Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post

1st: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
2nd: Bob Massie, OT, Mississippi
3rd: Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami (OH)
4th: Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, DT, Baylor
5th: T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International
6th: Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin
7th: Keith Tandy, CB, WVU
7th: David Paulson, TE, Oregon
7th: Miles Burris, OLB, San Diego State
Pretty sweet mock! Love the first three picks!!

I like Hilton and Tandy aswell, but would target Josh Chapman, Mike Martin, Trenton Robinson, Toney Robinson, Akiem Hicks, Lucas Nix etc over the other players you picked.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Burden I would love to see your mock happen (for the most part) but no way Massie and Brooks are available at those spots and we wouldn't neglect NT completely till that late
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe, Toney Clemons, Greg Childs(<3), Adrien Robinson, and Kelvin Beachum all visited yesterday.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 1

Cordy Glenn G georgia-Would love this pick, but don;t think he will be there

Dontari Poe DT Memphis-with most teams i wouldn't like it but i think this coaching staff can get the most of him

Luke Kuechly MLB BC-wouldn't like it, much better in the 4-3

Donta Hightower MLB bama-kinda indifferent i would understand the pick but just doesn't make enough impact plays for his talent level.

Mike Adams OT OSU-has alot of potential but scares the hell out of me, very inconsistent, not really a fan of him or Martin but i think i would take Adams over Martin

Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame-would be fine with it, although don;t think he will be there, might be the receiver or bust because of injuries

Mark Baron SS bama-again would be good with it but doubt he is there

Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech-raw but showed at the combine he can catch unlike some guys that run fast, I would trust the team to develop him, at worst he could be a red redzone nightmare

I'll add to your list...........

Coby Fleener TE-clearly best TE in the class, more dynamic than anything on the roster, Haley isn;t allergic to the TE like Arians.

Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama-could grab a Lamar Woodley type player for when Harrison completely falls off the cliff

Round 2)

Kenechi Osemele OG iowa st-though i would like him until I actually watched him vs Oklahoma, not good in pass protection, falling off blocks in the run game, offcourse he was playing tackle and not guard, alot of tools to work with but very raw.

Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss-Haven;t watched him yet, haven't found anything on you tube, seems to have all the tools

Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin-on my que to watch

Josh Chapman NT bama-haven't watched him yet

Brandon Brooks G Miami OH-has the same workout numbers as Cordy Glenn, health and conditioning issues give me pause, wish we could get him in the third

Alemeda Taamu NT Washington-would be a great pick in the second round

Mychal Kendricks MLB Cal-on my que to watch, versatile athletic kid, that can rush the passer and play middle LB

Brandon Boykin CB Georgia-simply a playmaker, can help in kick returns

Amini Silatolu G Midwestern State-would like it, but he has learning problems and has gotten in fights off the field, so I'm not sure how the steelers will view those things

Chase Minifield CB Virginia-might be a zone player only, I think he might fall to the 4th or 5th

round 3)

Brandon Washington G miami

Isaiah Pead RB Cincy-would love this pick

Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska-very stiff in the hips, might be a Safety, not a bad value pick in the third round

Lamichael James RB Oregon-not a bad pick, but i like Pead slightly better, James can't seem to stay healthy and fumbles the ball too much

Chris Polk RB Washington-just another guy to me, would like him better in the 4th round

Mitchell Schwartz OG Cal-really like this kid, had very good senior bowl, they have a clip of him vs Nick Perry I need to watch

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of believe that we will trade out of the first round especially if a QB falls or if our guy isn't there.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deathbystat....i made some comments to your comments

Round 1

realistically the best pick for us aside from decastro imo

Dontari Poe DT Memphis-with most teams i wouldn't like it but i think this coaching staff can get the most of him
i just think on the steelers defense he would steal the lunch money of every interior lineman in the AFC north

on paper i agree, but i do think hed be studly on our defense
Donta Hightower MLB bama-kinda indifferent i would understand the pick but just doesn't make enough impact plays for his talent level.

Mike Adams OT OSU-has alot of potential but scares the hell out of me, very inconsistent, not really a fan of him or Martin but i think i would take Adams over Martin
i cant describe how angry martin in the first would make me
Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame-would be fine with it, although don;t think he will be there, might be the receiver or bust because of injuries

replacement for clark or troy....i would kinda like it, i ALWAYS get what they want to do at safety wrong lately....this would make my life easier. I thought Crezdon, Warren, Lewis, and now Cortez....who the **** knows lol

Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech-raw but showed at the combine he can catch unlike some guys that run fast, I would trust the team to develop him, at worst he could be a red redzone nightmare
i think hes going to be studly

Coby Fleener TE-clearly best TE in the class, more dynamic than anything on the roster, Haley isn;t allergic to the TE like Arians.
i wouldnt mind i just cant justify it enough to actually pull the trigger
Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama-could grab a Lamar Woodley type player for when Harrison completely falls off the cliff

Round 2)

Kenechi Osemele OG iowa st-though i would like him until I actually watched him vs Oklahoma, not good in pass protection, falling off blocks in the run game, offcourse he was playing tackle and not guard, alot of tools to work with but very raw.
would be a monster guard, who could play T someday

Amini Silatolu G Midwestern State-would like it, but he has learning problems and has gotten in fights off the field, so I'm not sure how the steelers will view those things
Kemoeatu, Harrison....both dumb as rocks with temper issues
Chase Minifield CB Virginia-might be a zone player only, I think he might fall to the 4th or 5th

Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska-very stiff in the hips, might be a Safety, not a bad value pick in the third round
i think hes a rich mans willie ***. Very physical, very strong, would play in the slot and jam the **** out of guys like welker

Chris Polk RB Washington-just another guy to me, would like him better in the 4th round
i think polk compares favorably to matt forte

Mitchell Schwartz OG Cal-really like this kid, had very good senior bowl, they have a clip of him vs Nick Perry I need to watch
im liking him more and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yeah, Schwartz is awesome. Wouldn't mind taking him in the second. He's a pure RT, though.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I kind of believe that we will trade out of the first round especially if a QB falls or if our guy isn't there.
i wouldnt mind trading out... what would be some realistic scenarios though?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting read on PFT, though i do hate that site, about how the 49ers know who they will pick at 30... claiming they know this person will be there...

thats gotta be silatolu right?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Adams failed his drug test at the combine for smoking marijuana. All I have to say to this is...

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Now we will not take him and some other team can get that big soft ogre. As an aside, as someone who seems him out at bars downtown in Columbus regularly this is not surprising news at all.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Yeah, Schwartz is awesome. Wouldn't mind taking him in the second. He's a pure RT, though.
i like him as our RG personally

Is chris scott anyone to think of as competition for anyone? i really know nothing about him. If i had to pick a steeler i could say i knew the least about it would be him. is he just gonna be one of those linemen we keep around way to long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
Mike Adams failed his drug test at the combine for smoking marijuana. All I have to say to this is...

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Now we will not take him and some other team can get that big soft ogre. As an aside, as someone who seems him out at bars downtown in Columbus regularly this is not surprising news at all.
oh you see him at bars? wow its almost like hes a 22 year old man or something.

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure he is talking about his behavior.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
oh you see him at bars? wow its almost like hes a 22 year old man or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I'm sure he is talking about his behavior.
^ this.

They all go to bars but as we all know it's pretty easy to tell who is doing other types of partying.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Deathbystat....i made some comments to your comments

Round 1

realistically the best pick for us aside from decastro imo

i just think on the steelers defense he would steal the lunch money of every interior lineman in the AFC north

on paper i agree, but i do think hed be studly on our defense

i cant describe how angry martin in the first would make me

replacement for clark or troy....i would kinda like it, i ALWAYS get what they want to do at safety wrong lately....this would make my life easier. I thought Crezdon, Warren, Lewis, and now Cortez....who the **** knows lol

i think hes going to be studly

i wouldnt mind i just cant justify it enough to actually pull the trigger

Round 2)

would be a monster guard, who could play T someday

Kemoeatu, Harrison....both dumb as rocks with temper issues

i think hes a rich mans willie ***. Very physical, very strong, would play in the slot and jam the **** out of guys like welker

i think polk compares favorably to matt forte

im liking him more and more

I think we are pretty much on the same page, except for Polk, and we both have the Martin and Worthy hate~!

I think the team (right or wrong) is more sold on the defensive backs and offensive tackles on the roster.

Mike Tirico

Old 04-19-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i dont want to go through the pain i endured in 09 with evander hood (and pretty much everyone else drafted...ESPCIALLY urbik, summers and shipley lol)

but worthy and martin would cause similar emotions. im preparing for the worst though

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

You really think Polk compares favorable to Forte? Forte is a top 5 back in the NFL imo.

I like Polk too but I think to say he's on that type of level is taking it too far.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yes, I believe Chris Scott has potential, but needs to put it all together and stay uninjured. Also, that is why I don't want Adams and would rank Martin above him. You can't trust Adams, but at least I know Martin won't be that shady and can be trusted even if he "sucks".
Old 04-19-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Adams tested positive for weed during the combine. Question is whether or not he lied about it. The reports are saying the players don't know about positive results until after the combine. He could slip slide his way out of the first.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If for some inexplicable reason Courtney Upshaw falls in the second, ala LaMarr Woodley, would you guys take him?

I wouldn't even think twice.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Absolutely id take him. I definitely do not see it happening though. I read the bengals like him at 21 so he might not even be on the board for our FIRST pick.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
Absolutely id take him. I definitely do not see it happening though. I read the bengals like him at 21 so he might not even be on the board for our FIRST pick.
Yeah, I also don't see it happening, but there's been an increasing number of reports about him sliding, and with the draft you ultimately just don't know.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

One stop shopping......

If you want to check out the tackles

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/d...ensive-tackles

good stuff

Mike Tirico

Old 04-19-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
If for some inexplicable reason Courtney Upshaw falls in the second, ala LaMarr Woodley, would you guys take him?

I wouldn't even think twice.
I would take him, I see him as a 3-4 LB all the way

Does anyone know what his Kirwan explosion index is?

Would Like to compare it to Woodleys

Mike Tirico

Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I kind of want to trade down for Massie. I watched his film against Bama and LSU and he played very well IMO.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
One stop shopping......

If you want to check out the tackles

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/d...ensive-tackles

good stuff
Good find!

Guards and centers on there too!