Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-01-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 4) Browns: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

I was the first to put Cam Newton #1 to Carolina last year (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45951) , and I'm calling this right now.

If the Browns strike out with FA QBs (and they likely will), don't trade up for RG3 (word is Washington right now), they'll choose between Tannehill and Trent Richardson.

And they'll take Tannehill. They won't risk him falling near 8 and 12, where the Dolphins and Seahawks pick.

My suspicions:

- NFL people are much higher on him than draftniks. They view his 1.5 years of experience as a reason to believe he can and will improve from his college performance.

- He'll interview extremely well.

- The Browns will fall in love (they'll also have no other way to address QB besides Weeden/Cousins/etc. later in the draft and will definitely feel some pressure to get a face of the franchise/offensive playmaker after trading down the last few years - of course, that could be an argument for TRich as well).
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Locker isn't a 1st round pick? Tsk, tsk. I disagree with Tannehill going 4, but we'll see. I could see him going to the Skins at 6, and that's only a two pick difference, so who knows.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure they'd take him as high as #4....but a trade down or trade up could happen for Tannehill. Teams would do it to in order to get the one elite corner in this draft - Claiborne. (Panthers are hot for a stud CB this offseason). Then again after what we saw with Locker, Ponder, etc. last year, Tanny at #4 wouldn't shock me.

On the flipside, if the Browns go up and get Griffin, I could def see the Redskins using #6 on Tanny.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill would be an utter disaster. I have no confidence that the kid has the accuracy, the live action brains, or the gumption, to play the position.

That means it's likely that the Browns will take him.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not saying it wont happen but Cam Newton is alot different from Ryan Tannehill.

Newton actually won as a quarterback, he had much more potential and at this time last year Newton Newton was projected to go a lt higher than where Tannehill is being projected to go.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Longhorn fans would be pissed.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Cleveland fans. If you don't get RG3 or Matt Flynn. What would you give up for Ryan Mallett? I'm happy with 2013 pick.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I was the first to put Cam Newton #1 to Carolina last year (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45951) , and I'm calling this right now.

If the Browns strike out with FA QBs (and they likely will), don't trade up for RG3 (word is Washington right now), they'll choose between Tannehill and Trent Richardson.

And they'll take Tannehill. They won't risk him falling near 8 and 12, where the Dolphins and Seahawks pick.

My suspicions:

- NFL people are much higher on him than draftniks. They view his 1.5 years of experience as a reason to believe he can and will improve from his college performance.

- The Browns will fall in love (they'll also have no other way to address QB besides Weeden/Cousins/etc. later in the draft and will definitely feel some pressure to get a face of the franchise/offensive playmaker after trading down the last few years - of course, that could be an argument for TRich as well).
Pretty sure Pudge had Cam at 1 during the season, haha.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Pretty sure Pudge had Cam at 1 during the season, haha.
No not saying Big Board.

No mock drafts had him going first overall before 2-23 (when I posted that thread). At least not that I'm aware of.

I remember trying to argue to Bills fans that they'd take him at 3 before I realized that the same argument was the reason he'd go #1.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three QB's in the Top 4. WHOOO! Wouldn't surprise me. I didn't think Locker or Ponder would go that high last year.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

sure hope not..If so, sign Vincent Jackson in Free Agency. I hope not Tannehill at 4 though
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Three QB's in the Top 4. WHOOO! Wouldn't surprise me. I didn't think Locker or Ponder would go that high last year.
Locker and Ponder had more of a resume though. Tannehill would be a huge reach at #4 but we know teams do strange things. More realistic is the Dolphins or Seahawks go with Tanny.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
Hey Cleveland fans. If you don't get RG3 or Matt Flynn. What would you give up for Ryan Mallett? I'm happy with 2013 pick.
Maybe a snow cone? Possibly a Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake... mmmm, delicious.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go ahead and say it. Ryan Tannehill will not be a Cleveland Brown next season.

Also, on a similar note of bragging rights. I wonder if I was the first to put Von Miller in the top 10 last year.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Maybe a snow cone?
I see what you did there.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Exploder View Post
I'm going to go ahead and say it. Ryan Tannehill will not be a Cleveland Brown next season.

Also, on a similar note of bragging rights. I wonder if I was the first to put Von Miller in the top 10 last year.
I had Jake Locker in the top ten so there is that.

On an unrelated topic a broken clock is right twice a day.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe if I study really hard I can be as smart as you guys one day.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My suspicions:

I said I was wondering if I preferred him to Luck months ago. He's got everything physically, is smart, and despite the W-L last year, was pretty prolific as a passer in his first starting season despite his inexperience and receivers dropping a lot of passes. It was when I saw him picking apart LSU's defense in the bowl game last year.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
most NFL teams want their draftable QBs to have more starts not less. Otherwise you get a "not ready now or ever" situation like Mark Sanchez. I honestly believe there's a pretty good chance Tannehill is there at 22. and a long shot chance he's available early rd2. the guy has done nothing since the end of the bowl season to raise his stock.

people compare Tannehill to Locker or Ponder, where's the signature wins? Baylor? Locker beat nebraska and Ponder beat all sorts of good programs in the state of Florida.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
most NFL teams want their draftable QBs to have more starts not less. Otherwise you get a "not ready now or ever" situation like Mark Sanchez. I honestly believe there's a pretty good chance Tannehill is there at 22. and a long shot chance he's available early rd2. the guy has done nothing since the end of the bowl season to raise his stock.
A) Who cares?

B) He'll have one of those 'best pro days I've ever seen' that every good QB prospect has, I'm sure.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Maybe if I study really hard I can be as smart as you guys one day.
I wouldn't bet on it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A) Who cares?

B) He'll have one of those 'best pro days I've ever seen' that every good QB prospect has, I'm sure.
again I ask, where are teh signature wins? Who has he beat?

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
again I ask, where are teh signature wins? Who has he beat?
Come on, you know that lack of signature college wins means very, very little in regards to a developmental franchise QB prospect with all the tools.

Christian Ponder was pretty much awful at FSU. Locker didn't have much team success at Udub. All Cutler did was lose at Vandy. They all went around top-10 or higher because of physical tools/upside/intelligence.

The lack of success/experience is a legitimate concern. But not one that will cause him to fall out of the top-12.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are simply, completely, wrong. He won't make it past Seattle. He won't make it to Seattle. If they want him, they'll be seeking trades.

Quote:
people compare Tannehill to Locker or Ponder, where's the signature wins? Baylor? Locker beat nebraska and Ponder beat all sorts of good programs in the state of Florida.
Because despite only playing a year and a half, versus four, he already looks better as a passer than Locker. Because despite not having signature wins, coaches see that he always kept his team close - they know when a player is playing well, but his teammates are dropping his passes, or the defense collapsing. They're coaches. This is what they're paid to understand. And he's got for superior tools to Christian Ponder. And don't say, "B-b-b-but 40 time!"

But I posted this around New Years:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post

Ryan Tannehill

Positives: Athleticism, intelligence, has demonstrated an ability to learn new positions and have quick success, arm strength, pocket presence. If Texas A&M had won more games, people wouldn't be nearly so down on Tannehill. I've watched a lot of Tannehill. It wasn't Tannehill who lost those games. A&M's losses were by 1 point to Oklahoma State, 4 points to Arkansas, by a TD to Mizzou in overtime, by 16 to Oklahoma, by 3 to Kansas State in 4 overtimes and by 2 to Texas. That's a ton of really close games, a bunch of which A&M had early leads in. That says more about the team as a whole than an indictment of any single player. Those were defensive collapses, and I know I might be sounding like an apologist, but a lot of those games could've been won had Tannehill's receivers been able to hang onto balls that hit them in the chest on third down.

But on to the things I specifically like about Tannehill – when I first started watching him, I think I watched an “every-throw” compilation against LSU – obviously one of the best college defenses in the country. He was nailing the out routes, and I think it was from last year, his first year as a college QB. i.e., he was making plays right in front of Patrick Peterson and making him look pretty average, and doing so after only being a college QB for half a season. His spirals are tight and he has good placement on those sideline throws, allowing his receivers to shield the ball with their bodies and pick up consistent first downs. He throws pretty well on the run, and can throw a good deep ball. But the other thing I really, really like about Tannehill is the way he looks with pressure coming at him, and I think this is a critical trait for NFL quarterbacks – he ignores it. He does a great job of allowing his receivers to come open while trusting his pocket. He's willing to take hits by staying in the pocket long enough to get the throw off. And even in those losing games, he never looked frantic. He just kept pushing. Unfortunately, there were some dropped balls and defensive failures that left A&M with a few more losses than maybe they should've had. That was a team that was more talented than their record last year.

Negatives: Must learn to read coverages better and be willing to look at his non-primary reads. This is a major weakness. I hardly ever saw him looking to second or third receivers. Rolling out to his right, he'd never look to his left. He'd take a drop and just be looking for Fuller the whole time. A lot of his interceptions are because of this; he knows he wants to throw it deep to Fuller, Fuller's double-covered... he throws it anyways. Pick. In a way, this is almost impressive to me; there are many plays where as soon as the ball is snapped, you can see who he's looking for and sure enough, that's where he throws it. Often he completes passes just because his ball placement is good enough that defensive backs couldn't get to it. But that's going to be a lot harder in the NFL, and if he keeps it up he's going to be a pick-6 machine whenever he tries to throw short outs and flat routes. Needs to keep learning the mental side of being a QB, and needs to trust his receivers to be there when he can't see them, but those are things that I think come with experience.

Overall impression: I think Tannehill has all the phsyical abilities you could want in an NFL QB, I think he might have the best raw arm in this draft class, and I like his toughness in the pocket and the fact that he's played two positions at a high level as a college player; that tells me he's a hard worker and can pick things up quickly. He will require a lot of teaching in the NFL as he continues to learn the nuances of the position, but I'm inclined to roll the dice on him. To me, he's got the intangible qualities you can't really coach, and the areas in which he needs to improve are areas that come with experience and coaching.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Browns feel he's a franchise QB, then I can see them making this move. However, he has a huge bust potential. It almost seems nuts to take him 4th.