Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-28-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Buckeyes QB next year

Who's it going to be?

Jim Tressel said that if there was a game today, it would be Todd Boeckman, but I haven't liked what I've seen with him, although I haven't seen him much.
Right now it looks like the options are:

Todd Boeckman, Junior
Rob Schoenhoft, RS Sophomore
Antonio Henton, RS Freshman

Thoughts?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

it will be boeckman

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard that Antonio is very explosive, but he may not yet be ready. I say Boeckman starts.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
CrackerJack465
Rookie

CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.

Probably Todd Boeckman

GO OSU!
(incoming freshmen)
Old 03-28-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boeckman .
Old 03-28-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boeckman!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be Todd and he will play well I think on our offense which we can pretty much go ahead and deem the "Chris Wells Offense." Beanie is gonna give Boeckman a hand and do Peterson like things for us (Wells afterall is just a bigger, more powerful, a tenth a second slower version of AD)
Old 03-28-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm fine with the Chris Wells offense. Anyone else think this team resembles the 2002 team? At least from a running based offense and a suffocating defense standpoint, it's very similar.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i think OSU is going to suprise a lot of people next year. they will have a nice looking defense, boeckman looks pretty good from what i have seen of him and i think beanie wells is going to break loose next year. they should finish in the top 8

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Battle is wide open.

Tressel has two options...

Put in Boekmann who is most ready now, and have a decent quarterback for two years.

Put in Henton who might need to learn on the fly a little bit, but has heisman upside, and 4 years left to play, not to mention the ability to keep the enemy off balance with the run.

It's hard to say. No matter who plays, they'll be able to rely on Chris Wells being the star of the offense, so we'll see. I wouldn't write anything down at this point.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Yeah, I'm fine with the Chris Wells offense. Anyone else think this team resembles the 2002 team? At least from a running based offense and a suffocating defense standpoint, it's very similar.
I'd put my money on Ohio State missing the 2008 National Championship game. They'll have enough trouble trying to win the Big Ten.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

True about the Big 10 but that's only because Michigan is stacked. I'd say 2 of the top 5 teams in the country will be from the Big 10 next year.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Also, watch out for Ray Small at WR. He's a Ted Ginn type and Ted Ginn's dad, who coached Troy Smith and Ted Ginn in High School, has said that Small was the best player he had ever coached.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the quote was 'best WR', but I'm not positive.
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Maybe..., but still that's saying quite a bit.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id say start Boeckman this year, and then see if anyone out performs him in camps that next summer

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't follow OSU, but generally, in these situations, it's the upper classman's job to lose. Henton has a ton of potential, but most coaches, especially conservative ones like Tressell, aren't willing to risk a season on a player who may or may not be ready.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Right now it's Boeckman, and I think he'll win it. What surprised me about the whole situation is how all three guys could be considered kinda old for their class, especially Boeckman.
These will be their ages when the season starts:
Boeckman=23yrs. JR(rs)
Shoenhoft=21yrs. SO(rs)
Henton=20yrs. FR(rs)

Boeckman would be 25 as a rookie in the NFL. The other 2 would be 24. This is just something that popped up while I was looking into this.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, they were held back a lot
Old 03-29-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver27 View Post
I'm pretty sure Ginn Sr. said most explosive.

Anyways, the easy money is Boeckman but whenever it starts, I'm excited for the Henton era.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver27 View Post
You're right, he said that Small was the best WR he has ever coached.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Damn, they were held back a lot
Yeah, they must've been. I was in shock when I read their ages.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think if OSU keeps the Spread offense in effect that Boeckman would be the starter for about 3 games then Tressel will put Henton in but what about Shohenhoft?

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail Browns View Post
You're right, he said that Small was the best WR he has ever coached.
he also said that Anthony Gonzalez was faster than his son... something tell is telling me that he simply wants to make his son prove something.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:58 AM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
he also said that Anthony Gonzalez was faster than his son... something tell is telling me that he simply wants to make his son prove something.
Good point, and it's definitely a possibility. Regardless of him making his son prove something, Ray Small is going to be a player to watch out for.