Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Glenn was a dominator at guard for Georgia prior to this season. Even if he is a RT then we move Colon to LG
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
Glenn was a dominator at guard for Georgia prior to this season. Even if he is a RT then we move Colon to LG
Glenn's versatility is what I like about him. We have needs at the guard position and at RT (Colon is NOT the answer) and he would fit the bill at each spot. Maybe he slides to us again? I'm thinking his weight scares people off. Glenn - Pouncey - DeCastro is frightening inside, and if Glenn is moved to RT, our Oline is frightening. Gilbert - Colon - Pouncey - DeCastro - Glenn. That's boss right there. There is so much talent that slid into the second round. There's a legit possibility someone with a 1st round grade could slide to us in the second. Legit excited for the prospects of tonight's 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great first round pick. Got like top 10-15 talent at 24. I was finding it hard to believe teams would draft a G that high. But a few reach picks let him fall to us.

We just gotta keep hitting, tonight I think we grab a speed back and NT from Washington Almuda, we need him and he is a beast.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alameda Ta'amu in the 2nd and someone like Pead in the 3rd would be great selections. However, if someone like Glenn, Martin, Adams, or Massie fall to us in the 2nd, or become in the range where we can trade up to get them, I think Pittsburgh will. It wasn't costing much to move up in the first round, so it would presumably be even less to do so in the second. In that scenario, grabbing another OT/OG in the 2nd and picking up a speed back or DT in the 3rd (Fangupu? NJB?), or even possibly a slot WR/KR type (Hilton?) would be great value there.

Last edited by Burden : 04-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
Glenn's versatility is what I like about him. We have needs at the guard position and at RT (Colon is NOT the answer) and he would fit the bill at each spot. Maybe he slides to us again? I'm thinking his weight scares people off. Glenn - Pouncey - DeCastro is frightening inside, and if Glenn is moved to RT, our Oline is frightening. Gilbert - Colon - Pouncey - DeCastro - Glenn. That's boss right there. There is so much talent that slid into the second round. There's a legit possibility someone with a 1st round grade could slide to us in the second. Legit excited for the prospects of tonight's 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Completely agree that Colon is not the answer at RT. Really with his penchant for injuries I do not count on him as the answer anywhere.

I know everyone on this board loves Pead, and I agree he's a solid back. However when it comes down to it I would MUCH prefer to go with LaMichael James. James has a gear that Pead does not and is a much bigger home run threat. Is James a pound it out, 25 carry a game back? No, and he never will be. But how many backs get 20 carries a game these days? Not many at all, and I think James would add a little more explosion to the offense than Pead.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
the_lung
Rookie

the_lung hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Talking

After DeCastro, the Steelers could draft Vontaze Burflict with every remaining pick and I would still give this draft class an A+
the_lung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
Completely agree that Colon is not the answer at RT. Really with his penchant for injuries I do not count on him as the answer anywhere.

I know everyone on this board loves Pead, and I agree he's a solid back. However when it comes down to it I would MUCH prefer to go with LaMichael James. James has a gear that Pead does not and is a much bigger home run threat. Is James a pound it out, 25 carry a game back? No, and he never will be. But how many backs get 20 carries a game these days? Not many at all, and I think James would add a little more explosion to the offense than Pead.
This year's gonna be a make it or break it for Colon. He was very durable during his first years and has done absolutely nothing the past two. He was solid before he suffering the first big injury.

LaMichael James actually reminds me of Willie Parker. Small, explosive RBs who can take it to the house. Pead is more of a good third-down back, which is technically what we need, but I'd have no problem with either of them.

I'd still like to take another offensive lineman though, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully another good player falls.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lung View Post
After DeCastro, the Steelers could draft Vontaze Burflict with every remaining pick and I would still give this draft class an A+
DeCastro alone gets this draft an A+.

If we also drafted Burfict with a late pick, I'd like it even more. I know he absolutely destroyed his stock during the off-season, but I'm still intrigued by him. Maybe in the sixth or seventh, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone took him in the fifth. All it takes is one team who likes him.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please no running back in the second , unless it's Lamar Miller ...

much better players at needs will be available
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Well there goes Upshaw. Keep falling, O-linemen!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew the ravens would take upshaw. Its going to suck playing him 2-3 times a year

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Cordy Glenn has left NY and flown back to Georgia, it appears. Guess he couldn't take the pressure or something.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upshaw = Slower Woodley.

Still a good player, but no where near as explosive.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Updated

- Courtney Upshaw
- Cordy Glenn
- David Wilson
- Lamar Miller
- Doug Martin
- Peter Konz
- Stephen Hill
- Amini Silatolu
- Bobby Massie
- Coby Fleener
- Alameda Ta'amu
- Mike Adams
- Andre Branch
- Mychal Kendricks
- Devon Still
- Jerel Worthy
- Brandon Brooks

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 04-27-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Damn, there goes Silatolu.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Silatolu and Cordy Glenn gone.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Did Buffalo choose Glenn?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Yes Glenn to BUF
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Martin gone, Hill gone, Allen gone

Massie, Adams, Ta'amu still there.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Adams in the 2nd?

Next year...

Adams - Decastro - Pouncey - Colon - Gilbert

shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Philly.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

There goes Kendricks
Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Bah, Kendricks is gone. Not sure I want an ILB here now.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DOH!!!!!!!!
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :(