Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-01-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If the Browns feel he's a franchise QB, then I can see them making this move. However, he has a huge bust potential. It almost seems nuts to take him 4th.
Because it gets thrown around so often, I'll say this: I am honestly not sure what can be meant by that, besides having a small film sample and granting that he's inexperienced. He shows you everything you need a QB to do (which is what got Gabbert drafted), except Tannehill is great at precisely the thing which makes Gabbert terrible - pocket presence. Any pick you make is a risk, but I look at Tannehill and think about the list of things I need an NFL quarterback to do, and I check them off one by one. No, he doesn't have a lot of film. There are much worse problems for prospects to have.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what the hell you guys are watching when he was out there on the field.

He makes a ton of boneheaded plays and has suspect accuracy. Forget the rest, those things are rarely cured with NFL coaching.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
again I ask, where are teh signature wins? Who has he beat?
How about being the only QB in NCAA history to defeat Nebraska, Texas, and Oklahoma in the same season?

Do signature wins as a junior not count? So where's Jake Locker's then?

As far as accuracy concerns go, I don't see that at all. His accuracy on bucket and 50/50 throws downfield suffer, but that's a clearly identifiable issue and it stems from his weight transfer on those throws - an easy mechanical clean-up. Those are the only accuracy concerns he really has.

Last edited by Steady Lurkin : 03-01-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be stunned with anything, but I have high, high doubts about 4th overall and I really like him. The main issue is that there is going to be at least 1-2 guys with elite grades on them still on the board at that point (whereas, at the 6 spot, while it's only a 2 spot difference, there's a higher chance that most teams won't have anyone with an elite grade still on the board). The feeling I get is that he's more of a mid-first value on boards, but could go higher if a team gets desperate. That said, only time will tell.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the chances the Browns trade back, maybe to 7 with the Jags. Draft could go like:

1 Colts- Luck
2 Redskins- RGIII
3 Vikings- Kalil
4 Jaguars- Blackmon
5 Bucs- Claiborne
6 Rams- Richardson/Poe/Reiff
7 Browns- Richardson/Tannehill

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one is trading up into the top 5 unless its for a QB imo. After 6 or 7 (when Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon and Richardson could be gone) teams might start moving up to make sure they get their guy before someone else does though, or if any of the aforementioned "premier" guys drop.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
What are the chances the Browns trade back, maybe to 7 with the Jags. Draft could go like:

1 Colts- Luck
2 Redskins- RGIII
3 Vikings- Kalil
4 Jaguars- Blackmon
5 Bucs- Claiborne
6 Rams- Richardson/Poe/Reiff
7 Browns- Richardson/Tannehill
I think it's definitely possible if the Jags really want Blackmon and are afraid the Rams will take him right before their pick (assuming Washington makes the move to #2). A lot of things would have to fall just right for it to happen.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
I think it's definitely possible if the Jags really want Blackmon and are afraid the Rams will take him right before their pick (assuming Washington makes the move to #2). A lot of things would have to fall just right for it to happen.
I'd be the perfect way for the Browns to stick it back to the Rams if they end up trading with Washington. Rams will think Blackmon will fall to 6, then Browns make draft day trade with Jags to move up to 4 from 7 to get Blackmon. Jags would likely give up a 2012 3rd and 2013 2nd to get Blackmon since I doubt they will be able to bring in a big name WR in F/A and Gabbert really needs help and more weapons.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Browns fans...... the brown schit continues to flow downstream.....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Browns end up winning the sweepstakes for RG III. Rams won't trade down that many spots. I think they want to obtain picks and still get an elite prospect. Trading to 4 instead of 6 almost gurantees them at Claiborne, Blackmon, or even Khalil, depending on Minnesota's selection.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Because it gets thrown around so often, I'll say this: I am honestly not sure what can be meant by that, besides having a small film sample and granting that he's inexperienced. He shows you everything you need a QB to do (which is what got Gabbert drafted), except Tannehill is great at precisely the thing which makes Gabbert terrible - pocket presence. Any pick you make is a risk, but I look at Tannehill and think about the list of things I need an NFL quarterback to do, and I check them off one by one. No, he doesn't have a lot of film. There are much worse problems for prospects to have.
His limited experience (which tends to mean developmental field IQ/instincts) is a pretty big deal. He's also is hot and cold a lot (good accuracy at times and bad others).

Tannehill probably has the most upside of any QB in this draft outside of RG3. Maybe Luck too. He's not Blaine Gabbert like (that's Nick Foles lol), but Gabbert isn't the only prototype for busts.

I'd be a lot more comfortable with him in the second than in the first, especially in the top 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I think the Browns end up winning the sweepstakes for RG III. Rams won't trade down that many spots. I think they want to obtain picks and still get an elite prospect. Trading to 4 instead of 6 almost gurantees them at Claiborne, Blackmon, or even Khalil, depending on Minnesota's selection.
I've got them at 6 right now and they could take Blackmon if they wanted or take Floyd as I've got them doing. The only way I take Cleveland over Washington, is if I want Claiborne.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
His limited experience (which tends to mean developmental field IQ/instincts) is a pretty big deal. He's also is hot and cold a lot (good accuracy at times and bad others).

Tannehill probably has the most upside of any QB in this draft outside of RG3. Maybe Luck too. He's not Blaine Gabbert like (that's Nick Foles lol), but Gabbert isn't the only prototype for busts.

I'd be a lot more comfortable with him in the second than in the first, especially in the top 5.

I've got them at 6 right now and they could take Blackmon if they wanted or take Floyd as I've got them doing. The only way I take Cleveland over Washington, is if I want Claiborne.
What makes you think Tampa won't take Blackmon? They lack a true #1 WR and Blackmon fits the bill.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't hurt your hand patting yourself on the back, when in that same post you say Jake Locker isn't a 1st round QB... can't have it both ways.

Also Tannehill won't go #4.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
again I ask, where are teh signature wins? Who has he beat?
Look at his Junior year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th overall is awful risky for Tannehill. You better be ready to pass up some better football players.

Last edited by JHL6719 : 03-01-2012 at 07:39 PM.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
4th overall is awful risky for Tannehill. You better be ready to pass some better football players.
The Browns will do the smart thing and sign Flynn and then draft Richardson or Blackmon like they should. No need to take Tannehill 4th. That's just GM suicide and Holmgren won't do it.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns won't take him at 4. There's too many potential trade partners before Seattle's pick at 12 that Cleveland could use to secure Tannehill.

I know with the rookie salary cap it's really no big deal taking Tannehill at 4, but I think the Browns get something out of that 4th overall AND their QB, if it's Tannehill.

I still believe the Browns are more likely to make a deal for RGIII and the SKins will have to consider trading back in the top 10 to get Tannehill.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to point out that when Oliver Luck got married, I congratulated him and, gently touching his new wife's stomach, I told her that she would bear a No. 1 overall draft pick.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathman View Post
I just wanted to point out that when Oliver Luck got married, I congratulated him and, gently touching his new wife's stomach, I told her that she would bear a No. 1 overall draft pick.
I don't believe you. Pics or gtfo.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't believe you. Pics or gtfo.
Security took my camera just before I was escorted off the property. It's still in litigation so I can't say anything more about it.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now if the Browns stay at 4 and don't get Griffin I think the most likely pick for them is definitely Claiborne....but who knows? It's really early. Teams change their minds all the time at the last second on who they're going to draft.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Right now if the Browns stay at 4 and don't get Griffin I think the most likely pick for them is definitely Claiborne....but who knows? It's really early. Teams change their minds all the time at the last second on who they're going to draft.
If the Browns take Tannehill, they are wasting a pick and they are screwed for another 3 years.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
The Browns will do the smart thing and sign Flynn and then ....
They can't just sign Flynn if he's tagged.
What will they do, smartly, if he is tagged?
I guarantee you the Packers are in discussions with at least one team for Flynn.

Kolb or Schaub or Cassell never did what Flynn has done in his 2 starts (plus 4 years of tutelage under Philbin, Rodgers). And none of those guys started for a National Championship team before the NFL either.
Flynn has tremendous value.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
They can't just sign Flynn if he's tagged.
What will they do, smartly, if he is tagged?
I guarantee you the Packers are in discussions with at least one team for Flynn.

Kolb or Schaub or Cassell never did what Flynn has done in his 2 starts (plus 4 years of tutelage under Philbin, Rodgers). And none of those guys started for a National Championship team before the NFL either.
Flynn has tremendous value.
I agree with you. No way are they just letting him hit the market. They'll risk the $14M franchise tag in anticipation of trading him to the highest bidder.

I still think there is no way that he doesn't go to Miami.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
diemertsdawgs
Rookie

diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I was the first to put Cam Newton #1 to Carolina last year (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45951) , and I'm calling this right now.

If the Browns strike out with FA QBs (and they likely will), don't trade up for RG3 (word is Washington right now), they'll choose between Tannehill and Trent Richardson.

And they'll take Tannehill. They won't risk him falling near 8 and 12, where the Dolphins and Seahawks pick.

My suspicions:

- NFL people are much higher on him than draftniks. They view his 1.5 years of experience as a reason to believe he can and will improve from his college performance.

- He'll interview extremely well.

- The Browns will fall in love (they'll also have no other way to address QB besides Weeden/Cousins/etc. later in the draft and will definitely feel some pressure to get a face of the franchise/offensive playmaker after trading down the last few years - of course, that could be an argument for TRich as well).

God I hope you are wrong. At #4 no way! Matt Flynn or RG3 will be QB1 in 2012 in Cleveland bro.
diemertsdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote