Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Seriously, did Loomis actually say "he's not great" or is it just implied, since he said he's "very good"?

We're in the process of restructuring Will Smith and others supposedly, I can't see this not happening. Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton have an absolutely raging boner for Drew.

Yes NYG, Benson was DYING to move the team, and was forced to stay here, and after we were successful, and he realized he can make a fortune by actually going out and competing in free agency.... he wants to pretend that he's all about New Orleans. Fairweather fans have forgotten, but Tom Benson is still a snake to me.
Damn, I think I am getting your GM confused with your owner. Some reason I think Loomis was the owner. But yeah Benson was the guy I didn't like!

What's his stance on this? Pay Brees or quietly let the GM handle it, without having to take a public stance either way?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be pretty pissed if i were Brees. I mean what more could he possibly do to show that he is one of the greatest players in the league both on and off the field? If anyone deserves to get paid it's Brees, but they are seriously going to try to pass off calling him a "very good QB"? Come on. That ain't right.

You pay Brees whatever he wants, and deal with your other problems later. The guy practically saved this team.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Out of curiosity I would like to see Brees in another offense in a cold weather city.
You mean somewhere like, say, Kansas City?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one of the most obvious agent-planted reports I've ever seen.

It's a negotiating ploy. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact that we have a thread about it is playing right into the agents hands....
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brees isn't going anywhere but I've heard that Colston won't be back.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Isn't this the same owner that wanted to move the team? I thought it was this owner.

You can't be cheap with Brees. If you are then, he should leave and go somewhere they will pay him. They should break the bank and make it rain. Brees deserves it.
Tom Benson is the owner. Not Mickey Loomis.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
This is one of the most obvious agent-planted reports I've ever seen.

It's a negotiating ploy. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact that we have a thread about it is playing right into the agents hands....
Drew! Drew, it's your agent. Yeah. The guys at NFLDC made the post. Now we're in the drivers seat!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is just smoke and mirrors. Brees and the Saints organization will get something worked out. The situation might not even be as bad as it's being made out to be in the media. There is still plenty of time to get a deal done.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Drew! Drew, it's your agent. Yeah. The guys at NFLDC made the post. Now we're in the drivers seat!
I know you are being funny, but I hope you realize what I meant. The Saints being portrayed in the media as unwilling to pay him what they deem "GREAT QB $" is what the Brees camp wants. I don't mean NFLDC specifically. Ass.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had he won the Superbowl this year instead of when he did, I think NO have no qualms paying him what he wants.

Which is silly, because I think he's obviously just as good if not better than he was then, it's just if you take a Superbowl winning team in any given year, they won't win it or even make it all the time.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taking a home town discount is pretty much ******** for Brees. The Saints aren't the only team in the league that he can win games with. If he hits the open market he can actually get paid what he is worth and still go to a team that would be as capable of winning games as the Saints. Its not like the entire Saints roster is that great to begin with, and I'd argue that if he wound up on a team like the Seahawks or Bengals, his production might go down, but he'd still be going to the playoffs every year.

Also, wouldn't it actually be cheaper to pay Brees the franchise tag number for this year instead of signing him to a long-term contract? I know that isn't ideal, but I'd have to assume the average of the top 5 salaries is less than what Brees is worth on a new 2012 contract.

Either way though, I hope he stays in New Orleans because they're the only team in that division that is worth a damn as long as he is on the roster. The Falcons still have to add a pass rush of some sort before I'm ready to take them seriously in the playoffs.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Th30ry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
Brees breaks the single season passing record by 400 yards and he is not a "great" QB? Who is then?
Only problem with this is it was a target by the team to get that record, they were throwing late into blowouts (not saying they're the only team that does this) but it taints the record for me.

Now with that being said I do think Brees is a great QB, but not because of some inflated passing record.
Th30ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT quoting Yahoo! Sports . . .

The credibility rating there should be about as high as quoting me when I say I heard it from a talking dog.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have to pay Brees, but part of me wonders if he's really an elite QB or more of a Kurt Warner.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They have to pay Brees, but part of me wonders if he's really an elite QB or more of a Kurt Warner.
There is no part of me that questions the fact that Warner was, at least for a time, an elite QB worthy of an elite salary. I'm not sure what you were trying to imply, but Warner has some of the most dominant stretches of QB play I can remember. Dude gets hated on around these parts.

I don't know what NFL some people were watching this year, but I watched 6 or 7 saints games and Drew Brees was playing the QB position as effectively as anyone in the NFL. Yes, even Rodgers, but that isn't the debate. I'm pretty sure Brees is a unanimous Top 3 QB, I'm not sure what's more elite then that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
Agree completely. Brees shouldn't be asking for 22m a year if he wants his teammates to stay and the Saints to remain a Super Bowl contender. I understand his agent would just be doing his job, trying to get the best deal possible, but you would think Brees would see the bigger picture as well.
Yeah, if he asks for 22 mil I highly doubt we would be able to keep anyone. Matter of fact, we would have to get rid of some people to get to 22 mil.

Quote:
Seriously, did Loomis actually say "he's not great" or is it just implied, since he said he's "very good"?

We're in the process of restructuring Will Smith and others supposedly, I can't see this not happening. Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton have an absolutely raging boner for Drew.

Yes NYG, Benson was DYING to move the team, and was forced to stay here, and after we were successful, and he realized he can make a fortune by actually going out and competing in free agency.... he wants to pretend that he's all about New Orleans. Fairweather fans have forgotten, but Tom Benson is still a snake to me.
I remember this, trying to move to OKC. Stupid owner. I hate him dancing with the umbrella :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
They are going to lose Tracy Porter as well.
You act like that is a terrible thing.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isn't going any where. In the end Saints will pay him.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Lmao! Kurt Warner was atrocious unless he had hall of fame caliber receivers and pro bowlers lined up on both sides. Brees threw for 5000 yards with Marques Colston barely playing, and Lance Moore being his top wideout.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is disgusting! I hope Brees leaves and spanks the Saints asses next year. He shouldnt stand for this ********!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah but guys...Drew Brees is short
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yeah but guys...Drew Brees is short
Yeah suppose. Anyone QB under 6'0 doesnt deserve to get paid big no matter how good he is.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-02-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees is proof that every single college guy that is around 6' can be a supahstar!!
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Yeah, if he asks for 22 mil I highly doubt we would be able to keep anyone. Matter of fact, we would have to get rid of some people to get to 22 mil.
Yeah this is true. If i were Drew Brees i'd be accepting 10mill and demanding we sign Vincent Jackson with the leftover money.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-02-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Drew Brees is proof that every single college guy that is around 6' can be a supahstar!!
This is the thing i hate most. You get a 6'0 college quarterback and suddenly he's the next Drew Brees. Its like people dont realsise out of 20 million 6 foot or under quarterbacks, Drew Brees is the only good one.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yeah this is true. If i were Drew Brees i'd be accepting 10mill and demanding we sign Vincent Jackson with the leftover money.
So if you were Drew Brees you would be okay with being paid like the 25th highest paid?