Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-05-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
broadstbullies
Rookie

broadstbullies smells like sex panther.

I don't see Cleveland going with Richardson, it seems like you have Blackmon at 6 because it justifies the Washington trade.

and i know it's sexy but Luke isn't going to Philly at 15. look for them to sign a FA MLB and draft a DT if there. But all 3 are gone by 15 in ur mock
Old 03-05-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Mike Adams miraculously fell past all the OT needy teams in the late teens and early 20's, I don't see how the Ravens could pass him up. Center and LT are an equal level of need but a LT of the same value will trump a an interior O-Lineman.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstbullies View Post
I don't see Cleveland going with Richardson, it seems like you have Blackmon at 6 because it justifies the Washington trade.

and i know it's sexy but Luke isn't going to Philly at 15. look for them to sign a FA MLB and draft a DT if there. But all 3 are gone by 15 in ur mock
Can you tell me what the Rams are going to do in Free Agency too?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how many Receivers the Rams take in this draft. If they don't sign Lloyd then they have four or five Wide Receivers that would be no higher than a #4 on any other team.

I wouldn't mind the Rams snagging up Stephen Hill or Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Spectre
Rookie

Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.

I'll join the chorus saying the Browns aren't likely to take Richardson. RB simply isn't a high priority for Heckert and I don't even know that I can see him drafting one in the 1st let alone Top 5. If we don't trade up for RGIII, I'd expect us to take Claiborne. Heckert loves DBs and had multiple studs at once in Philly. It's probably a crappy scenario for the Rams but Richardson would really surprise me at 4.
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am pretty sure if that pats draft happened.... id be the happiest guy on this site

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default right tackle at 7?

people just love to be wrong about the Jaguars pick on here. a right tackle at 7? come on!
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

solid miami pick
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas357 View Post
people just love to be wrong about the Jaguars pick on here. a right tackle at 7? come on!
Reiff is a monster though, no doubt he's a top 10 talent in this draft.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to make a rather outlandish comment and admit that I'd be happy if the Browns took two WR's with their first three picks. That's how bad this receiving corps is outside of Little.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the Titans' coaches, we're most likely going DEF in the 1st Round. Of course, that could simply be posturing on their part; but it does make sense to go DEF with that first pick.

Just some feedback from a homer's perspective...

I think that DE Whitney Mercilus makes sense. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Nick Perry, Vinny Curry, or Andre Branch got signifiant consideration as well because they all have speed to get after the QB. Plus, DT makes some sense given the quality at that position in this draft -- especially if someone like Michael Brockers, Devon Still, or Jerel Worthy is available. Even though CB Cortland Finnegan is likely to be gone in free-agency, I don't think the Titans will look at CB in the 1st Round because they really like Jason McCourty and Alterraun Verner (even though I think CB will be a mid-round consideration).

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Titans attempt to trade back from #20 and gain some picks since most of the positions of need (DE, DT, OG, etc.) could be available at a slightly lower pick.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:27 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfootball15 View Post
I called it yesterday Scott that it was Fletcher Cox in the top 10!

A couple of things i have questions on tho:
-I don't understand why Nick Perry is consistently mocked so low by everyone! I dont get it, the man tested out great at the combine, played well this year and has more tape to back it up than say a Whitney Mercilus does. Ive been mocking Perry to my Bills at 10 but then i see other people with him consistently in the 20's. I feel like there's strength and athleticism to certainly build on and he looks more fluid of an athlete than upshaw and has a better motor than coples. I'm hoping you could let me know whats holding Perry back from a scout's perspective of being a top 15 pick.
-Did kendall wright "fall" at all because of that 40 time or does it not concern you? For me he plays so much faster and displays so much athleticism in game (ala the tip toe vs kansas st) that im almost disregarding his 40.
-For a team at the end of the first round who is WR needy, like the Pats, Texans, Niners, Ravens, even the Bengals, Bears or Browns, do you think its worth it to surrender a first round pick to sign Mike Wallace from the Steelers assuming the teams have the cap. Or do you really think 2-3 years down the line that Ruben Randle, Sanu, Wright, or Stephen Hill can actually become better players.
* I wouldn't be shocked if Nick Perry sneaks into the Top 20 overall, but he works out better in shorts than he plays on the field. I think late first is about right for Perry.

* I don't think Kendall Wright's disappointing forty time at the Combine has affected his stock, at least not yet. Now if he runs a 4.6 at the Pro Day it will be a different matter... Also, keep in mind that many scouts had Wright timed considerably faster than the "official" 4.61.

* If I were a team like the Patriots, Ravens or 49ers I would definitely be willing to give up a first rounder for Mike Wallace. The guy is a proven commodity and maybe the best deep threat in the league. However, keep in mind that in addition to surrendering that first rounder Wallace will also command a huge contract. A late first rounder will probably command about $7.5 million over four years, whereas Wallace will cost five times that or more.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Absolutely no way the Buffalo Bills take Courtney Upshaw at #10.
Why?

Seems to make absolutely perfect sense to me.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
If Mike Adams miraculously fell past all the OT needy teams in the late teens and early 20's, I don't see how the Ravens could pass him up. Center and LT are an equal level of need but a LT of the same value will trump a an interior O-Lineman.
The Ravens did just draft an offensive tackle in the third round (Jah Reid) last year.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:43 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
The Ravens did just draft an offensive tackle in the third round (Jah Reid) last year.
And I was one of Jah Reid's biggest fans. However, the team clearly doesn't trust Oher or Jah as pass protectors on the left side as evident by the Bryant McKinnie acquisition. Oher's play took a noticeable drop off on the "blind side" but stepped back up this year on the right. So we're stuck with two 'RT only' in Jah and Oher and a crappy LT in McKinnie. So if there's a talented LT such as Adams on the board, I can't see how we can pass him up when there is a significant need there. Plug Adams in at LT and let Oher/Jah battle it out on the right side. Oher is a free agent next year so either we let he leaves and Jah takes over or he comes back and we have 3 quality young OT's which isn't the worst problem to have.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barron at 14 has me completely puzzled. Dallas has massive needs on the interior line and we pass on DeCastro? Same idea with CB. Although if you passed on Jenkins due to him not acing the interview process then I'd buy.

Ryan has said previously he likes interchangeable safeties and I can't buy Barron not being a liability against he pass.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Just made the second round of this mock live, check it out!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Just made the second round of this mock live, check it out!

Sigh Scott, Brandon Thompson does not fill any need or a productive role on the Patriots roster. They need someone who can penetrate and generate a pass rush from the inside on nickel or a 5 tech who can do the same. Thompson's game is exactly what Brandon Deaderick is. The Pats currently have Love, Deaderick, Pryor, Wilfork, and probably Gerard Warren to fill up that kind of 2 gapping role.

Harrison Smith would be a much better pick at 48.

The Ben Jones is pick ok, but it does fill a need, so I'll take it
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
ron292120
Rookie

ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just say no to Kirk Cousins. As a Browns fan, he might be a slight upgrade to Colt, but if you aren't getting RG3 or even Tannehill, than don't bother with QB in the draft...............
ron292120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid for the Titans.

Would prefer Nick Perry over Whitney rd 1. Dennard is a solid replacement for Finny, since it's very likely he's gone.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hightower and taamu fill 2 huge needs, not getting a guard would make me sad though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kirkpatrick is a nice value but Perry or Konz would probably be better selections unless the Patriots are sold on either Kirkpatrick or McCourty as a safety. Andre Branch would be a satisfactory pick and I could live with Thompson at 48, although based on some interviews my impression of Thompson is that he seems a little bit slow mentally which would be concerning to the Patriots. Ben Jones might be a slight reach and probably wouldn't really be worth choosing when you consider that Dan Connolly is likely to be re-signed and roughly as effective as Koppen.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Thompson is a really bad pick for the Patriots. Shea McClellin or Harrison Smith would both be much better selections. I'm OK with Ben Jones even though it might be a reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.

Doug Martin to the Ravens? He's a carbon copy of Ray Rice.

I'm not so sure they wouldn't want a change of pace, like a Lamar Miller or David Wilson, assuming one of those guys fell that far.
BoiseSt39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Brandon Thompson is a really bad pick for the Patriots. Shea McClellin or Harrison Smith would both be much better selections. I'm OK with Ben Jones even though it might be a reach.
I've noticed a lot of hate from Patriots fans regarding Thompson and would like to hear why people are so down on him. I'm a little bit concerned about him potentially being a slow learner or unable to handle a complex defensive scheme but that's probably something for the team to decide themselves; 6'2" is also a little bit short for a five-technique. That said, he has a stout build, he has an overwhelming bull rush, he plays very well in close quarters, and he has the ability to two-gap. Hopefully it's not a Clemson thing because it would be disappointing if everyone began to start ignoring entire football programs rather than evaluating players on an individual basis.