1(30), 2(61), and 3(92) to move up 15 spots for David DeCastro?
Damn that's expensive but about right according to the trade chart.....I would not make this trade unless.....something really weird happened and Fleener, Hill, and Glenn came off the board by that time, then I would think about it but probably abstain.

It would only cost us a 3rd rounder to move up to #25 though and I think we possibly may want to do that
Old 04-15-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't. Love DeCastro and he's about as much of a "can't miss" prospect as anyone in this draft, but he's still a Guard. I would rather have the picks. While every other starting position on the team seems to be set for now, that could change pretty quickly... we don't know how Moss will do, we don't know if Crabtree will progress to be the WR that many felt he could be coming out of College. Will Rogers be as good as last year? Will Cox be able to behave himself?

I'd like the 1st 3 rds to consist of a WR, G, and CB. Don't care which order, just the bpa at each of those positions. WRs that may fall to us in rd1 I would want are just Hill and Wright at this point. I'd also be good with Fleener if those 2 are gone. OGs I'm not sure i'd want any in the 1st other than DeCastro or Glenn and I don't think either falls to 30. Would hopefully look for a good value in the 2nd there. CBs would pretty much only be Gilmore at this point in the 1st, but I'm sure he's going earlier as well with Jenkins not being able to keep his **** together.

I didn't really make too much of a convincing argument with myself there, lol. I'm scared that none of the guys I'm interested in @30 are going to be there now. Wright, Hill, Fleener, and Gilmore could all realistically be gone. If that's the case and we end up with a guy like Zeitler, Randle, or Jenkins in rd1 I guess i'd rather have the DeCastro trade then. I'm torn and its late and I'm rambling... lol. What do you think, Phly?
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I didn't really make too much of a convincing argument with myself there, lol. I'm scared that none of the guys I'm interested in @30 are going to be there now. Wright, Hill, Fleener, and Gilmore could all realistically be gone. If that's the case and we end up with a guy like Zeitler, Randle, or Jenkins in rd1 I guess i'd rather have the DeCastro trade then. I'm torn and its late and I'm rambling... lol. What do you think, Phly?
This is precisely where I'm at. I'm thinking there's a great chance that noone available at #30 is rated much higher than anyone they could get at #61. If that's the case, why not trade up to get, perhaps, the best prospect in memory at the only position you have a glaring need.

It is alot to pay. But 20 of 22 starters return and one was replaced with Mario Manningham/Randy Moss. So 21 starters. Maybe 4 drafted players will make the final roster.

Preemptive strike.

But the main reason I asked was because of the forum mock.

I traded a 1st, 2nd, and 4th to move up to #14 and picked DeCastro.

Keeps a 3rd where I can potentially target a WR that has a similar skill-set/ranking to that of Reuben Randle, etc.

Last edited by phlysac : 04-16-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
This is precisely where I'm at. I'm thinking there's a great chance that noone available at #30 is rated much higher than anyone they could get at #61. If that's the case, why not trade up to get, perhaps, the best prospect in memory at the only position you have a glaring need.

It is alot to pay. But 20 of 22 starters return and one was replaced with Mario Manningham/Randy Moss. So 21 starters. Maybe 4 drafted players will make the final roster.

Preemptive strike.

But the main reason I asked was because of the forum mock.

I traded a 1st, 2nd, and 4th to move up to #14 and picked DeCastro.

Keeps a 3rd where I can potentially target a WR that has a similar skill-set/ranking to that of Reuben Randle, etc.
If a similar trade happens on draft day I will be ok with it. I am however pretty confident that one of these 4 players will be available at #30; Hill, Wright, Fleener, Glenn....lets assume that I'm correct for a moment..that leaves two possibilities;

1) We picked a pretty highly regarded pass catching option: In this case we can look to pick the best OL prospect available @ #61, trading up is even an option if Amini or Osemele are available @ # 55 or so....

2) We got Glenn, the #2 ranked OG and possibly a player who can compete with Davis for RT after a year with the loser playing RG....in this case we take the best WR @ # 61, with the possibility of moving up a few spots for somebody like Sanu, Jones, or Quick....
Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Hello all. Just a draft dork looking for a place to satisfy my draft cravings...which are considerable.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Damn that's expensive but about right according to the trade chart.....I would not make this trade unless.....something really weird happened and Fleener, Hill, and Glenn came off the board by that time, then I would think about it but probably abstain.

It would only cost us a 3rd rounder to move up to #25 though and I think we possibly may want to do that
If we trade up (which I'm not really a fan of) I think this will be precisely it Shupp. We may need to move ahead of the texans if we REALLY want Hill.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

I'm curious as to everybody's opinion on OL players that may be available in the 3rd round? Which of these guys do you like? I will throw a few names out there.

Brandon Brooks
Mitchell Schwartz
Brandon Washington
Old 04-17-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart View Post
I'm curious as to everybody's opinion on OL players that may be available in the 3rd round? Which of these guys do you like? I will throw a few names out there.

Brandon Brooks
Mitchell Schwartz
Brandon Washington
In my opinion it's Brandon Brooks and it's not even close. The other two have limited athletic ability to dominate on the 2nd level.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
In my opinion it's Brandon Brooks and it's not even close. The other two have limited athletic ability to dominate on the 2nd level.
What do you think the chances are of him being available when we pick in the 3rd round?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope we don't draft an OG/OL we have enough and could really use a wide out still. the o line can come later in the draft. All this buzz that Guard is our biggest need is annoying. That is what I heard from the 49ers web site at least.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Updated:

1. Coby Fleener TE, Stanford
2. Trumaine Johnson DB, Montana
3. Brandon Washington OG, Miami
4. T.Y. Hilton WR, Florida Int.
5. Tim Fugger OLB/DE, Vanderbilt
6. Brandon Bolden RB, Ole Miss.
7. Travian Robertson DL, S. Carolina
Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love TY Hilton.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tidbit from Peter King's mock draft (who has SF taking Fleener)
https://twitter.com/#!/SI_PeterKing/...72023601418241

Quote:
27 BROWNS FROM PATS
WILL PICK
Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
Cleveland sends a third-rounder to New England to move up 10 spots, from 37 to 27, and prevent the other Weeden fans—Chiefs, Eagles, Bills, Niners—from grabbing him.
King better layoff the Starbucks.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 04-17-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I just hope we don't draft an OG/OL we have enough and could really use a wide out still. the o line can come later in the draft. All this buzz that Guard is our biggest need is annoying. That is what I heard from the 49ers web site at least.
I'd be enlightened to hear your reason to believe it isn't.

Guards on roster...

Mike Iupati
Daniel Kilgore
Mike Person
Garrett Chisolm

Now look at any other position, and compare talent levels.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/SI_PeterKing/...72023601418241

Why in the hell would the Niners be interested in Weeden. If they are putting that out there it's an unbelievable smokescreen.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say G is our biggest need but not biggest priority, if that makes any sense. RG is certainly a position where you can get away with an average-above average player. Certainly something to keep an eye on to upgrade, but i wouldn't go to a great length to do so (ie trading multiple premium picks or a huge contract).
Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think your under-selling Schwartz a bit. Is he a OT you could leave on an island without any help or a chip? Probably not. But I think he could turn into a solid technician at the next level and be a pretty good RT or very good swing tackle/depth guy. He is limited athleticially but I think he could probably do all the other things really well and not get raped on the outside against the better pass-rushers. But speed rushers will defintely give him problems so he's probably better suited for the right side. I think he has potential though. I see him dropping to the 4th or 5th round because teams are scared of his slow feet, which i think is more technique driven than him just not being agile enough. I think he plays way too high when in pass-protection. But I think he's a better athlete than most are giving him credit for. I look at him and see a guy who could very well end up being a better pro than college player in the right scheme. I think he could thrive in ours. That being said, I really hope we dont draft a OT. I think we're pretty much set there.

And I dont see any O-Line prospect that last that long, having the potential of being dominant. Solid pro? Yeah, sure. Dominant is a strong word to be considered for any 3rd rounder not named Navarro Bowman ;). Its a reason they're still on the board. Brooks is the better of the group but he has his issues as well. Brooks probably has the highest ceiling, but I think its very possible Schwartz could end up the better pro. Like any player, depends on where they go and what the scheme asks them to do.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Weeden being taken by the Niners? Sigh.

Peter King knows less about football than my left nut.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We re-signed Smith, signed FA Josh Johnson and drafted Colin Kaepernick high a year ago and King thinks that we'll be interested in a QB at 30? What a moron.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it says Weeden to the BROWNS.

Can't you guys read???
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
it says Weeden to the BROWNS.

Can't you guys read???
It says the Brownies trade up to keep several teams (including the Niners) from taking him. Can't you read?
Closed Thread