Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Adams at worst is Max Starks. At best, he can be one of the best tackles in the league.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think i picked that right in my mock ... :)

so close with Glenn too if Decastro didn't fall
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe they trade up for Ta'amu.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I think Adams at worst is Max Starks. At best, he can be one of the best tackles in the league.
At best Max Starks. At worst Jonathan Scott.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
Maybe they trade up for Ta'amu.
Hopefully. Or Brandon Brooks, haha, just finish rebuilding everything.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
At best Max Starks. At worst Jonathan Scott.
I think he'll only be Max Starks if he does nothing and lets himself go. He's not as fat, and is much more athletic.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Congrats to K-Train for picking this pick correctly. I know he's happy. So far, he's in the lead.
i cant be stopped.

last year 3 for the first 3

this year i had decastro as my only dream pick and was preaching a trade up and had adams as the second rounder as soon as he failed the drug test. so ******* happy. this oline will be among the elite
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Ta'amu doesn't fall to us I'd still be happy with Chapman in the 3rd
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Update to my big board from beginning round 2:

1 - Coby Fleener

2 - Bobby Massie
3 - Cordy Glenn
4 - Stephen Hill

5 - Lamar Miller
6 - Courtney Upshaw
7 - Jonathan Martin
8 - Jerel Worthy

9 - Alameda Ta'Amu
10 - Courtney Upshaw
11 - Mychal Kendricks

12 - LaMichael James
13 - Peter Konz
14 - Kelechi Osemele
15 - Alshon Jeffery
16 - Reuben Randle
17 - Brandon Brooks
18 - Amini Silatolu
19 - Andre Branch
20 - Devon Still

20a - Vinny Curry

Hoping Miller or LaMichael fall. But I think we go D now after O first two rounds. Maybe Ta'Amu falls, but I doubt it. Pick will prob be Mike Martin?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I think he'll only be Max Starks if he does nothing and lets himself go. He's not as fat, and is much more athletic.
He is not much more athletic than Starks. As Sean Kugler just said - his problem in pass blocking will be SPEED.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so it's only taking a 5th to trade up ... trade up and get Ta'amu
Old 04-27-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes soooooo much more athletic.....and his feet are great for pass blocking. im sorry he ****** your mom or your girlfriend but hes an awesome pick here
Old 04-27-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
hes soooooo much more athletic.....and his feet are great for pass blocking. im sorry he ****** your mom or your girlfriend but hes an awesome pick here
Well our own o-line coach disagrees with you and so does tape of every game he played against a premier pass rusher.

I am a Buckeye fan I have literally watched every single snap he has played in college and over 60% of them live. The guy doesn't block NFL type players in pass pro and is not a mauler (outside of one game vs. NEB).

And none of the girls I hang out with are into 330 pound fat slobs so I don't know what you're talking about. The way you gush about him at every opportunity it seems like you are though, so maybe you can catch him in an off night in Latrobe this summer.

Last edited by DeeboHarrison : 04-27-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As an OSU fan I did not want Adams, and I don't think he'll be good. I've seen a lot and I've never really been impressed. Hope I'm wrong, definitely can't blame them for taking a line man.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

oh i know your totally a buckeye expert...we all know jj wat had a sack against someone else but adams is so at fault....oh and kerrigan might have got past him last year....damn him for not being perfect.

kugler will make him great, hes got everything to work with. dont be butt hurt cause i was right....it must hurt i understand that
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

I would love Ronell Lewis or Nigel Bradham in the 3rd
Old 04-27-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
As an OSU fan I did not want Adams, and I don't think he'll be good. I've seen a lot and I've never really been impressed. Hope I'm wrong, definitely can't blame them for taking a line man.
^THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PREACH Smooth Criminal! PREACH!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
oh i know your totally a buckeye expert...we all know jj wat had a sack against someone else but adams is so at fault....oh and kerrigan might have got past him last year....damn him for not being perfect.

kugler will make him great, hes got everything to work with. dont be butt hurt cause i was right....it must hurt i understand that
1st off: JJ Watt had his way with Adams on multiple plays. Watt switched sides with regularity in wiscy's D. Fact is JB Shugarts on the other side of our oline the last few years was a colossal bust. Also check out the Penn State games last few years.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mike Adams is pure potential right now. No, he wasn't dominant in college, but that could change. It's going to be about making him stronger and getting his head in the game.

He is not the same type of prospect as DeCastro, who's floor is already very high. Adams does have a low floor, but a very high ceiling too. He is much more of a developmental prospect, but I have no issue with that. Few tackles have the physical tools he does, so in my opinion he is well worth the risk.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Ktrain - I really don't know what you were right about and I was wrong about here?

I think he's going to be a bust (I hope I'm wrong)
You think he's going to be a stud

He's going to need to get A LOT quicker with his feet to handle speed rusher and he's going to have to find a nasty streak in the run game. He has great size but right now that's his only above average trait.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man Anger was taken I had him to the Steelers in the 6th.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

look at these Punters Suan Powell from Flordia state ... or Marquette King ... there both just as good as anger if not better
Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

i would love Brandon Thompson here in the 3rd too
Old 04-27-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

What if Massie is there in the 3rd?

o_0

If Lamar Miller is there, I say take him. Too good to pass up, IMO, especially considering the Mendenhall situation.

Also consider Chapman, Ta'Amu, or an ILB.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think Ta'amu might actually fall to us
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote