Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
lotusfather
Rookie

lotusfather hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Cool If we lose Mike Wallace...

We don't have the cap room to tag him or sign him to the deal he wants long term, so we are going to use the highest RFA Tender we can on him and hope no one signs him.

I think he is gone. He is still very young with no off field or injury concerns who has proven he can play in this league. IMO, most GM's and coaches would rather have all that than a chance that the WR they get in the draft turns out to be a good player.

So. My question is this. What team do you think is most likely to sign him, and who do we choose with the pick we would acquire?
lotusfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusfather View Post
We don't have the cap room to tag him or sign him to the deal he wants long term, so we are going to use the highest RFA Tender we can on him and hope no one signs him.

I think he is gone. He is still very young with no off field or injury concerns who has proven he can play in this league. IMO, most GM's and coaches would rather have all that than a chance that the WR they get in the draft turns out to be a good player.

So. My question is this. What team do you think is most likely to sign him, and who do we choose with the pick we would acquire?
I'm not sure of any team that's interested, but you'd have to think a team that has 2 first round draft picks.

Cleveland jumps to mind. Gets a receiver from a rival plus they know what they're getting and they don't have to spend a draft pick on an unknown receiver.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No chance the browns sign Wallace. Wallace is good but who gives up the 4th overall pick for him? The Pats or '9ers are my guess. The pats have two late first round picks so they can afford to get rid of one and the '9ers need a deep threat and also have a late first round pick.

The Steelers really just cleared the cap space so if Wallace signs somewhere else for a reasonable contract we can just match it and sign him. If he doesn't get offered a contract that drives down his price and we get him for a good deal. If someone offers him a huge contract and over pays we at least get compensation and get a first round pick for him.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be surprised if the Steelers lose him. The Ravens have stated they don't have interest because of cap issues. And while I see the Patriots as a viable candidate, they typically don't like to give away their draft picks, especially early ones, unless they are trading back to gain more picks. I think San Francisco could be a definite possibility, and I think two dark horse candidates would be Kansas City (especially if they don't retain Dwayne Bowe) and Chicago, who hasn't had a legit receiver in quite some time. A top 20 pick would definitely soften the blow of losing Mike Wallace, but again, I don't think we are going to lose him, or Brown next year.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote