Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default UCF CB Josh Robinson a 1st Rounder?

Robinson basically injected steroids into his stock after finishing 1st in the 40, broad jump, and vertical leap.. not to mention his respectable 17 reps on the bench too.

Height/Weight: 5'11 199 lbs.
40: 4.33
Vert: 38.5
Broad: 133.0
Bench: 17 reps

I know combine stats can be overrated but I cant help to watch this kid and fall in love now...

stock jumps to 2nd-3rd rounder for me.

http://youtu.be/Rho61eKRam8

Last edited by Thunder&Lightning : 02-29-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he was a third rounder before the Combine and it hasn't changed since. Some teams value workouts highly and might push him higher on their boards, but he didn't look like much more than a third round CB to me when I saw him play (two games iirc, so a small sample but still...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw him play quite a bit. He has first round ability but he can be inconsistent. I think he ends up going late second round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Walter.com had him listed 3/4 round. This site had him listed as the 14th corner. Love the speed, may have helped himself by a half round, but not much more than that.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

high 2nd. possibly late 1st. Ya know who could creep up into rd1 is Dwight Bill Bentley. That dude can ball.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Th30ry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2 words:

Chris Houston

Be wary of the workout warrior folks. He's got the physical tools, but if you're not careful you can get burnt, there are plenty of guys with great physical tools that never make it in the NFL, lets see how it plays out for him, but I wouldn't elevate his stock that much.
Th30ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock mentioned during the combine that he struggles with his backpedal and really hasn't showed much technique in man coverage. He's also not very physical.

From the video you can see that he's clearly more comfortable in zone and for a guy with 4.3 speed, it's alarming that he's often trailing in man coverage on his HIGHLIGHT tape.

Looks like a worthwhile prospect but he'll need some work for sure. I highly doubt he goes anywhere near the first round.

He did hold A.J. Green to 8 for 77 in a Bowl game once. That's pretty impressive.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
high 2nd. possibly late 1st. Ya know who could creep up into rd1 is Dwight Bill Bentley. That dude can ball.
When I saw the OP, Bentley was the first guy to come to mind and I agree that him sneaking in round 1 could be a possibility. I love his combination of explosiveness, feet and hips and the fact that he performed so well at Senior Bowl definitely lessens the competition concerns in my eyes. That #4 CB spot is still up for grabs which is why there are a lot of names in the mix like Robinson and Bentley. Gilmore may have pulled ahead a bit with his 4.40 but he has a lot of very average tape out there and the race for that spot is a ways from being over.

*mildly interesting fun fact of the day: bill bentley played cb opposite of janoris jenkins in highschool at pahokee. that'd be pretty cool if they both ended up going round 1 for that reason.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th30ry View Post
2 words:

Chris Houston

Be wary of the workout warrior folks. He's got the physical tools, but if you're not careful you can get burnt, there are plenty of guys with great physical tools that never make it in the NFL, lets see how it plays out for him, but I wouldn't elevate his stock that much.
Welcome to the boards. I like this analogy.

I think he has deceptive speed in that he doesn't get to top speed that fast, and I'd be really curious to find out his 10 yard splits. Doesn't seem like he's very quick, either.

I personally would take a quick corner with flexible hips, who runs a 4.5 over a stiff corner who runs a 4.25 any day.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Th30ry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thank you, and I agree, give me the swivel hips that can get around and get into that speed much easier and more quickly and you can keep straight line only track guys.
Th30ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
KennyPowers
Rookie

KennyPowers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seen Josh play at UCF, and my biggest knock on him is consistency. When he played against big time players (AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders,etc) or big time schools, he stepped up his game. He's a good kid, no discipline problems and a hard worker. Not worth a 1st or early 2nd IMO. Not the greatest punt returner, fumbled at least three this year.
KennyPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Mayock mentioned during the combine that he struggles with his backpedal and really hasn't showed much technique in man coverage. He's also not very physical.

From the video you can see that he's clearly more comfortable in zone and for a guy with 4.3 speed, it's alarming that he's often trailing in man coverage on his HIGHLIGHT tape..
They should do the combine in pads, bet you get some different results
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy ran a quick 40! He's an instant first rounder!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock just said after going back to the tape there's no way this guy gets out of the first round...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Mayock just said after going back to the tape there's no way this guy gets out of the first round...
Interesting, very interesting.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
That #4 CB spot is still up for grabs

Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I wonder if the Falcons take him if he's available in the 2nd. I hope so.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had picked him for TACKLE in the latest mock, I did not think of saying 1st rounder when I see this guy but he is very skilled. Ups and downs in this game. Swag.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because he did so well at the combine, doesn't automatically mean you're going to be a great CB.

To me, there are great athletes, and there are football players. The combine seems to display more of the athleticsim. Darious Heyward Bey was a track star at Maryland, and his athleticism showed at the Combine. But he never matched that on the football field.

Right now, so many are looking at what these guys are doing in shorts. I like to measure the player by what they've done on tape. Cordy Glenn dominated all lineman at the combine, but theres no chance in hell he's better than DeCastro in football terms as a G. He was owned on tape.

