Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not liking the fit with Reiff to Jacksonville, Gabbert needs weapons and the defense need help and they will likely go in one of the those directions instead of drafted another top 10 OT.

Either Poe or Cox will likely jump into the top 10 to Carolina, just depends on what they want to do. I'd say right now Poe is more likely to be drafted that high at this point.

Like another poster said I don't see Barron going that high. Teams will have bigger needs, and Dallas would be much better off drafting a CB. I saw you have Kirkpatrick falling very low, but I disagree and think he has a legit chance to go to the Cowboys at 14.

I don't like the Brockers fit to San Diego either, Nick Perry would be a great fit there.

I don't see how Randle would go ahead of Jeffery, Randle didn't do much to improve his stock IMO

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker
Dont think the Browns would draft Richardson. He might be a better player than Blackmon but #4 is too high for a running back like Trent. We saw Adrian Peterson go 7th and he was better than Richardson so him going top 4 doesnt make sense IMO. If the Browns dont trade up they'll go for Blackmon or Claiborne.
Thats not a fair assumption to make in regards to Trent. While Adrian was a superior talent he had pretty big durability concerns which is the reason he made it down to 7.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to not bother changing anything for the Cardinals pick :/

Boo martin
Old 03-05-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see many posters here share the same opinion as I do with Richardson to Cleveland at #4. I would seriously hate to see that. As you said in your mock Scott, there's talent later on and RB value has gone down. Plus, I'd still argue that WR is a bigger need. Heck I'd prefer Claiborne at that spot. Haden+Claiborne+Ward = Good freakin' luck.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

I think Dontari Poe is a tad overrated, but he's got so much potential I could deffinetly see him going #11 overall.
I have been following the draft seriously for over 10 years. In that time I cannot remember a DT that put up 44 reps, ran a 4.8 and was 350. Or even came close to those numbers.

People will wonder where the production is... and it's a fair question. but at the next level, he's not going to play a position where production is measured in stats. Look at the other top NT/DT types. Guys like Raji, Ngata, Dareus, they get about 3-5 sacks a year. Sometimes less.

Poe will be expected to set the table and occupy the middle. He can do that with a little upside for more. Like a Ted Washington or Vince Wilfork. But in way better shape.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love you Scott. Dre and Branch??! I nearly soiled myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams are in a great position in this draft, they have the opportunity to turn the franchise around.

Everyone is talking about the 2nd overall pick but also remember the Rams have the first pick in the 2nd round. Which could be a big trade chip for those teams wanting a guy who fell out of the first round.

Hopefully they can trade that pick this year and get a few extra picks, unlike 2010 when everyone said they were going to trade the pick and ended up taking Rodger Saffold. Not that that was a bad pick, it turned out to be a very good pick for us.

My big board for that selection that year....

1. Daryl Washington
2. Golden Tate
3. Sergio Kindle
4. Roger Safford
5. Arreliuos Benn
6. Rob Grankowski
Old 03-05-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Muaahahahaha
Old 03-05-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Muaahahahaha
Not sure if that's meant for me or not lol.....If so, I can dream can't I!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

It is, just so glad you don't have Daryl Washington
Old 03-05-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't really imagine a better first round for the Bengals. Hope it goes down like that.
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rams are in a great position in this draft, they have the opportunity to turn the franchise around.
JMO if the rams had balls they'd sit tight and take Kalil. Or RG3 if they think he's better than Bradford. They aren't gonna find a franchise left tackle at 6 or 33 or wherever.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
JMO if the rams had balls they'd sit tight and take Kalil. Or RG3 if they think he's better than Bradford. They aren't gonna find a franchise left tackle at 6 or 33 or wherever.
If they had balls?

I'm just fine with Bradford and Saffold.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they had balls?

I'm just fine with Bradford and Saffold.
The question should be whether or not you are "just fine" with Saffold & Smith.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com if you want to hear some awesome NFL talk with a Pro Football HoF voter and one of the committee who votes on post-season awards. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
The question should be whether or not you are "just fine" with Saffold & Smith.
Not really. If the Rams feel that they need to move on from Jason Smith there are plenty of players capable of playing Right Tackle either later in the draft or in Free Agency.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really. If the Rams feel that they need to move on from Jason Smith there are plenty of players capable of playing Right Tackle either later in the draft or in Free Agency.
This is an argument I have a problem with. NFL teams today don't have just one pass-rusher. They don't have just one guy who can threaten from one side. If you want your QB to not get killed, you need to have more than just a "serviceable" RT or just strictly a road-grader, you need a quality pass protector at LT & RT.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com if you want to hear some awesome NFL talk with a Pro Football HoF voter and one of the committee who votes on post-season awards. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
This is an argument I have a problem with. NFL teams today don't have just one pass-rusher. They don't have just one guy who can threaten from one side. If you want your QB to not get killed, you need to have more than just a "serviceable" RT or just strictly a road-grader, you need a quality pass protector at LT & RT.
I didn't say we didn't need a quality player at that spot. But we don't need to use a top five selection to fill it.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I didn't say we didn't need a quality player at that spot. But we don't need to use a top five selection to fill it.
And what i'm saying is that it wouldn't be a waste. With the wage scale set the way it is, we would be paying pretty legit money for another tackle to help protects our ridiculously overpaid QB. That said I would rather take a WR or CB with the pick anyway, just saying that Kalil at #2 wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
And what i'm saying is that it wouldn't be a waste. With the wage scale set the way it is, we would be paying pretty legit money for another tackle to help protects our ridiculously overpaid QB. That said I would rather take a WR or CB with the pick anyway, just saying that Kalil at #2 wouldn't be a bad pick at all.
No, it wouldn't be a bad pick. Heck if we stayed at #2, I would take Kalil over Blackmon.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, it wouldn't be a bad pick. Heck if we stayed at #2, I would take Kalil over Blackmon.
You've proven what I've known for a while...you are much smarter than the average Ram's fan, holt_bruce.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott you always give the Bengals some character issused player in the 1st and it never happens. They don't start draft character issused players till the 2nd round.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Pretty standard (but great) KC pick.
As I mentioned in another post, I'm warming up to the idea of the Chiefs taking Poe at #11. We've been without a true NT since Pioli got here and decided to switch to the Fairbanks 3-4.

I'd still prefer to get a vet like Soliai if he indeed hits the market. But if not, Poe would not be a terrible pick at that spot.

Although, I'm still curious why, with is physical gifts, did he not just dominate that conference.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe at 11?

Old 03-05-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely no way the Buffalo Bills take Courtney Upshaw at #10.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-If the Browns take Richardson at #4 they should just relegate the team to the Arena League.

-Bengals are in the best position ever. If they can make out with DeCastro and Jenkins they'll start dominating the AFC North in about a year and a half.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote