Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-01-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I could get laid off for a month and collect unemployment. It would be a great vacation.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
We actually have decent labour laws (although you wouldn't know it sometimes thanks to politicians) so our workers actually get paid! If you were working in mines in Australia you be earning a butt load. I have a mate working in the mines in W.A. as essentially a janitor. He works 7 days on, 7 days off (and they fly him to and from his home in Perth) and brings home 100,000 plus a year.
Your cost of living is also through the roof though.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know of a good way to find internships to apply for?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Anyone know of a good way to find internships to apply for?
If you're in school, there should be a career center with all of that stuff. You may be **** out of luck for this summer though depending on the field.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no job. But, my career highlights include writing for one of the worlds largest soccer websites...
care to divulge?
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I'm an accountant, it's as boring as rumoured and the pay is ****(~75k) but on a positive I get 4 weeks annual leave and 10 sick days all of which I attempt to use as they are non-vesting and I don't have to work hard(hence why I can post on here) and we have basically no IT department or anything like that to block websites and the people I work with are generally good value(there are always a few peanuts anywhere you work that make you want to kill a kitten when they talk).

Overall I'm currently doing some post graduate study in order to get the qualifications to get out and start earning some real money.
At first I was taken aback when you said 75K is **** money. Then I remembered you're from Australia and everything is expensive as crap over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
I write as a Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report while attending school.

Not exactly the most reputable site, but it's a writing job.
I've seriously considered writing for B/R but waffle on the decision because of their reputation.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Your cost of living is also through the roof though.
Meh it's not as high as people make out.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Meh it's not as high as people make out.
Idk, I have heard it sucks. NYC is damn expensive and this Australian girl I knew who was here for a semester was amazed at how cheap stuff was.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Idk, I have heard it sucks. NYC is damn expensive and this Australian girl I knew who was here for a semester was amazed at how cheap stuff was.
This completely... We have like 4 of the top 9 most expensive cities in the world.

In Perth a "cheap" ****** house/apartment will set you back 450k, as in the median house price is 450k. To get something decent that isn't a good 30 plus minutes from the city you are looking at about 800k.

If I spend less than $10 on a pint of beer I'm pretty damn ecstatic, if I spend less than $50 on a carton(case), ditto. A bottle of Jacks is $40. Don't get me started on food!

The weather is fantastic but really Perth is a pretty ordinary place to live outside of that. Everything is stupid expensive, the nightlife is pathetic. Basically the best reason to live here is if you have a family because the schools and lifestyle for raising one is great or if you work on the mines because you get paid.

I work as a tax accountant so I see what a lot of the guys on the mines earn... for a comparison an unskilled "cleaner" will make about $140k working probably a 3 and 2 schedule(that's 3 weeks on, 2 weeks of holidays). Chefs make about 200k. Skilled labourers like Carpenters are on 250k, Electricians are about 280k. Engineers and Geologists with more than 3 years experience don't even get out of bed for anything less than 300k.

All of them work like 3/2 or 2/1 as well, so those engineers making 500k are working 30 weeks a year as well. It is quite simply disgusting and really creates a massive disparity within our economy.

I have a mate who when he first walked out of university was getting 320k as an engineer to work 7 days on, 4 days off. So less than half the year. Still disgusts me.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might need to move to Australia.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to go to Australia or go there for extended time, than all of Wogitalia's rants about how pay sucks and everything is so dman expansive i didn't want to go there anymore.

Until he said Engineers make 300K and works 30 weeks. Haiill yeawwwhhh
Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
At first I was taken aback when you said 75K is **** money. Then I remembered you're from Australia and everything is expensive as crap over there.
For some reason (despite the location that clearly says Perth, Aus) I was thinking Wog was from Canada and I was ready to march up there and ***** slap him. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might need to move to Australia

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
This completely... We have like 4 of the top 9 most expensive cities in the world.

In Perth a "cheap" ****** house/apartment will set you back 450k, as in the median house price is 450k. To get something decent that isn't a good 30 plus minutes from the city you are looking at about 800k.

If I spend less than $10 on a pint of beer I'm pretty damn ecstatic, if I spend less than $50 on a carton(case), ditto. A bottle of Jacks is $40. Don't get me started on food!

The weather is fantastic but really Perth is a pretty ordinary place to live outside of that. Everything is stupid expensive, the nightlife is pathetic. Basically the best reason to live here is if you have a family because the schools and lifestyle for raising one is great or if you work on the mines because you get paid.

I work as a tax accountant so I see what a lot of the guys on the mines earn... for a comparison an unskilled "cleaner" will make about $140k working probably a 3 and 2 schedule(that's 3 weeks on, 2 weeks of holidays). Chefs make about 200k. Skilled labourers like Carpenters are on 250k, Electricians are about 280k. Engineers and Geologists with more than 3 years experience don't even get out of bed for anything less than 300k.

All of them work like 3/2 or 2/1 as well, so those engineers making 500k are working 30 weeks a year as well. It is quite simply disgusting and really creates a massive disparity within our economy.

I have a mate who when he first walked out of university was getting 320k as an engineer to work 7 days on, 4 days off. So less than half the year. Still disgusts me.
SERIOUSLY? WTF?

Do they have a need for chip designers or software guys? I do both. Good lord.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Retiring young and moving to Goa has always been in the back of my mind. I can live 20 more years on a college students budget and retire as a king in India, provided a woman doesn't muck it all up for me.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-02-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Retiring young and moving to Goa has always been in the back of my mind. I can live 20 more years on a college students budget and retire as a king in India, provided a woman doesn't muck it all up for me.
I plan on retiring and living like a king in Patagonia.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I plan on retiring and living like a king in Patagonia.
I like the cold, but thats a little intense for me (although I suppose you would be okay living in the northern end of the warmer coast). I would consider South America in addition to Goa though, I loved the time I spent in Ecuador.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the cold, but thats a little intense for me (although I suppose you would be okay living in the northern end of the warmer coast). I would consider South America in addition to Goa though, I loved the time I spent in Ecuador.
South America is good cause its cheaper, but I wasnt serious about Patagonia. I was just doing a line from Princess Bride. Oddly, In terms of retiring somewhere outside of the US, one of my first choices would be Iceland.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
South America is good cause its cheaper, but I wasnt serious about Patagonia. I was just doing a line from Princess Bride. Oddly, In terms of retiring somewhere outside of the US, one of my first choices would be Iceland.
I've been told see Princess Bride. Obviously haven't found the time. Iceland is pretty effed up right now though; I would stay away. Plus it's not cheap.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

South Africa <3

South America is not cheap

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been told see Princess Bride. Obviously haven't found the time. Iceland is pretty effed up right now though; I would stay away. Plus it's not cheap.
They are actually recovering quite well. They will be poised to be financially sound when the rest of us get slammed.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
South Africa <3

South America is not cheap
Most of South America is very cheap as long as you stay away from popular resort areas.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
They are actually recovering quite well. They will be poised to be financially sound when the rest of us get slammed.
If all of Europe doesn't implode, perhaps. I find it funny that they actually want in the EU....dumb move.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
If all of Europe doesn't implode, perhaps. I find it funny that they actually want in the EU....dumb move.
Very dumb move, agreed.