Josh Robinson could be a good CB, but the fact he's jumped so high due to combine numbers is kind of a joke. That's what happened with Ahmad Carrol. Look at how long he lasted in the league. Combine is kind of a joke and the majority of the events and drills don't really matter in terms of football sense. Only the actually football drills matter to me. The 40, high jump, and the shuttle don't display the ability to play football.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Just because he did so well at the combine, doesn't automatically mean you're going to be a great CB.

To me, there are great athletes, and there are football players. The combine seems to display more of the athleticsim. Darious Heyward Bey was a track star at Maryland, and his athleticism showed at the Combine. But he never matched that on the football field.

Right now, so many are looking at what these guys are doing in shorts. I like to measure the player by what they've done on tape. Cordy Glenn dominated all lineman at the combine, but theres no chance in hell he's better than DeCastro in football terms as a G. He was owned on tape.

Josh Robinson could be a good CB, but the fact he's jumped so high due to combine numbers is kind of a joke. That's what happened with Ahmad Carrol. Look at how long he lasted in the league. Combine is kind of a joke and the majority of the events and drills don't really matter in terms of football sense. Only the actually football drills matter to me. The 40, high jump, and the shuttle don't display the ability to play football.
Combine stuff has it's place, I don't agree when people say it doesn't matter at all. It is just a small piece of the puzzle. If you have two guys graded out about equal based on tape performance and quality of competition, you can use height, weight, speed, strength, etc as a tie-breaker.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree the combine gets over emphasized by a lot of fans, but you cannot just dismiss the numbers completely. If Kendall Wright is really a 4.6 guy, even though he showed on tape he can be effective down field, there will and should be questions whether or not he can do that at the next level. The combine should serve as the next step in evaluating prospects, but certainly should not dismiss the good or bad things a player does on the field. It should make you go back and check guys closer if they surprised you with their workouts, either good or bad.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

Josh Robinson did have a jump in draft stock after the combine, but let's not start comparing him to Heyward-Bay. Robinson was thought by many to be an early round pick coming into this year because during his first two seasons, he was great. He did have a down year this year, but he is not all to blame there. UCF was a mess this season. They have the issues with Ereck Plancher death. The offense was going through a serious quarterback controversy. And the defense in front of Robinson had issues to. They lost the best defensive player in school history in Bruce Miller. They were starting three freshmen linebackers at points. The team could not get pressure on the QB. They had 16 sacks compared to 32 the season before. Of course the defensive backs are going to have down seasons when the opposing QB has all day to throw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Josh Robinson did have a jump in draft stock after the combine, but let's not start comparing him to Heyward-Bay. Robinson was thought by many to be an early round pick coming into this year because during his first two seasons, he was great. He did have a down year this year, but he is not all to blame there. UCF was a mess this season. They have the issues with Ereck Plancher death. The offense was going through a serious quarterback controversy. And the defense in front of Robinson had issues to. They lost the best defensive player in school history in Bruce Miller. They were starting three freshmen linebackers at points. The team could not get pressure on the QB. They had 16 sacks compared to 32 the season before. Of course the defensive backs are going to have down seasons when the opposing QB has all day to throw.
I'm not saying this knocking what's on the tape. But it seems to me, after his blow up at the combine, he's now getting hype as a first rounder? Come on. He also played at UCF. He should have dominated the competition and too me, is no more than a nickle CB, from what I see on film.

His combine is what is shooting him up the draft boards right now, not his play. And this is why I don't like the combine. They did an interview with Robinson and he came out and said it, he did not even recieve a day 2 grade. He blows up the 40, broad jump, shuttles, verticle, etc., all in shorts and no pads, and all of a sudden he goes from a day 3 to day 1 pick? Combine=OVERRATED.

I can't tell you how many people are down grading Morris Claibornes 4.5 and 4.47 40 times to a point, that he is now not "an elite prospect" because of that. Seriously, it's a joke.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
I agree the combine gets over emphasized by a lot of fans, but you cannot just dismiss the numbers completely. If Kendall Wright is really a 4.6 guy, even though he showed on tape he can be effective down field, there will and should be questions whether or not he can do that at the next level. The combine should serve as the next step in evaluating prospects, but certainly should not dismiss the good or bad things a player does on the field. It should make you go back and check guys closer if they surprised you with their workouts, either good or bad.
Exactly. WRs don't get down in 3 point track stances either . Kendall Wright is explosive on the field. I still have questions about him though, but not judged from his combine. Was he a product of RGIII and that spread offense? It seems he's more difficult to scout coming from the spread than QBs anymore. It seemed to me he just ran by defenders in stead of beating the jams and creating seperation. But that's a different topic.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Wright's official time (according to National Scouting and other NFL scouts) is under 4.5.

His time is officially (according to NFL.com) over 4.6 because he moved his hand and the electronic timer picked it up.

edit: OT, Josh Robinson has a lot of good film and a lot of bad film. He has plenty of first round film, but I really think his value is closer to a late second or 3rd rounder.