Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Thread

Server: The Fatman
Faction: Sith Empire
Guild: Relunctant Laser Fire

vidae was supposed to create this thread for me, but he is a jerk!

I know a lot of are going to play this game, there has been a ton of discussion in the PC Gaming thread, but I wanted to get a nice little thread going to centralize discussion.

I personally think it would be cool if we all play on the same side/server, so first things first, we should vote on which side that will be. Some sort of guild discussion should go down as well.

Check in if you are planning on playing (and have preordered), so far I know of:

Damix (preordered)
vidae (preordered) (beta tester)
DG (beta tester)
comahan (beta tester)
Forenci (preordered) (beta tester)
ImBrotherCain (preordered) (beta tester)
StripedWalrus
Grizzlegom (preorderd) (beta tester)
A Perfect Score (beta tester)

Also I still haven't gotten into beta but if you have, feel free to share your thoughts.

Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aww come on Damix how could you forget me...

I am all for playing on the same side to start and playing on the same server. I think it would be a lot of fun with how many people on these forums are going to play.

I preordered the collectors edition and I know that StripedWalrus is also planning on playing + his brother.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Aww come on Damix how could you forget me...

I am all for playing on the same side to start and playing on the same server. I think it would be a lot of fun with how many people on these forums are going to play.

I preordered the collectors edition and I know that StripedWalrus is also planning on playing + his brother.
Sorry Cain! I will add you. I also have a few friends playing,
Old 11-15-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have no preference to what side we play on. My buddy wants to go light side but meh I really have no qualms either way.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I really have no preference to what side we play on. My buddy wants to go light side but meh I really have no qualms either way.
I pretty much feel the same way, I'm hoping the beta testers have some good insight on which side we should be on.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've preordered and have been beta testing for like 3 months now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a lot of friends who are going to play Empire, so that's the side I'm going to play. One of my friends in particular wants to play a Sith Inquisitor, and a few others want to play Bounty Hunters, so.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I have a lot of friends who are going to play Empire, so that's the side I'm going to play. One of my friends in particular wants to play a Sith Inquisitor, and a few others want to play Bounty Hunters, so.

You will accept the majority and you will like it.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll definitely be playing Jedi Knight as my first class (so if you see a Jedi Knight (Guardian) running around your server named Grizzlegom, you better believe its me) but I REALLY enjoyed Bounty Hunter in beta and will definitely have my first alt be a BH. In response to which side is better, I'd say neither really. The storyline is unique based on your class and I haven't found any class that has a bad story yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-15-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite stories so far are the Jedi Knight, Imperial Agent and Trooper. I haven't tried BH because I was pretty sure I was going to play that on launch, but I'm not sure now.

I got a JK to 18 and a Trooper to 12 before the most recent wipe. Those were fun.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trooper ftw!

I don't wanna be bad vidae. :(

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be beta testing it very soon, and I'll be buying the game soon after release. I'll be playing either Smuggler for Republic or Bounty Hunter for Sith, either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I am going to be a beta tester... or at least I got the email saying I will be in a future test.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Trooper ftw!

I don't wanna be bad vidae. :(
Be prepared to die a horrible death then!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
My favorite stories so far are the Jedi Knight, Imperial Agent and Trooper. I haven't tried BH because I was pretty sure I was going to play that on launch, but I'm not sure now.

I got a JK to 18 and a Trooper to 12 before the most recent wipe. Those were fun.
Yea, first cycle I got my JK to around 38 or so because I knew that was going to be my class come launch. Once the next test cycle came around I realized I didn't want to spoil the story and get bored with it so I decided to try BH. This test cycle I'm trying Jedi Shadow (if you can't tell I like tanking haha). Definitely like the JK and BH more than my shadow. I've played all the classes through to level 10 (basically just finished their homeworld) though and I've enjoyed all of them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-15-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm obviously in. Although it might be released in AU a little later than the rest of the world unless I import :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I read that Shadow tanking was really cool and kind of different. You didn't like it?

Old 11-15-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
I read that Shadow tanking was really cool and kind of different. You didn't like it?
Eh, it's definitely different but its a lot more reliant on gear than the other two since you're a dodge tank. When leveling, its not too easy to come by gear with +def so it was kinda hard to tank without really good heals. I really enjoyed it when I had a good healer but if the heals were even average, we would wipe because I'd just take too much burst damage. Didn't have that problem with JG or Powertech. Overall, if I was starting over, I'd go DPS build to level and re-spec once I hit the cap and could put together a really good tank set.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-15-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only had the chance to get a Jedi Knight to level 11 (unfortunately by beta weekend came at a busy time for me) but I loved it. I'll likely end up rolling Empire though. I was pretty convinced on being a Bounty Hunter but now I'm not as sure. I loved Jedi Knight so I'm considering rolling a Sith Warrior and specialize as a Marauder.

I'm accepted to another beta phase so I'll likely give Bounty Hunter a roll up to level 20 or so to see if it's what I want to do.

Dual light sabers is far to sexy to pass up.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was in the beta this weekend but every time I got on the servers were so full I was waiting to play for like half an hour. When I finally did get past character creation I just crashed to my desktop while getting used to the controls so I was like fuuuuuuu and stopped playing.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone steal me a Beta code so I can check this out. :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played a Sith Inquisitor to level 8 this weekend and greatly enjoyed it. Will definitely be my preferred class come launch. I'll shoot lightning at mobs and heal all of you jabronies.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darn online fees are keeping me from buying this game day one.Why lol .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably end up playing this, but it's no where near my radar at the moment...not with Skyrim going.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will strongly consider this one, just depends whether it comes out and if I have my life back or back enough by then to commit!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote