Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bly signs new 5 year deal with Denver

It's on ESPN news right now. 5 year 33 million.
No link yet unfortunately.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2816020

yup you r right

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does this mean he may want to reconsider?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh god i just realized... 5 years, 33 mil

we will miss you, Al. Thanks for playing 8 great years.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Yeah, Al Wilson>Dre Bly.

Al Wilson is the second most important player on your team, right after Champ.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously, the Broncos feel like Al Wilson was replacable in their defense, and that the benefits of an amazing CB duo would compensate them for the loss of Wilson. You can't have a perfect team in every respect in the NFL anymore. Some places will be weak, and some veterans have to move on. I like Al Wilson, and I wish him luck.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Yeah, Al Wilson>Dre Bly.

Al Wilson is the second most important player on your team, right after Champ.
Not after he's suffered numerous injuries to his spine, neck and thumbs. I have a feeling he may never be the same player again after that neck injury against Seattle (where he was carted off against his own will).

Last edited by JCutlery : 03-28-2007 at 02:57 PM.
JCutlery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Now Wilson can be shipped out without fans getting too pissed.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Now Wilson can be shipped out without fans getting too pissed.
oh, ill be pissed, and those that say he may never be the same player again... uh he came back a few weeks later and played lights out.. this isnt like darrly stingley. he' still al.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
oh, ill be pissed, and those that say he may never be the same player again... uh he came back a few weeks later and played lights out.. this isnt like darrly stingley. he' still al.

Uhhh.. Wilson had 11 tackles the last three games after that injury. I wouldn't call that "lights out".
Old 03-28-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson's body of work as a Bronco speaks for itself. There is no need to undermine his accomplishments and the fans' attachment to him just because he suffered some injuries.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-28-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to know Bly won't be playing for a contract this season and that Wilson won't be running the front seven.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Wilson's body of work as a Bronco speaks for itself. There is no need to undermine his accomplishments and the fans' attachment to him just because he suffered some injuries.
I never undermined anything. I'm just saying the Broncos' coaching staff feels Wilson will never be same after that said injury and that he is now on the outs unless he renegotiates his contract.

And in case you haven't noticed, I am a Bronco fan.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I wasn't speaking to you specifically. If I was, I would have quoted you. It was a general statement. I'm not disagreeing with anyone here. You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm glad you are backing it up. Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you.

But, you can't blame my assumption since you posted right after me and you didn't quote me in your last response either.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and we all know that the tackle statistic is the end all be all of defensive ability.
Yeah, and I also watched those games. Does that count?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
based on what, exactly?
The organization's excuse of "Well we tried to give him a contract extension, but his asking price was too high" AKA He wouldn't take a home-town discout so we had to trade him. AKA He doesn't care that much about Denver, so it's ok.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Players move on. Teams have to make moves, and fans have to live with it. Wilson has a few more productive years left, but he'll be okay. He was part of the heart and soul of that defense. I think the coaching staff will miss him quite a bit next season.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Since when does talent = importance? Wilson is still quite skilled, enough to be top half of current MLB. However, he is to his defense like Ray Lewis is to Baltimore... that leadership alone makes him vastly important.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a dumb move by the Broncos. You can't underestimate the effect a talented and experienced MLB has on a defense. I hope Wilson ends up on a good team.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously, the Broncos feel like Al Wilson was replacable in their defense, and that the benefits of an amazing CB duo would compensate them for the loss of Wilson. You can't have a perfect team in every respect in the NFL anymore. Some places will be weak, and some veterans have to move on. I like Al Wilson, and I wish him luck.
Very well put! :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Since when does talent = importance? Wilson is still quite skilled, enough to be top half of current MLB. However, he is to his defense like Ray Lewis is to Baltimore... that leadership alone makes him vastly important.
More like Money = Importance. If you're making 5.2 million, then you better be earning it in this business, I guess.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice that they were able to lock up Bly. It allows Bates to be more aggressive and to change the tempo of the game.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I was surpised that the Broncos spent that much on Graham. I'm also surprised Graham really wanted to go to Denver to play second fiddle to Scheffler...

Old 03-28-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
i have no idea if you're serious, because that's flawed. i don't want him to take a pay cut, i want them to stop throwing money, pacman style, at daniel fricking graham and keep players we need.
Yeah, Daniel Graham was a case of the Broncos being too stubborn to let a team beat them in the offseason. Seattle was on their way to stealing both Graham and Kerney from us and the Broncos caved and blew their whole offseason wad on a blocking tight end. Dumb, I know.