Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3/5/12 - Mock Draft 5.0

A new mock draft, which will eventually be the first two rounder of the year, has been posted!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 03-06-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whohoooo redskins at 2!

In other news, hard to justify a right tackle at 7...surprised to see fletcher cox in the top 10, thought Michael Floyd might make a bigger jump, still can't get my head around hightower in the 1st, and most notably did not expect to see Kirkpatrick and Perry that low.

Last edited by DiG : 03-05-2012 at 07:32 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. It seems like Fletcher Cox and Devon Still have practically switched spots for you.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice job scott...the Zeitler pick for the 49ers is one i did not see coming but makes sense for a 49ers team that plays a physical style and is run heavy. I think Fleener may be the pick over Mike Adams though and this draft is deep on the o-line. The tight end class is pretty mediocre after the top three. The Giants will be w/out both their starting TEs and Fleener is BPA and fits a need.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Nice job scott...the Zeitler pick for the 49ers is one i did not see coming but makes sense for a 49ers team that plays a physical style and is run heavy. I think Fleener may be the pick over Mike Adams though and this draft is deep on the o-line. The tight end class is pretty mediocre after the top three. The Giants will be w/out both their starting TEs and Fleener is BPA and fits a need.
Not at OT.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be thrilled with that Patriots draft. Great value in Kirkpatrick and a great fit in Branch

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fletcher Cox in the Top 10 was indeed the surprise that I had alluded too.

Can't imagine many have him that high, but people in the league love the guy and he definitely isn't escaping the Top 20 overall. It kind of reminds me of Corey Liuget's situation last year.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great job Scott, here's my feed back

4) Blackmon might be a higher rated prospect than Richardson. Especially if they miss out on RG3 and have to stick with McCoy for another year.

6) Rams at 6 getting blackmon is too clean. This is a player they should be thinking about at 2. They will do their trade down, get there and find out the guys they really want like Kalil and Blackmon are long gone. forced to reach on Reiff or value pick TR.

7) Reiff is way overrated right now. he did nothing at the combine to promote himself to top 10 status. In fact, I'd rather have Cordy Glenn and the case could be made Glenn is a better prospect by every measure.

9) Cox at 9 is not that surprising. Poe could be in that spot as well. both players had beastly workout numbers.

12) I don't think Tannehill is worth that pick, but I can see it happening. Tannehill hasn't done anything recently to make himself worth that pick. People talk about POnder and Locker, they showed well at Senior Bowl. Tannehill what are you drafting him on, his film as a junior? Luke Kuechly is a much higher graded player and fills a need there (as you say in your description).

13) The Cards need Martin but they probably take a Glenn or Decastro. They value tough guys. Martin is a finesse player, JMO. That's a pretty good pick, im nitpicking there.

14) Is mark Barron really a mid first? Like tannehill this player has done nothing recently to prove he's worthy of that pick. Unlike tannehill he plays a position no one values. Dre has to be drafted before Barron.

15) The eagles probably value Hightower just as much if not more than Kuechly. remember the wide 9 defense was most successful with bigger guys like Trotter and Stewart Bradley. I suspect they will sign a FA MLB like Lofton or Tulloch... possibly Lofa Tatupu. And they draft a DT or something like that. It's the Andy Reid way!

16) if the Jets get Ingram I'll be extremely happy. That's why it probably won't happen. The Jets don't get that kind of luck in the draft. realistically I could see the Jags really valuing Ingram (and they don't care about "reaching"). Hightower as the Jets fall back plan. He can replace Bart Scott or possibly play OLB at 260.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Last edited by bitonti : 03-05-2012 at 09:11 AM.
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Browns don't make the moves to get Griffin they deserve to be the type of team that picks a RB 4th overall. I don't care how good Richardson is, with so many good players available at the 4th pick I would never waste it on a RB.

I'd take Floyd over Reiff at #7 personally. I don't think NFL teams are worried about Floyd's character. Then again it is Gene Smith.

I'm glad to see Cox, and Poe over Brockers, I think whatever team drafts Brockers early will regret it. 18 isn't terrible (top 10 would be) but I still am not sold on him being better than Still or Worthy.

If both Floyd and Jenkins go that late, which I admit is possible because NFL teams are sometimes groupthinking idiots, then whatever teams end up with them late in the 1st will get the steals of the draft.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
great job Scott, here's my feed back

4) Blackmon might be a higher rated prospect than Richardson. Especially if they miss out on RG3 and have to stick with McCoy for another year.

6) Rams at 6 getting blackmon is too clean. This is a player they should be thinking about at 2. They will do their trade down, get there and find out the guys they really want like Kalil and Blackmon are long gone. forced to reach on Reiff or value pick TR.

7) Reiff is way overrated right now. he did nothing at the combine to promote himself to top 10 status. In fact, I'd rather have Cordy Glenn and the case could be made Glenn is a better prospect by every measure.

9) Cox at 9 is not that surprising. Poe could be in that spot as well. both players had beastly workout numbers.

12) I don't think Tannehill is worth that pick, but I can see it happening. Tannehill hasn't done anything recently to make himself worth that pick. People talk about POnder and Locker, they showed well at Senior Bowl. Tannehill what are you drafting him on, his film as a junior? Luke Kuechly is a much higher graded player and fills a need there (as you say in your description).

13) The Cards need Martin but they probably take a Glenn or Decastro. They value tough guys. Martin is a finesse player, JMO. That's a pretty good pick, im nitpicking there.

14) Is mark Barron really a mid first? Like tannehill this player has done nothing recently to prove he's worthy of that pick. Unlike tannehill he plays a position no one values. Dre has to be drafted before Barron.

15) The eagles probably value Hightower just as much if not more than Kuechly. remember the wide 9 defense was most successful with bigger guys like Trotter and Stewart Bradley. I suspect they will sign a FA MLB like Lofton or Tulloch... possibly Lofa Tatupu. And they draft a DT or something like that. It's the Andy Reid way!

16) if the Jets get Ingram I'll be extremely happy. That's why it probably won't happen. The Jets don't get that kind of luck in the draft. realistically I could see the Jags really valuing Ingram (and they don't care about "reaching"). Hightower as the Jets fall back plan. He can replace Bart Scott or possibly play OLB at 260.
Thanks for weighing in Matt, love the feedback!

Going to come on the podcast later this month and do the live mock with us again?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

No way do we take Reiff.

BK on the sig
JagWired32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty standard (but great) KC pick.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills are going with a 4-3 defense. Upshaw will be wasted if he has to become a defensive end instead of an OLB in a 3-4.

Kirkpatrick or Janoris Jenkins would be a much better pick for the Bills in my opinion.
papageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop calling Dontari standard vid!

I like the two picks for the Pats. I feel like Branch will be a goddamn stud in this league.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Thanks for weighing in Matt, love the feedback!

Going to come on the podcast later this month and do the live mock with us again?
anytime man, I love those calls

Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
billsfootball15
Rookie

billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I called it yesterday Scott that it was Fletcher Cox in the top 10!

A couple of things i have questions on tho:
-I don't understand why Nick Perry is consistently mocked so low by everyone! I dont get it, the man tested out great at the combine, played well this year and has more tape to back it up than say a Whitney Mercilus does. Ive been mocking Perry to my Bills at 10 but then i see other people with him consistently in the 20's. I feel like there's strength and athleticism to certainly build on and he looks more fluid of an athlete than upshaw and has a better motor than coples. I'm hoping you could let me know whats holding Perry back from a scout's perspective of being a top 15 pick.
-Did kendall wright "fall" at all because of that 40 time or does it not concern you? For me he plays so much faster and displays so much athleticism in game (ala the tip toe vs kansas st) that im almost disregarding his 40.
-For a team at the end of the first round who is WR needy, like the Pats, Texans, Niners, Ravens, even the Bengals, Bears or Browns, do you think its worth it to surrender a first round pick to sign Mike Wallace from the Steelers assuming the teams have the cap. Or do you really think 2-3 years down the line that Ruben Randle, Sanu, Wright, or Stephen Hill can actually become better players.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.
billsfootball15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we don't take Zeitler in the first. Good talent but I would much much rather we find a partner and move back if the board shook out as such...maybe someone who desires Mike Adams ?
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Pretty standard (but great) KC pick.
This (10 char)
Old 03-05-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfootball15 View Post
A couple of things i have questions on tho:
-I don't understand why Nick Perry is consistently mocked so low by everyone! I dont get it, the man tested out great at the combine, played well this year and has more tape to back it up than say a Whitney Mercilus does.
perry is a tweener and yes he could go as high as 10 or 12 like Shawne merriman or Brian Orakpo, chances are he could fall to as late as the 3rd round like Dontay Moch or Justin Houston. A good workout doesn't guaruntee top 12 picks if a tweener. Split the difference say he goes high 2 like Barwin or Woodley. All of these are pretty good players I guess the league finds it hard to value tweeners unless they are complete beasts. I don't think he's like a Merriman or Rak.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My opinions:

-- Barron won't go that high at all. Could actually see him moving out of the first round altogether. I could see Gilmore moving into the back end of Round 1.

-- I don't think Poe will go that high. The film on him isn't that impressive. Reminds me of Bruce Campbell getting mocked in the top 10 last year but falling far down in the draft. Poe's a great athlete and his film is better than Campbell, but - Matt Miller at nfldraftscout said he watched film and didn't see Poe come off a block for pressure once in 3 games he watched.

-- I love Glenn to the Lions. We need more of that.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see the Lions passing on Kirkpatrick for Glenn. I have heard that the Lions love Cordy Glenn ( I do aswell). However, the Lions feel like they can pass on the O-line as long as they have all the other pieces in the offense in place. With our problems on Defense, most notibly the secondary, I can not picture letting an elite prospect like Kirkpatrick pass. Even if we feel he is not a pure cover corner, he would be a huge upgrade over Speviey at FS. Allowing Delmus to get in the box and Kirkpatrick to roam. Just too much upside at a postion of need to let him slip. In addition, over the years Mayhew has shown that he will favor high ceiling skill players over the more conservative choice.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRogers92 View Post
My opinions:

-- Barron won't go that high at all. Could actually see him moving out of the first round altogether. I could see Gilmore moving into the back end of Round 1.

-- I don't think Poe will go that high. The film on him isn't that impressive. Reminds me of Bruce Campbell getting mocked in the top 10 last year but falling far down in the draft. Poe's a great athlete and his film is better than Campbell, but - Matt Miller at nfldraftscout said he watched film and didn't see Poe come off a block for pressure once in 3 games he watched.

-- I love Glenn to the Lions. We need more of that.
Poe is thought of very highly in NFL circles. On film, you see Poe getting double and sometimes triple teamed on plays, nearly impossible to shed those blocks. There were times he played DE for nearly a whole stretch of the game and though he actually set the edge well, he wasn't going to get to the QB. Upside is huge with him, he'll go high...very high.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4) Dont think the Browns would draft Richardson. He might be a better player than Blackmon but #4 is too high for a running back like Trent. We saw Adrian Peterson go 7th and he was better than Richardson so him going top 4 doesnt make sense IMO. If the Browns dont trade up they'll go for Blackmon or Claiborne.

6) When the Browns take Claiborne/Blackmon the Bucs would take the player left from those two. This would leave them having to take either Reiff or Michael Floyd. Floyd would be my guess because he eradicated all his worries by running sub 4.5.

7) The jags pick is a hard one. Personally i think they HAVE to get weapons for Gabbert so they'll just go BPA at WR here. Floyd might not fit the bill because of his past but Wright would make sense.

10) I think this is too high for Ingram. Is he a game changer? Is he an elite pass rusher? Does he have star potential? The answer to all these questions are no, so i dont think he'll be going as high as everything thinks he will go.

13) Martin will probably slide further than this and DeCastro is the much better prospect. If both are on the board i would be pretty confident they would take DeCastro.

Other than this i really like this mock draft. The Packers pick is very pleasing.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
ron292120
Rookie

ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, new poster here, though I've been a reader for quite a while.

My take on a few of the selections

4) I also don't think the Browns take Richardson. People tend to forget that the guy really making the decisions on the draft is Tom Heckert. Came from Philly. Line heavy drafters. He said in the end of year presser that picking at #4--a high pick-- that you want a player from an elite position. He listed them as QB, LT, DE and CB. IF they don't win the Griffin sweepstakes, I believe they either choose Claiborne or trade down ( maybe an eye on Tannehill?)

7) I think Reiff is more likely to Rams at 6 than Jags at #7. I don't think that the Jags are as down on their OT as to take one here. Agree that Coples is more likely.

13) and 17) I actually completely agree with the slotting here. If Levi Brown leaves in FA you need another OT. and makes the need strong enough to take Martin over Decastro. The Bengals make perfect sense after seemingly parting with Bobbie Williams.

14) See the Cowboys picking Kirkpatrick or Jenkins here, or rven a trade up to try to get Claiborne. Barron is more of a SS type, and I see him more as a 20-32 type guy personally.

22) Wright makes perfect sense if he is there, just keep in mind 2 other names. Cordy Glenn and Nick Perry. Heckert comes from Eagles program where they like undersized ends, and Perry fits the bill. The Browns also need a solution at RT, and Glenn is a real possibility.
ron292120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams trade down to collect more picks and still get the best Receiver in the draft, I love it.

I think Dontari Poe is a tad overrated, but he's got so much potential I could deffinetly see him going #11 overall.