Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Decastro next to Pouncey is so ******* sexy to me. I have a boner.
Yeah our interior line automatically becomes a strength again.
Phillysteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is awesome for us right now.

Still available:

- Courtney Upshaw
- Cordy Glenn
- David Wilson
- Lamar Miller
- Doug Martin
- Peter Konz
- Stephen Hill
- Amini Silatolu
- Bobby Massie
- Coby Fleener
- Alameda Ta'amu
- Mike Adams
- Andre Branch
- Mychal Kendricks
- Devon Still
- Jerel Worthy

I would not only not have a problem with any of those guys, I would actually like them as picks. This is a fantastic situation for us right now.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, scratch off Doug Martin. Still a good list though. Someone is bound to fall to us.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
This is awesome for us right now.

Still available:

- Courtney Upshaw
- Cordy Glenn
- David Wilson
- Lamar Miller
- Doug Martin
- Peter Konz
- Stephen Hill
- Amini Silatolu
- Bobby Massie
- Coby Fleener
- Alameda Ta'amu
- Mike Adams
- Andre Branch
- Mychal Kendricks
- Devon Still
- Jerel Worthy

I would not only not have a problem with any of those guys, I would actually like them as picks. This is a fantastic situation for us right now.
I'd be fine with all of them. We just need 9 teams (since Doug Martin went) to take someone besides them, and we're golden. In a perfect situation for me, we get Alameda Ta'amu or Cordy Glenn/Brandon Brooks (who wasn't on your list), with Pead in the third.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillysteeler View Post
I'd be fine with all of them. We just need 9 teams (since Doug Martin went) to take someone besides them, and we're golden. In a perfect situation for me, we get Alameda Ta'amu or Cordy Glenn/Brandon Brooks (who wasn't on your list), with Pead in the third.
Oh snap, I forgot about Brooks. Add him to the list.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Quote:
Oh snap, I forgot about Brooks. Add him to the list.
There is also Jenoris Jenkins, but I doubt we take him with his character conerns.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man i really wanted zeitler

SIKE OMG so hammeredly happy drunk right now this **** is cray

thats right, cray

i couldnt believe it. im so happy. for a guard.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man I am still on a high about that pick. I haven't felt this great about a pick of ours since Santonio Holmes. Completely ecstatic. Add a guy like Glenn or Massie second round and our o-line could actually be a STRENGTH(!) next year.

Once the Bengals took Kirkpatrick at 17 (knew they would take that criminal) I started shotgunning a beer before every pick to help DeCastro fall...and it WORKED!

So you can thank me for that hahahah
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, i loved reading the last 3 pages leading up to the decastro pick... pretty epic lol

Old 04-26-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
For the love of God don't pass on DeCastro. I'll do a Yes chant down federal street if we get him.
Can we get a video of this?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
also, i loved reading the last 3 pages leading up to the decastro pick... pretty epic lol
Hahah, yeah, you can see the excitement building, and then the great culmination of it all!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yeah i was sitting there with my friends, i picked out one and told him i would punch him in the face if the steelers didnt pick decastro

i would like to think he was scared.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man and look at who is still on the board. This is a DEEP draft as far as solid players go.

This is my own personal big board for us tomorrow:

1 - Coby Fleener
2 - Bobby Massie
3 - Cordy Glenn
4 - Stephen Hill
5 - Lamar Miller
6 - Courtney Upshaw
7 - Jonathan Martin
8 - Jerel Worthy
9 - Alameda Ta'Amu
10 - Courtney Upshaw
11 - Mychal Kendricks
12 - LaMichael James
13 - Peter Konz
14 - Kelechi Osemele
15 - Alshon Jeffery
16 - Reuben Randle
17 - Brandon Brooks
18 - Amini Silatolu
19 - Andre Branch
20 - Devon Still
20a - Vinny Curry

Add in some guys like Lavonte David, Zach Brown, Janoris Jenkins and Mike Adams, plus potentially a couple QB's like Cousins and Osweiler, that I don't see us taking for various reasons but should go in front of us. And we will like have our CHOICE of a handful of players on this list. Man, this could be an incredible draft.

Would LOOOVE to see us trade up for Fleener but I don't see it happening. I think we really like Kendricks too but I could really see ATL scooping him up right in front of us.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

im so excited im planning on leaving work early tomm, i work 2 - 1045, i cant wait

Old 04-26-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No-mock
No-where
No-way
No-how
No-body......had this happening!!!!!!!

Fanfreakingtastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broke out the Jameson & ain't quittin til the bottle's gone

First meeting tomorrow morning is gonna suck nutz.......oh well!!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of 1st round talent slid into the second. Pittsburgh could end up with another great player in the 2nd. I'd be fine with Kendricks or even going back into the OLine well again. Even at guard. Make OLine a strength. They need to go back there at least one more time in this draft, maybe two. If someone like Martin, Allen, Massie, or even Adams dropped to them in the second, I would take them. A potential OLine of Gilbert - Colon - Pouncey - DeCastro - Massie would be pretty stout.

Still can't believe they got DeCastro.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
Broke out the Jameson & ain't quittin til the bottle's gone

First meeting tomorrow morning is gonna suck nutz.......oh well!!
yup!!! tonight we celebrate

Old 04-27-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
A lot of 1st round talent slid into the second. Pittsburgh could end up with another great player in the 2nd. I'd be fine with Kendricks or even going back into the OLine well again. Even at guard. Make OLine a strength. They need to go back there at least one more time in this draft, maybe two. If someone like Martin, Allen, Massie, or even Adams dropped to them in the second, I would take them. A potential OLine of Gilbert - Colon - Pouncey - DeCastro - Massie would be pretty stout.

Still can't believe they got DeCastro.
I think right now DeCastro will play at LG, with Foster being the RG.

In any case, our O-line now has two first rounders and one second rounder, possibly more tomorrow. Nice to see the time finally invest some picks on it.

So excited about this. Three possible stalwarts, all 23 or younger.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:

In any case, our O-line now has two first rounders and one second rounder, possibly more tomorrow. Nice to see the time finally invest some picks on it.

yeah buddy! lets all drink to decastro!

Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Quote:

Tomlin said he'll start at RG - but that's always subject to change - Pouncey was supposed to start at G
Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Also - that first glass of Jameson went down waaay to easy - could be a problem soon...
Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Almost as easy as sitting back & getting the top rated OG in the draft.....nice
Old 04-27-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i like what u did there

Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Thank you

Now it's time to completely re-evaluate the 2nd rd.......should be another batch of crazy