Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who does Jacksonville take at #7? (if not listed, post who you think)
Riley Reiff 8 12.90%
Melvin Ingram 6 9.68%
Courtney Upshaw 4 6.45%
Ryan Tannehill 0 0%
David DeCastro 6 9.68%
Kendall Wright 14 22.58%
Stephen Hill 4 6.45%
Kirkpatrick, Floyd, or Coples (Smith changes his tune) 16 25.81%
a DT because it's BPA 2 3.23%
Someone else rises (please post who) 2 3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wright should be out of the question unless he runs a 4.3 at his Pro Day, I think his stock will drop into the 20's

The Jags will likely pick one of these players depending how the board falls: DE Quinton Coples, OT Riley Reiff, DE Melvin Ingram or if one of the top prospects some how fall they might look at one of them too. Blackmon and Richardson are the most likely from the top 6 to potentially fall a little in the draft. The Jags would love to get Blackmon at 7, and I think they would end up taking Trent Richardson at 7 if he's there and see what happens. If you can trade him for good value do it, if not keep him to pair with MJD and have a very strong running attack to help Gabbert.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:19 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coples. I'll be betting on Coples.

Then again, DeCastro makes sense for the Jaguars philosophy.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Wright should be out of the question unless he runs a 4.3 at his Pro Day, I think his stock will drop into the 20's
I like how Kendall Wright runs slow and people think his tape can be ignored, but Justin Blackmon doesn't run because he'll run slow and people just make excuses for him.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I like how Kendall Wright runs slow and people think his tape can be ignored, but Justin Blackmon doesn't run because he'll run slow and people just make excuses for him.
You may have a point, however, Blackmon has been an elite prospect for a few years now, and although yes Wright plays a lot faster, unfortunately 40 times are a big determining factor when coming to the NFL Combine. I just don't see how his stock would increase..and now people saying Wright is the 2nd best PROSPECT? PROSPECT wise I would say 4th.
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
That's a terrible position for Jacksonville at #7. Try like hell to trade back.
This

If the draft plays out like we're projecting it, trade back quick!! I don't like us reaching for a WR at #7

*watches Coples run a 4.72*

If we had to chose, get Coples
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I like Upshaw among the options. That's a tone-setter for the defense.
+1 Upshaw or even Ingram work.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Brockers...BPA
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any chance they trade up then?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

floyd.....
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are the WRs on the Jags? Maybe trade back, and go WR?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The jags in the past dont take guys with character issues
Old 02-27-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBrowns View Post
You may have a point, however, Blackmon has been an elite prospect for a few years now, and although yes Wright plays a lot faster, unfortunately 40 times are a big determining factor when coming to the NFL Combine. I just don't see how his stock would increase..and now people saying Wright is the 2nd best PROSPECT? PROSPECT wise I would say 4th.
I definitely doesn't help his stock but it doesn't hurt it as much as people are making out.

There is a difference between Kendall Wright running 4.6 when everytime you put on the tape he looks like one of the fastest guys on the field, and say if Blackmon had run 4.65/4.7.

If a guy looks like he may have issues with speed on tape and runs slow it confirms your opinion on him. If a guy looks like a burner and runs poorly you just have to rewatch the tape or wait until they run again.

Remember Joe Haden always looked like one of the fastest guys on the field and ran 4.57 at the combine. It didn't really hurt his stock.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags need WR, and Floyd is an elite talent WR that fans are giving his due. I've always been a Blackmon fan in college, but I really don't think he's ever going to be an elite WR in the NFL, he compares to a better Michael Crabtree to me. He's already shown the drama queen WR and has already shown the bonehead plays.

Blackmon is probably the safer pick than Floyd due to Floyds off the field issues, but if it was just the player without any off the filed issues i'd take Floyd in a heatbeat
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wont be surprised if they draft nick perry
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Coples not a single entity on the poll? He is there on every single mock draft almost.

Stephen Hill? Are we talking about their 2nd round pick b/c he's much more likely to be available in round 2 for them. No one in the top 20 will even think about taking Hill. You people kill me....Guy runs a 4.36 40 so he is a top 10 pick all of a sudden? Nevermind that he is a drop machine that has marginal college production.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Why is Coples not a single entity on the poll? He is there on every single mock draft almost.
agreed that Coples makes alot of sense for them. And he's an outstanding fit for their 4-3.

Since we are talking about it, what are his so called character concerns that would make Gene Smith veto that pick? his motor? it's not like he's on the police blotter.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't recall anything serious with Coples either. More work ethic issues than anything. Granted, he doesn't seem to fit the type of guy Gene Smith has taken in recent years, but I don't recall his character being a huge problem off-field.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default People Trying to be wrong on purpose?

A guard with the 7th pick? Lbs when they're loaded at lb? You don't take a lb at 7 anyway. A running back when you have the league leading rusher? wtf
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm disappointed nobody has made a random small school guy joke yet. That said I think they take Courtney Upshaw.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they either go Coples or trade back and get Floyd/Wright/Jeffery later in the 1st depending on how far back they move. Teams will want to move up ahead of Carolina to get a DT(Poe or Brockers?) or maybe move up ahead Miami or Buffalo to get a pass rusher or OT like Riley Reiff at 7.

Jets could make a move to 7 to get Poe, I saw Rex Ryan front row during the 44 bench reps and know he had to be impressed with the field drills and 40 time. Maybe Jerry Jones and the Cowboys potentially try to make a big move to counter the Redskins if they get RG3, that Dallas defense could use help all around on defense.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 02-27-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
That's why you don't run, and Blackmon's stock stayed steady while Wright has to be dropping on many boards. Wright will still be very good deep threat, but I think his 40 time shows teams he isn't worth the top 15 pick and probably will fall behind Michael Floyd as well.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 02-27-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I think they either go Coples or trade back and get Floyd/Wright/Jeffery later in the 1st depending on how far back they move. Teams will want to move up ahead of Carolina to get a DT(Poe or Brockers?) or maybe move up ahead Miami or Buffalo to get a pass rusher or OT like Riley Reiff at 7.

Jets could make a move to 7 to get Poe, I saw Rex Ryan front row during the 44 bench reps and know he had to be impressed with the field drills and 40 time. Maybe Jerry Jones and the Cowboys potentially try to make a big move to counter the Redskins if they get RG3, that Dallas defense could use help all around on defense.
With Gene Smith's aversion to character issues, I doubt the Jaguars go Floyd or Jeffery. Not sure they trade back either. It seems like if Jacksonville likes a guy, they will take him with their current pick, regardless of what his actual value might be.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think Perry might have a chance...

I didn't add Coples because he didn't show great football character (lack of effort at times/rumors of playing not to get injured this season/the whole UNC team quit). I'm not sure if Smith views those red flags as different from off-field ones (I could argue they are WORSE). Also, Coples' senior year tape doesn't scream 7th overall...

This one is a quagmire for me.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not getting the upshaw prediction at all?.... They have plenty of lbs! 2 of the best in the league in fact. They need a de,cb,wr. If they don't get williams in fa, then maybe coples...But people are saying around there that he reminds them of derrick harvey, so instant scratch.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well coples blows and will bust, so there's that. Wright disappointed with his 40 (not like that's super important, but still), blackmon probably won't be there and Dre' and Gilmore arent top 10 values.

2 of the best LB'ers in the league? Smith I give you...but who's the 2nd? Poz? yeah...ok, he's not even a top 20 lb'er.

Why would decastro not be a good pick? Because he's a guard? He's someone who would improve that OL drastically to start on day 1. Martin or Reiff would work too. I don't get the whole "he's a guard thing". Dude's the 2nd most talented guy in the draft and would open up more holes for MJD and be protection for Gabbert (not like it matters, but still)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote