Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Full First Round with Full Steelers Mock

Round 1

1. Colts- Andrew Luck QB Stanford
Colts have to take him whether Manning comes back or not he is the best prospect at QB for the last 20 years.

2. Rams- Ryan Kalil OT USC
This is a pretty likely place for a trade but the problem is Kalil is a once in a decade LT. So unless someone gives up a lot I think the Rams sit because Kalil does not get past the Vikes. So 50/50 chance for a trade.

3. Vikings- Michael Brockers DT LSU
Vikes need to get younger and quicker up front. Brockers is a good value and safe pick.

4. Browns- RG3 QB Baylor
I feel if the Rams sit the Vikes jump on a trade but this would be a perfect draft for the Browns. Not giving up anything and getting the player they want.

5. Bucs- Morris Claiborne CB LSU
Barber canít play for ever and Talib might be heading to jail. Claiborne is a great value and a nice need for the Bucs.

6. Redskins- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St.
Either the Phins, Skins, and Clowns probably get Matt Flynn. The problem is the Pack might franchise Flynn at which teams might cool on him. I like Flynn but wouldnít give up the 4th, 6th, or 8th pick for him and a big contract. And if Flynn is franchised he can sit behind Rodgers and earn 14.4 million so why would he take 10 million a year somewhere else?

7. Jags- Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
I feel rush DE will be at a premium with the Giants winning the Super Bowl. I feel Coples play this year was sub par and if I just went off of this years tape he is a 3rd round pick. His Jr. tape shows a first round pick though. And his athleticism is not something you can teach.

8. Phins- Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
Last year a few teams reached on QBís and I feel the Phins could be one of those teams this year. It is a big need and they have a new coach. If the Phins donít get Flynn I could see them reaching on a QB or trading down. The problem is I have 6 elite players in this draft so I donít see #8 being a hot commodity unless someone unexpectedly falls.

9. Panthers- Devon Still DT PSU
Still is a dynamic pass rusher who can effectively slash double teams and put pressure on the QB. An interior presence like Still gives and edge rusher like Charles Johnson a lot more one-on-ones and helps his production. Also, when Still blasts up the middle it forces the QB to move around which will give Johnson some nice easy sacks.

10. Bills- Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
Like I said DE will be a hot commodity and Ingram might not have all the physical attribute you want but he has a motor and production. And Marv Levy will like him, he reminds me of Bruce Smith a little.

11. Chiefs- Dontari Poe DT Memphis
I think some team will fall in love with his size and athleticism and over draft Poe. He has the potential to be an elite player but that potential has not translated on the field. In shorts he looks like a top 5 pick. On tape he looks like a 3rd round pick. But if a team can coach him up he is a steal at #11 and the 3rd DT of the board.

12. Hawks- Trent Richardson RB Alabama
Richardson falls because the need for a three down back is not like it used to be. But the Hawks are in need of an elite back and Richardson fits the bill.

13. Cards- Riley Rieff OT Iowa
Cards need some help up front and Riley is a day one LT.

14. Boys- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
The boys need a shut down CB and Kirkpatrick has that kind of potential. He is big, fast, and sticks to his man like glue.

15. Eagles- Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College
The eagles need a presence up the middle and Kuechly is a tackling machine. Day one starter and immediately improves their defense.

16. Jets- Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
The Jets only had 35 sacks as a team and the team leader had 6. Upshaw has been a productive player on a talented team in the SEC. That has to say something.

17. Bengals(Oak)- Lamar Miller RB Miami
This is kind of a free pick for the Bengals and they take maybe the best pure RB in the draft. Miller has elite sub 4.4 speed and has been very productive while leaving a lot of tread on the tires.

18. Bolts- Fletcher Cox DE/DT Mississippi St
With Castillo being cut this opens up a big need on defense. Cox has some problems but the talent is obviously there. And question marks didnít stop them from drafting Castillo in the first round.

19. Bears- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
If Da Bears donít take a WR they might as well put Cutler on IR now. He needs a primary target and Floyd is a perfect fit. Big, fast, and has glue for hands.

20. Titans- David DeCastro OG Stanford
CJ2K had no room to run up the middle. DeCastro is a dominant run blocker and will immediately help open up holes.

21. Bengals- Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois
Bengals get a pass rusher off the edge they need so badly.

22. Browns(Atl)- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
Big body WR who can get deep and gets the ball in traffic. This gives RG3 a nice target to throw to.

23. Lions- Mark Barron S Alabama
Lions get a playmaker on defense which they desperately need. Barron has top 15 talent but might not be able to run before the draft so he slips a little. And right into the Lions mouth. :p

24. Steelers- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
The way this draft fell the Steelers would have plenty of options. Besides Martin thereís Adams and Glenn on the O-line. They also have Dontía Hightower and Nick Perry at the LB positions. But when I look at the Steelers roster and who is on the board Martin makes sense. He is a dominate run blocker who has good enough feet and strength to anchor the blind side. This moves Colon to guard where I feel he is better suited. I feel Pouncey and Colon would be dynamic for run blocking in the middle while Gilbert and Martin would do a great job of holding the edges. Maybe we keep Ben upright most of the year.

25. Broncos- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St.
Bunkley is a nice run stuffer but the Broncos donít have much for a pass rush up the gut. Worthy dominated the Wisconsin tough o-line and has been an animal this offseason.

26. Texans- Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
Yes, I did it. I feel Hill really improved his stock this offseason and for a team like the Texans they can teach Hill to run routes opposite of Johnson but in the mean while the 6-4 215lbs Hill can go deep. Itís what he does best.

27. Pats(NO)- Nick Perry OLB USC
The Texans still Hill out from under Billyís nose. But Perry is a perfect hybrid DE/OLB for the pats defense.

28. Pack- Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia
The Pack need a rush opposite of Clay Matthews. Irvin is a freak athlete who can do one thing extremely well, and thatís getting after the QB.

29. Rats- Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
I feel Grubbs is all but gone and Glenn is a great value for the Rats at 29.

30. Ď9ers- Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
Jenkins is a top 10 player but off the field issues drop him to the bottom of the first.

31. Pats- Kendall Wright WR Baylor
Wright falls due to his slow 40 time but he plays fast on tape and the quick shifty WR is exactly what the Pats like.

32. Giants- Mike Adams OT Ohio St.
Adams is best suited at RT and McKenzie is a free agent and might just retire. Keeps the Giants line big and tough.

Steelers Full Mock-

RD2- Alameda Taíamu NT Washingon
The Steelers could go with several NT if available but I feel Taíamu and Chapman fit the best for the 3-4. I went Taíamu because he is a Samoan and you know how we love our Samoans. 

RD3- Isaiah Pead RD Cincinnati
Pead is a big play back who is dangerous in space. Mendy is out for the year and Redman is a pound it out back. Pead and Redman would be a nice one, two punch.

RD4- Brandon Taylor S LSU
Taylor is a fast physical safety who seems to have been overshadowed by Peterson and Claiborne the last two season. But Taylor has put up some good number of his own and seems to play his best versus the best competition.

RD5- Tank Carder ILB TCU
Carder is a very instinctive linebacker who can cover side to side. He might need to ad some weight but he would push for playing time right away and give us some insurance incase Sly is not the guy for ILB.

RD6- Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M
Judie has great athleticism and had a very good Junior year. He missed 6 games due to injury this year and never really got on track. He is raw but at 6ft 194lbs he ran a 4.44 forty with a 1.51 10-Yard split. He also had a 37 inch vert and a 126Ē Broad jump. Great athlete with first round physical ability.

RD7- Dale Moss WR South Dakota
I just love this former B-Ball players hands and ability to adjust to the ball. He isnít fast but I feel he would make a nice red zone target and should understand how to sit in zones and find gaps.

UDFA- Bradie Ewing FB Wisconsin
Ewing only put up 14 reps at the combine following in the Wisconsin theme of poor weight room training. But I like Ewing as a FB because he is versatile. He can catch, pass block, and is very smart. I feel we can put him in a weight routine and he can gain strength.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote