Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Amini Silatolu G Midwestern State
2) Mychal Kendricks LB California
3) Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati
4) Michael Egnew TE Missouri
5) Ronnie Hillman RB San Diego State
6) Keith Tandy CB West Virginia
7a) Toney Clemons WR Colorado
7b) Jerrell Harris OLB Alabama
7c) John Hughes NT Cincinnati
7d) Jeremy Jones S Wayne State
Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won't be drafting Chapman.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is the contest going to be up again?

As I remember it was 1 point for the right player, additional 1 point for the correct round.

Should be interesting because a lot of the mocks I see people throwing up on this thread have us taking guys long after they will actually be gone.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post

As I remember it was 1 point for the right player, additional 1 point for the correct round.

Should be interesting because a lot of the mocks I see people throwing up on this thread have us taking guys long after they will actually be gone.
Yeah, we can have that contest again. Everyone make sure your final mocks are up by tomorrow at 8 and I'll keep track.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

thats said every year...guys fall though.

last year i had brown and gilbert switched in the rounds, i also had dwyer mocked to us the year before just in the 3rd round
Old 04-25-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good deal. Who knows... I may even mock Mike Adams to us... right where he belongs, in the 4th round hahah
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Anybody know of a comprehensive (or at least best guess) list of prospects we have brought in?

I know we normally use all 30 visits. Some teams don't (Bengals lol).
Old 04-25-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IS THERE ANY MOCK WHERE WE DONT TAKE HIGHTOWER???????

its not gonna happen, i dont want to see this anymore

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anybody know of a comprehensive (or at least best guess) list of prospects we have brought in?

I know we normally use all 30 visits. Some teams don't (Bengals lol).
steelersdepot usually
Old 04-25-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in addition to doing a mock, i think we should all do our steelers big boards...

so basically whoever is left and is highest rated on our boards whe nthe steelers come to pick should technically be the pick... assuming we are the steelers and we're taking BPA (which seems to be the consensus)

quick example.
richardson - gone
floyd - gone
decastro - still available, - will be our pick.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so lets say decastro falls to like 18...we trade our 1st and 3rd to move up and grab him ...that's 900 points both on the trade value chart

and lets say Zeitler falls to 46 ...we trade our 2nd , 4th, 5th, 6th and grab him ... there both 440 points on the value ...

we trade all of our picks but for 7th rounders ... but now our Oline goes from a weakness and turns into a strength ...with 2 day 1 starters

lol i wouldn't be mad ... but i know it will never happen

that's Decastro as LG and Zeitler as the RG
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
so lets say decastro falls to like 18...we trade our 1st and 3rd to move up and grab him ...that's 900 points both on the trade value chart

and lets say Zeitler falls to 46 ...we trade our 2nd , 4th, 5th, 6th and grab him ... there both 440 points on the value ...

we trade all of our picks but for 7th rounders ... but now our Oline goes from a weakness and turns into a strength ...with 2 day 1 starters

lol i wouldn't be mad ... but i know it will never happen

that's Decastro as LG and Zeitler as the RG
I'd have no problem trading up for DeCastro, in fact I'd prefer it. But trading up for Zeitler, meh. I'd rather stay put and see who falls, maybe take Brandon Brooks or someone else. If we were trading up again, I'd rather it be Amini Silatolu.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wouldn't mind trading down in the first round, acquiring another pick, and then taking Zietler.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate the idea of trading down....quality over quantity needs to be the theme this year, theres not THAT many roster spots open and only a few needs and a few issues of depth
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

If we trade down in the first I'd rather take Massie over Zeitler, but I am reading from a lot of Pittsburgh beat writers that Zeitler could be the pick at 24 anyway.

Trade up for DeCastro - I LOVE it and I am all about it. But - I think we would have to move all the way up to 16 though. If he gets to 18 he's a perfect fit for the Chargers. At 17 he's a nice fit for the Bengals, I don't see them trading with us plus they don't normally move around in the draft. This means we'd have to move up to 16 with the Jets - possible if Barron is gone (likely) AND they like one of the pass rushers and think he will be available at 24. Maybe our 1st/3rd/6th would get it done here.

I am still partial to sticking at 24 and taking Coby Fleener, though I know this is unlikely.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

id prefer fleener over zeitler tbh

im up and down on massie....although it could be amazing long term with gilbert. I just think guard is a much bigger need. if we can get evern moderately good guards next to pouncey the tackles would look like all pros
Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Remember to have all your final mocks posted before 8 PM. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

arguably scotts worst mock

Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

our round 1 big board:

Kalil
Richardson
Claiborn
Barron
Kuechly
Blackmon
Gilmore
Reiff
Ingram
Floyd
DeCastro
Poe
Upshaw
Mercilus
Jones
Glenn
Kirkpatrick
Cox
Brockers
Zietler
Perry
Hightower
Fleener
Curry
Konz
Hill
Smith (H.)

Old 04-26-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

When we trade down, I want it to be for a first next year.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

My final mock:

1) Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama
2) Brandon Brooks G Miami(OH)
3) Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati
4) Michael Egnew TE Missouri
5) Ronnie Hillman RB San Diego State
6) Keith Tandy CB West Virginia
7a) Toney Clemons WR Colorado
7b) Jerrell Harris OLB Alabama
7c) John Hughes NT Cincinnati
7d) Jeremy Jones S Wayne State
Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

1)C. Upshaw
2)B. Brooks
3)M. Martin
4)J. Michael-Johnson
5)T. Robinson
6)K. Tady
7)T. Clemons
7)A. Davis
7)C. Ford
7)J. Jones

Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
2. OG Brandon Brooks, Miami (OH)
3. RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
4. TE Ladarius Green, Louisiana-Lafayette
5. QB Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
6. NT Hebron Fangupo, BYU
7. S Jeremy Jones, Wayne State
7. FB Chad Diehl, Clemson
7. WR Toney Clemons, Colorado
7. K Carson Wiggs, Purdue

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Final Mock

1. Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
2. Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami (OH)
3. TY Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International
4. Nick Jean-Baptiste, DT/NT, Baylor
5. Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State
6. Joe Long, OT, Wayne State
7. Bobby Rainey, HB, Western Kentucky
7. Cordarro Law, OLB, Southern Miss
7. Ryan Van Bergen, DE, Michigan
7. Derek Moye, WR, Penn State
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Here's my final mock:

(why even watch when you know this is what's going to happen, lol)

1) Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
2) Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (Fl)
3) James Michael Johnson, ILB, Utah St
4) Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU
5) Keith Tandy, CB, WVU
6) Olivier Vernon, OLB, Miami (Fl)
7) Toney Clemons, WR, Colorado
7) Ryan Van Bergen, DE, Michigan
7) Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincinnati
7) Jerrel Harris, OLB, Bama