Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Tell me more about Allen. Am I going to like him?
You mean Lewis?

He's a good #2, not a physical specimen or lockdown corner by any means but he gets the job done. Some say he's kind of a slow learner, which would explain why he only really played well this year, so who knows how quickly he'll pick up the system in NO. Only one career INT, but IMO he plays the ball well, and he'll have more INTs.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Tell me more about Allen. Am I going to like him?
More than any of your other corners.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why dont you like austin or cyprien??

im not overly happy with austin since he already have two smaller recievers but i think he'll be a heckua player in the league

i wouldnt love cyprien at 17 - and hardly one in the first with all the solid safety prospects - but the dude can play

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
More than any of your other corners.
Terrible Towel said the same thing when I facebook messaged him, LOL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Harrison's market continues to be completely dead then I'd be all for bringing him back at a discounted rate. I usually hate signing players to have them come back with their tail between their legs (bruised ego due to FA or something), but we could still use him.

Also, Gerry Dulac says we're not really interested in Bradshaw.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
why dont you like austin or cyprien??

im not overly happy with austin since he already have two smaller recievers but i think he'll be a heckua player in the league

i wouldnt love cyprien at 17 - and hardly one in the first with all the solid safety prospects - but the dude can play
we dont need a box safety like cyprien. I would like elam who could play the nickel or amerson who is the converted corner, but with his ball skills and hitting ability hes proved time and time again he plays better with the ball in front of him despite his awesome size and speed...i think hed be a hell of a FS

Austin is just not what we need, i think hes a little freakin beast but hes just not the kind of player we need out wide, id take dennard robinson in 3 over austin in 1 all day
Old 03-18-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to really want Arthur Brown. Three down LBs don't come around often, especially with the talent of Brown. He and Timmons would be nasty.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes you wonder if the team has any real interest in a veteran back at this point. All the rumors have been denied pretty much. Might be looking more towards the draft for some fresh legs.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need to start dropping over paid vets on the team. They are holding us back from keeping our own guys and making plays in FA.

Foote, Keisel, hate to say it Troy...makes you wonder where all of our money is tied up into. Ben and Woodley and Timmons?

We don't have young talent ready to be starters, yet we don't have as many bloated vet deals, who do nothing.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

arthur brown reminds me of sean weatherspoon the way he plays in traffic, hes a little bit smaller but he is brilliant at chasing down a ball carrier and getting through blockers
Old 03-18-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers got an extra 6th rounder for Willie Gai. Definitely a round higher than I thought they'd get

I have this sneaking suspicion they won't sign a vet HB until after the draft. And I have a feeling that guy is going to be Michael Turner.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
Steelers got an extra 6th rounder for Willie Gai. Definitely a round higher than I thought they'd get

I have this sneaking suspicion they won't sign a vet HB until after the draft. And I have a feeling that guy is going to be Michael Turner.
NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post

Sixth, that's solid for Willie Gai.

As for Turner, I'm in the same boat as bhaarat, no way. Dwyer 0.5 haha

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i wouldnt have a problem with turner at all...he may have one final surge in his legs. Not gonna be a workhorse but better than the bums we have now
Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I wanted turner when he was a charger. Not really interested now.

Nothing is more important for this team than finding a pass rush. Since we're not gonna get a big time rusher in FA most likely, it's either Woodley plays well again, the draft, or Worilds.

I'd be working my hardest to get Dumervil on the team.

Getting a sixth for letting Gai not be on the team one year is a nice bonus.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 03-18-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I wanted turner when he was a charger. Not really interested now.

Nothing is more important for this team than finding a pass rush. Since we're not gonna get a big time rusher in FA most likely, it's either Woodley plays well again, the draft, or Worilds.

I'd be working my hardest to get Dumervil on the team.
I'm pretty sure we're drafting a pass-rusher within the first two rounds, hopefully in the first.

Jones, Ansah, Jordan, Mingo, Moore, Okafor, Lemonier, the FSU guys, most of them could go in the first two rounds, hopefully one to us.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Gotta say something has been off with our drafting the last few years.

Mendy is out.
Sweed, Davis, Hillis, all poo. Somehow Mundy stuck around

Hood doesn't look like he is goign to be around.
Wallace was good, left because of $,
Lewis took a while and I'm still not sure on him.
Burnett blew

Pouncey is a keeper, lets hope he stays healthy all season and then signs a contract.
Worilds meh
Sanders is avg.
Gibson, Scott, Butler all terrible.
Sylvester, I wanted him so badly to win the starting spot, but he is just a ST player
Dwyer below avg.
Brown!!!!!

2011 draft class, well this is the year for them to shine.
Heyward, Gilbert, Brown and Allen can either play S?

At least for OLb we have a nice rotation my Temple boy Robinson, Worilds, Carter,...I feel like I am forgetting someone.

Just need to hit on draft picks more often. Looks like our trend is coming back.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

didnt mundy sign with the giants?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I don't know. but just speaking generally he stuck around longer than those guys. and he wasn't that great.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Mundy is gone. Can't say I'm sad at all.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Tyrone carter I'm glad that endef
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Starting to really want Arthur Brown. Three down LBs don't come around often, especially with the talent of Brown. He and Timmons would be nasty.
yeah i agree - he's a sick athlete.. if he was 2 inches taller and played at lsu people would say hes a top 10 pick

Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

worilds was meh in his handful of starts last year... but he should double the amount of his career snaps this year and hopefully the light comes on

gildeon, porter, harrison... dare we say worilds?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Certainly not putting him in any category like that. I haven't seen anything from him to make me think he can be a consistent threat to rush the passer.

Still hoping we somehow magically get Jones even though that seems impossible at this point.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

read that we will likely resign hampton and starks

awesome

***** kill me