Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-28-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If the SKins sign Peyton Manning and give a big f@ck you to the Rams, the Browns will have them by the short hairs.

The Browns won't have to do more than swap their 4th for the Rams 2nd, and add their 22nd. That's it.

Instead of forcing the SKins to give up two #1s and five picks total for the 2nd overall pick, that get lowballed by Cleveland and St. Louis will have to deal with it.

Or, the Rams could keep the pick and take Kalil and let the Vikes upgrade over Ponder or trade out.

It's better for the Rams to make a deal before FA. If they wait the bid price for RGIII could dramatically fall.
Agreed. They need to try and seal a deal before FA. They don't want to risk losing the leverage they have now.

They also would be better served in opening up to trading with Seattle for RG3 if Cleveland and Washington get Manning and Flynn. Because if they can't cut a deal with Miami and take Khalil, Seattle could still get RG3...better to let them get him and get the package of picks that comes along with it then let them get him and not get those picks.

Hell, with FA still closed they should be open to talking to Seattle about a deal anyhow, and look to use them as further leverage against Cleveland, Washington and Miami.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In scenario A I think the pick has to be Claiborne.

In scenario B, the pick just might be brockers. A defensive tackle is a huge need for the rans. And dont forget about Michael Floyd, he was projected as a top 20 pick before the combine, this weekend only helped him.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
In scenario A I think the pick has to be Claiborne.

In scenario B, the pick just might be brockers. A defensive tackle is a huge need for the rans. .
I wonder if Brockers will still be the first DT selected, after his combine performance. Cox, Poe are rising, Brockers is falling.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
I wonder if Brockers will still be the first DT selected, after his combine performance. Cox, Poe are rising, Brockers is falling.
How is Brockers falling?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Poe may become a legit option for the Skins if they don't get RG3 and can't trade down/are unwilling to pull the trigger on Tannehill at 6.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very tough call at defensive tackle. Brockers' size gives him the potential to develop into a quality two-gap defensive end, but he's a very raw player and doesn't offer much in terms of a pass rush in a pass-happy league. Cox is the best pass rusher of the three and can be very disruptive shooting gaps, but his mental ability is a concern and he doesn't anchor well or hold up against double teams; his best projection is as a 4-3 under tackle who could maybe play some defensive end in three-man fronts on obvious passing downs. Dontari Poe's motor isn't always going, but he could realistically project as an under tackle or nose tackle in a 4-3, or a nose tackle or defensive end in a 3-4. Teams will have to determine whether Poe's combination of size, strength, and athleticism is more important than the fact that he just wasn't much of a difference-maker in college.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see it as much as Brockers FALLING as I do with Poe just blowing the roof off the place.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't see it as much as Brockers FALLING as I do with Poe just blowing the roof off the place.
I could see Cox, Poe, and Still all going ahead of Brockers, but I don't think there's any way Brockers falls out of the first entirely. I think the absolute lowest he could go is #28 to Green Bay.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Rams are targeting Blackmon, then Cleveland is RG111 likely destination because they can get him at #4.
Flynn and Peyton are likely to soak up 2 QB spots but at least 2 teams will battle for RG111.
I fully expect the price to be what San Diego got for Eli, nothing less and nothing more.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I could see Cox, Poe, and Still all going ahead of Brockers, but I don't think there's any way Brockers falls out of the first entirely. I think the absolute lowest he could go is #28 to Green Bay.
I still think Brockers goes before Still and Cox, but I also think that it'll be outside the Top 10. If a DT goes there, it will be Poe methinks.

I don't really see all the fuss behind Brockers. He's just really, really big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
How is Brockers falling?
Brockers has only 2 career sacks. He didn't show JPP type rare gifts. what's the appeal? He's big?

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brockers has only 2 career sacks. He didn't show JPP type rare gifts. what's the appeal? He's big?
I watched him carefully against Alabama and he dominated in stopping the run. He can collapse a pocket with the best of them and is a very hard target to move in the run game.

He is very young and just barely touching his upside with a ceiling that is through the roof. He was still eligible for 2 more years of college football and surprised everybody by declaring.

Comparing him to most of the DT's in the draft is awfully tough because he has played so little till this season but he will go top 10 because he has that kind of potential.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I watched him carefully against Alabama and he dominated in stopping the run. He can collapse a pocket with the best of them and is a very hard target to move in the run game.

He is very young and just barely touching his upside with a ceiling that is through the roof. He was still eligible for 2 more years of college football and surprised everybody by declaring.

Comparing him to most of the DT's in the draft is awfully tough because he has played so little till this season but he will go top 10 because he has that kind of potential.
-tied for last on the bench

-3rd worst 40 for a DL

-among the worst DL in vertical & broad jumps and short shuttle

So Brockers is a top 10 pick after a poor combine, yet Claiborne lost money all because he did not run a 4.3 ? Brockers is leaving the combine with red flags, Claiborne is not. If the draft happened tomorrow I'd bet Brockers does not go top 10. He still has time to improve his status and would be wise to redo everything at his pro day and look to improve his terrible combine showing.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
-tied for last on the bench

-3rd worst 40 for a DL

-among the worst DL in vertical & broad jumps and short shuttle

So Brockers is a top 10 pick after a poor combine, yet Claiborne lost money all because he did not run a 4.3 ? Brockers is leaving the combine with red flags, Claiborne is not. If the draft happened tomorrow I'd bet Brockers does not go top 10. He still has time to improve his status and would be wise to redo everything at his pro day and look to improve his terrible combine showing.
Brockers also had pretty much the same 10-yard split as Alameda Ta'amu, and Ta'amu is a pure nose tackle.

If you take Brocker high, it's pretty much solely on upside, and you're hoping that in addition to get stronger he'll also get more explosive, and work on those movement skills. He's not a good NFL player right now (I doubt you'll get much of anything out of him as a rookie) but you can make him into a good NFL player with solid coaching.

I think he's as much of a project as Poe though.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Brockers also had pretty much the same 10-yard split as Alameda Ta'amu, and Ta'amu is a pure nose tackle.

If you take Brocker high, it's pretty much solely on upside, and you're hoping that in addition to get stronger he'll also get more explosive, and work on those movement skills. He's not a good NFL player right now (I doubt you'll get much of anything out of him as a rookie) but you can make him into a good NFL player with solid coaching.

I think he's as much of a project as Poe though.
Poe has much better value and more upside. Not saying Brockers is a bust, but after the combine I just don't see how anyone can value him top 10. He really needs to improve himself at his pro day.

I think a lot of teams will see the flags on him...one year of tape + poor combine performance = risk. His upside isn't so great (it isn't terrible either) that the risk is worthy of a top 10 pick.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm only skimming through this, but I think the Rams options are a bit more limited than acknowledged, but from a different perspective. I think the Rams have enough needs that moving down to 6 isn't the worst thing. Assuming that your 2nd scenario's top 5 holds, they can address needs at

a) DT - Brockers or Poe could be worth it for them, to get that big body in there to free up their dynamic ends.

b) RB - Jackson is aging. The Colts once traded a young Peyton's RB in Faulk and landing a replacement in James. It's not the worst idea to get new treads, for lack of a better term.

c) OL - Reiff is probably fine at 6 to shore up their OL.

d) Trade again. It's being rumored that the top 10 could be active ... although those rumors pop up every year it seems, this year, there seems to be a different feel to the rumors.

Also, not sold that Blackmon and Claiborne are locks to be top 5. Not saying either kid is going to fall out, but I think the only top 5 locks are Kalil and the two QB's.
I think their options are limited from a time perspective. If teams start to address needs in FA, that might thin out the options for them, or make it harder to make an elite deal.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns just need to offer both 1sts and their 2nd and get this deal done.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
The Browns just need to offer both 1sts and their 2nd and get this deal done.
Only way I'd trade with the Browns is if they included a 2013 1st rounder instead of the #22 pick. Chances are they're going to be picking high again next year so I wouldn't settle for their second 1st rounder this year.

There's no doubt in my mind that Washington would offer us a healthy package for the #2 pick (obviously hinging on what happens with Manning and Flynn), so like I said I'd demand Cleveland's 1st in 2013 over #22 this year.
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would think that those who think Tannehill is a reach in the top 10 since he is mostly potential would feel the same way about Brockers, but the DT is getting the benefit of the doubt in many cases. I don't get.

I also don't get the talk that Blackmon is a top five pick, so maybe somebody can convince me of that as well.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote