Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstbullies View Post
I don't see Cleveland going with Richardson, it seems like you have Blackmon at 6 because it justifies the Washington trade.

and i know it's sexy but Luke isn't going to Philly at 15. look for them to sign a FA MLB and draft a DT if there. But all 3 are gone by 15 in ur mock
agree 100%. I think Philly is gonna get mocked with Kuechly over and over, but in the end they take a DT or maybe even at OL there at 15. Cleveland at this point IMO is either gonna trade for Griffin or take Claiborne.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would be a wet dream if st louis traded 6 for wallace instead of taking blackmon
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I've noticed a lot of hate from Patriots fans regarding Thompson and would like to hear why people are so down on him. I'm a little bit concerned about him potentially being a slow learner or unable to handle a complex defensive scheme but that's probably something for the team to decide themselves; 6'2" is also a little bit short for a five-technique. That said, he has a stout build, he has an overwhelming bull rush, he plays very well in close quarters, and he has the ability to two-gap. Hopefully it's not a Clemson thing because it would be disappointing if everyone began to start ignoring entire football programs rather than evaluating players on an individual basis.
Thompson has the potential to be an elite run defender but offers literally nothing against the pass. Bearing in mind in most games the Patriots will be favoured to score quickly teams will likely have to play catch up. I don't see the value of a guy like Thompson in the second round, plus he is a lot shorter than BB would like.

I think Thompson needs to go to a 43 team and he could be a Broderick Bunkley type player. I don't like him in a 34

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hightower and Ta'amu would be perfect in the first two rounds. Then in round three get a guard like Nix or Brooks and I'm a very happy man.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
would be a wet dream if st louis traded 6 for wallace instead of taking blackmon
Would have to be a trade, because if they sign him they have to give the Steelers the second pick. And by wet dream, I'm assuming that you're a Steelers fan.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a misconception that Brandon Thompson can't pass rush.

Is he the second coming of Nick Fairley? Absolutely not.

However, he is actually pretty quick, moves well and was able to penetrate at the Senior Bowl.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd would be frustrating. I just don't trust him. First round talent but doesn't seem to deal with adversity well and that is what the Colts will have to deal with for a couple seasons while they rebuild.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quick question, but if the Browns wanted to go after Mike Wallace do they have to use their highest pick or could they use their pick in the 20's???

They desperately need a field streching wide receiver and to steal one away from a division rival while also filling a huge need makes a ton of sense to me. It would also put them in position to draft BPA at #4. I could see them grabbing Richardson in this scenario and their offense would look totally different.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I've noticed a lot of hate from Patriots fans regarding Thompson and would like to hear why people are so down on him. I'm a little bit concerned about him potentially being a slow learner or unable to handle a complex defensive scheme but that's probably something for the team to decide themselves; 6'2" is also a little bit short for a five-technique. That said, he has a stout build, he has an overwhelming bull rush, he plays very well in close quarters, and he has the ability to two-gap. Hopefully it's not a Clemson thing because it would be disappointing if everyone began to start ignoring entire football programs rather than evaluating players on an individual basis.
I simply just don't like his build for the 3-4. He needs to be able to stack and shed blocks and control linemen with his arms and I just don't think he has the build to do that effectively. BB consistently targets long limbed DEs with strength and the ability to anchor. Thompson just doesn't fit that mold. And then there's the whole Clemson thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With holes on the offensive line, defensive line, and corner, I doubt the Bears would go WR-TE in rounds one and two. But If they did, I can't say I'd be upset, especially getting such good value on Fleener. Don't like seeing Josh Robinson going to the Packers though. It would make it hard to root for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
Quick question, but if the Browns wanted to go after Mike Wallace do they have to use their highest pick or could they use their pick in the 20's???

They desperately need a field streching wide receiver and to steal one away from a division rival while also filling a huge need makes a ton of sense to me. It would also put them in position to draft BPA at #4. I could see them grabbing Richardson in this scenario and their offense would look totally different.
When a team signs a restricted free agent, they have to surrender their pick in the draft. Hurts the Browns, because they would have to give up their #4 and keep their #22. Helps the Bengals (keep 17, give up 21) and the Pats (keep 27, give up 31)
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the Ravens spending a high pick on a RB. With Rice on the team it's had to see them being able to utilize the backup enough for the pick to be worth it. Maybe if they had somebody besides Cameron as the offensive coordinator it would be different but as it stands the offense is moving away from the run and Rice isn't going to get a ton of carries that would wear him down. I like Martin a lot but I just don't see the backup RB having that much value to the team.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott, this is nitpicking but I don't think you realize that Packers GM Ted Thompson has a pathological obsession with taller cornerbacks, Josh Robinson would be the shortest cornerback he has ever drafted (in Green Bay or Seattle) by almost an inch. He's said publicly that he has a height requirement that varies by position, and for CBs it's almost certainly 5'11".

Also, Josh Robinson offers more value as a return man to a team who didn't just draft Randall Cobb last year.

So if you're entering this into any "post-combine second round mock competitions" that's not going to be a player-team match.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like after his Pro Day, there's absolutely no way that Orson Charles goes in the 2nd round.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd would be frustrating. I just don't trust him. First round talent but doesn't seem to deal with adversity well and that is what the Colts will have to deal with for a couple seasons while they rebuild.
There are people who would be upset with Jeffery in the SECOND? Hell, I'd be happy with him in the first.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i enjoy the giants mock.

but sanu so low makes me sad. I disagree with that projection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
There are people who would be upset with Jeffery in the SECOND? Hell, I'd be happy with him in the first.
That's because your team has a defense.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because your team has a defense.
Touche, good sir. Well played.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Why?

Seems to make absolutely perfect sense to me.
I agree we won't take Upshaw.

http://wgr550.com/twobillsdrive/12424329
Quote:
Many around western New York are of the belief that the Buffalo Bills are in the market to add a pass rusher through the draft, while most believe it will be with the tenth overall pick in April. For the third time in the past eight days, a member of the Bills have said that isn't necessarily the case.

The first two times it was said, was only in passing by head coach Chan Gailey and General Manager Buddy Nix. This time around, Nix gets a little bit more informative when speaking with Howard Simon and Jeremy White on WGR Sports Radio 550 Thursday morning.

"We cannot make it happen if it's not there, and that's the thing you've got to keep in mind," Nix said when speaking about the idea of taking a defensive end early. "If we go in and say 'We've got to have a pass rusher,' and we reach down and get one at the tenth pick that we've got graded in the third round, then we're setting ourselves back three or four years."

Nix continued.

"You've got to be disciplined enough where you stay with the integrity of all the work that 15 or 20 people have down for a year, and you don't get excited about trying to fill a need when the player can't play."

So what is it with this year's grouping of defensive ends that makes the Bills so apprehensive with the idea of using their first overall selection on one of them? Nix says it's more about the weaker players up top and the depth of the position later on.

"Pass rusher, or defensive end for us, is probably -- you question, you get a little nervous with the tenth pick," he told WGR. "But in the mid-rounds, it's probably as deep as I've seen it. So from the second round on there will be some guys that can come in and help you quick."

The first round group will likely consist of Quinton Coples, Melvin Ingram, Courtney Upshaw, Nick Perry and maybe a few others. Without naming names, the Bills GM described why he was so nervous about the group at the top.

"There's just some things you over-analyze, probably. You worry about height, you worry about arm length and that kind of thing. Bottom line really, you've got to make yourself come back to production. If he's always done it, there's a good chance he'll do it again."
The Bills tend to telegraph their picks, so DE seems safely out. I listened to that interview and he said there were DEs in the mid-rounds that could come in and make an impact, and also said there would be a CB worthy of the 10th pick. We'll see, but doubt the Bills will be going DE at #10.

Also, Bills won't be taking a LBer in the 2nd. They have publicly stated Barnett is playing Will in our new 4-3, so we won't be taking a 2nd round pick who won't play. Vinny Curry will likely be the pick since we won't be taking a DE in the first, or Stephen Hill is possible (GT connection) unless we somehow get Vincent Jackson because Nix has talked about the need for a big receiver who always open because of his size even when he is covered.

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Last edited by essential : 03-06-2012 at 01:38 PM.
essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron292120 View Post
Just say no to Kirk Cousins. As a Browns fan, he might be a slight upgrade to Colt, but if you aren't getting RG3 or even Tannehill, than don't bother with QB in the draft...............
If you dint get RG3 then dont take a QB at all. Tannehill included.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Scott, this is nitpicking but I don't think you realize that Packers GM Ted Thompson has a pathological obsession with taller cornerbacks, Josh Robinson would be the shortest cornerback he has ever drafted (in Green Bay or Seattle) by almost an inch. He's said publicly that he has a height requirement that varies by position, and for CBs it's almost certainly 5'11".

Also, Josh Robinson offers more value as a return man to a team who didn't just draft Randall Cobb last year.

So if you're entering this into any "post-combine second round mock competitions" that's not going to be a player-team match.
I'll definitely keep that in mind next time around. At one point while mapping out the mock I had Montana CB Trumaine Johnson going to Green Bay so that may be a better fit.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

essential,

It only makes sense for the Bills to deny their interest in a defensive end. Why let teams know who they have to trade ahead of to steal Coples, Upshaw or Ingram?

Old 03-06-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a solid first two picks. Given the Browns offense last year, I would think it's hard to complain about getting two promising playmakers, but....

QB in the 2nd is good but Cousins doesn't even have as many intangibles/physical tools as Dalton did. Adequate? I suppose but he strikes me as more a 3rd round type or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might be wrong. I didn't watch a lot of Vikings games and you probably saw more than I did from living in Minnesota, but didn't Erin Henderson have a really good year last season? From everything I've read, he was very impressive.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I'll definitely keep that in mind next time around. At one point while mapping out the mock I had Montana CB Trumaine Johnson going to Green Bay so that may be a better fit.
Trumaine Johnson definitely fits the physical frame of what Ted Thompson looks for in a CB, the only question being whether he's fast enough. The Packers definitely prefer tall cornerbacks who can run, as the five most recent corners he's drafted have been 6 feet tall and each ran a 4.5 or better at the combine or their pro days (Davon House is 6'0 1/2" and ran a 4.4, Brandon Underwood is 6'1" and ran a 4.48, Pat Lee is 6'0" and ran a 4.41, Will Blackmon is 6'0 1/4" and ran a 4.47, Michael Hawkins is 6'0 1/4" and ran a 4.41)... so there seems to be a trend here, but it doesn't seem to match up that well with what's available this year.

I would think that the top CB on their board (aside from the first round guys who will not be there at #28) would be Gilmore, but he's gone at #60, but Johnson is definitely 2nd if he runs well at his pro day. They could take Johnson anyway and move him to Safety, as whether or not Nick Collins comes back, they could use another safety (as neither Charlie Peprah nor M.D. Jennings are very good.)
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote