Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-07-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default RaiderNation's New Top 32 Big Board 3/7

Can Also be Seen at:
http://bloggingthedraft.com

Questions and comments are welcomed!

1 Andrew Luck QB Stanford*

Luck is the lock to be the #1 pick with Peyton gone, and Luck will likely have to fill his shoes early in his career.

2 Robert Griffin III QB Baylor*

RG3 was the star of the combine this year, locking himself in as the #2 pick in the draft to whatever team trades up for the talent QB.

3 Matt Kalil OT USC*

Kalil displayed outstanding athleticism for a 300lb athlete, and is basically a lock to go to Minnesota at 3 if they don’t trade down.

4 Morris Claiborne CB LSU*

Claiborne looked great in drills and ran a solid 40, and will be the 1st defensive player to be drafted.

5 Trent Richardson RB Alabama*

Richardson has the possibility to fall in this draft, but I’d say he’s the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson/Darren McFadden.

6 Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*

Blackmon doesn’t have elite size or speed, but is a reliable receiver that will give you consistent production with a good QB.

7 David DeCastro OG Stanford*

DeCastro is a rare OG prospect that looks like he will be a multiple time All Pro selection for whatever team drafts him.

8 Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College*

Kuechly is the complete package at LB backing up his incredible film with an awesome workout at the combine.

9 Riley Reiff OT Iowa*

Reiff isn’t a prospect most will fall in love with, but his is a tough blocker that can start from day 1 at either LT or RT in the NFL.

10 Dontari Poe DT/NT Memphis*

Poe is an extremely gifted athlete for his size, and can play multiple positions in a diverse defense scheme.

11 Quinton Coples DE UNC

Coples was an underachiever at UNC, but you have to love his size and athleticism that will translate very well to the NFL.

12 Melvin Ingram DE/OLB South Carolina

Ingram is a dynamic pass rusher that can come at the QB from all angles, and should make a 3-4 team very happy early in the draft.

13 Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama

Upshaw is looking more like a DE as the draft process has went on, and 3-4 teams could be scared away from him.

14 Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame

Floyd ran great at the combine, and really reminds me of a Hakeem Nicks type WR that could produce right away.

15 Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi State*

Cox is a very talented DT prospect that looks like a high potential pass rusher inside, and is a riser after the combine.

16 Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*

Kirkpatrick’s stock has went down some after his arrest, but his potential shutdown CB skills will entice a team to draft him early.

17 Kendall Wright WR Baylor

Wright ran a poor 40 time, but it’s obvious on film this kid can fly down the field with pads on and stretch the defense.

18 Nick Perry DE/OLB USC*

Perry is a very athletic pass rusher, that can likely play in either a 4-3 or 3-4 depending on what team drafts him.

19 Michael Brockers DT LSU**

Brockers is a massive project, but if he doesn’t bust he will give you a stud on your dline that can help the run and pass defense.

20 Cordy Glenn OT/OG Georgia

Glenn has seen his stock go up more and more since the Senior Bowl, and can play right away at likely all the positions on the oline except Center.

21 Lamar Miller RB Miami**

Miller is a 1 cut RB with homerun speed, and will likely need time before he turns into a Pro Bowl RB.

22 Mark Barron FS/SS Alabama

Barron likely won’t test extremely well at his pro day, but on the field Barron is by far the top Safety in this draft.

23 Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama

Jenkins doesn’t have the size you usually look for in a 1st round CB, but his skills and production have to impress you despite his off the field issues.

24 Mike Adams OT Ohio State

Adams is a huge OT with tons of experience, and likely will get a starting job as a rookie in the NFL.

25 Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB Illinois*

Mercilus is a 1 year wonder that has the potential to be a surprise pick very early in the draft.

26 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M

Tannehill will be the 3rd QB off the board, but his draft spot is dependent on where Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn sign.

27 Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*

Martin struggled at times with bull rushers, but if he can continue to get bigger and stronger he could be a very good starter during his career.

28 Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*

Jeffery’s stock remains stagnant as a late 1st round prospect after not running at the combine, and his pro day could determine where he gets drafted.

29 Peter Konz C Wisconsin*

Konz is a very talent Center with awesome size, and teams would love to draft him if the value/need is right.

30 Devin Still DT Penn State

Still was probably the best DT in college football last year, and can play in both the 4-3 and 3-4 schemes.

31 Dont’a Hightower ILB Alabama*

Hightower is another 1st round caliber Alabama prospect, and looks to be a very good thumper at ILB.

32 Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin

Zeitler is a NFL ready OG, that has also said he is willing to move inside to Center if a team thinks he can play there.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty decent effort but I still have some concerns:

Claiborne is a very decent CB prospect but he just doesn't have elite speed and I would be reluctant to take him in the top 5 because of it.
Just me, but I would prefer an elite prospect when I'm drafting top 5.

I disagree a bit on Richardson, at least until I see him run his 40. To be compared to Peterson and McFadden, you need elite speed. Drafting a RB in the top 5 just seems a bit of a waste in a passing league and I expect him to drop some.

While I like DeCastro, there is no way I would draft an OG in the top 10, he's very solid but that is just way too high for an OG.

I absolutely love Kuechly, and I could be totally wrong here, but I just have a hard time seeing a MLB going top 10. IMO, he deserves it but I have some reservations about it happening.

Until I see a much faster 40 on Kendall Wright's pro day, he's out of round 1 for me. When you are expected to run in the 3.50-4.40 range and you are small and run a 4,61, you are out of round 1. Just maybe, RG111 made him look a lot better than he really is.

I'm just not a Jeffery or Zeitler lover and I'll be shocked to see either go round 1. I haven't seen anything to warrant that high a pick.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post

Claiborne is a very decent CB prospect but he just doesn't have elite speed and I would be reluctant to take him in the top 5 because of it.

I disagree a bit on Richardson, at least until I see him run his 40. To be compared to Peterson and McFadden, you need elite speed. Drafting a RB in the top 5 just seems a bit of a waste in a passing league and I expect him to drop some.

While I like DeCastro, there is no way I would draft an OG in the top 10, he's very solid but that is just way too high for an OG.

I absolutely love Kuechly, and I could be totally wrong here, but I just have a hard time seeing a MLB going top 10. IMO, he deserves it but I have some reservations about it happening.

Until I see a much faster 40 on Kendall Wright's pro day, he's out of round 1 for me. When you are expected to run in the 3.50-4.40 range and you are small and run a 4,61, you are out of round 1. Just maybe, RG111 made him look a lot better than he really is.

I'm just not a Jeffery or Zeitler lover and I'll be shocked to see either go round 1. I haven't seen anything to warrant that high a pick.
Your not drafting Claiborne in the top five because he ran a 4.50 in the 40-yard dash? There are plenty of stud corners that didn't run a fast forty but are great corners in the NFL.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post

Claiborne's 1 knock on him is he doesn't have elite speed, but when you look at the recent shutdown CB's they all aren't speed demons. Revis and Nnamdi both are just above average speed for a CB, but have the size and skills to shutdown a WR. I can't see him getting past Tampa at 5.

Richardson isn't on the same level as Peterson/McFadden I agree, but what I'm trying to say is he is the best prospect since them when you compare him in Ingram and Spiller in the last 2 drafts. I agree he could drop some, but right now Cleveland is a good spot for him if they don't get RG3.

I'm not saying DeCastro will be a top 10 pick, but there's no doubt he is a top 10 prospect. All Pro selection for the next 10 years if he doesn't get hurt.

Kuechly has a chance to go to Carolina at 8, depending what happens with Connor. Can't see him getting by the Eagles at 15 at well.

Your looking too much into 40 times, put on the tape of Kendall Wright and I guarantee you will think different. Wright may run a 4.6 without pads, but with pads he is probably the fastest player on the field in some games.

Jeffery is close to falling into the 2nd, waiting on his pro day to see if he can run well enough to help his stock. Zeitler is worth a 1st round pick if you need a instant start on the oline(SF needs a RG), and should be picked around the 30-40 area. He isn't a lock to go in the 1st, but I don't see a low ceiling when compared to other prospects.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corners with slower times than Claiborne....

Brandon Flowers, Brent Grimes, Carlos Rogers, Corey Webster, Asante Samuel. Heck Charles Woodson ran a 4.45 forty so it's not like he had "elite" speed either.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Wright could come back and post the time that was expected of him, at his pro day, but if he remains a 4.61 WR who is short and light, he will be lucky to get picked in round 3. When scouts and GM's are impressed with a prospect and have expectations that he is a 4.35-4.40 range 40 guy and he fails to meet those standards, the prospect is going to drop like lead.
I've heard that he was possibly sick at the combine but believe me, he had better show it at his pro day or he is toast.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Brandon Flowers, Brent Grimes, Carlos Rogers, Corey Webster, Asante Samuel. Heck Charles Woodson ran a 4.45 forty so it's not like he had "elite" speed either.
1/10 of a second = 2 feet according to a track guy who posted a few years back and the combine simulcast seems to bear it out. The CB's you pointed out never saw top 5, except Woodson who was faster than a 4.50 guy.
Flowers was drafted by a Cover 2 team that at the time used CB strictly in a zone defense.
I'm not saying Claiborne isn't a fine prospect but at 4.50, I wouldn't take him in the top 5. Even Revis and Nnamdi weren't picked in the top 5.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Why does it matter where Flowers was drafted? He's an elite corner.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how you included Kevin Zeitler who I really like as a big mean Logan Mankins type OG.

The Wisconsin pro day is complete and the star of the workout was guard Kevin Zeitler, who looked tremendous in position drills. The dominant run blocker showed terrific power in bag drills and easily moved about the field during motion drills. After his workout those in attendance used words such as "outstanding" and "beastly" to describe Zeitler, whose swiftly rising up boards. The Badger senior has locked himself up as a top-45 choice and there's a feeling he could slide into the late part of Round 1.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1oTrwatWv
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
I like how you included Kevin Zeitler who I really like as a big mean Logan Mankins type OG.

The Wisconsin pro day is complete and the star of the workout was guard Kevin Zeitler, who looked tremendous in position drills. The dominant run blocker showed terrific power in bag drills and easily moved about the field during motion drills. After his workout those in attendance used words such as "outstanding" and "beastly" to describe Zeitler, whose swiftly rising up boards. The Badger senior has locked himself up as a top-45 choice and there's a feeling he could slide into the late part of Round 1.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1oTrwatWv
no surprises with Zeitler...no doubt he's the 2nd best guard in this draft

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
no surprises with Zeitler...no doubt he's the 2nd best guard in this draft
I like Peter Konz, but when you watch that Wisconsin tape #70 is the guy the jumps off at you.

Zeitler might be the most physical run blocker in the entire draft he explodes off the ball.

OG Rankings

1. David DeCastro
2. Cordy Glenn, better pass protector than Zeitler.
3. Kevin Zeitler
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very generic looking big board. I think at this point it is safe to say Jeffrey will not be a first rounder unless he makes one team fall for him ( a la Jon Baldwin with KC). Also, unless t is smoke screens, it looks like Courtney Upshaw is in for a pretty big draft day slide, maybe out of the first round.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I like Glenn will end up as a OT in the NFL, maybe starting off inside. Zeitler will end up the 2nd best OG after DeCastro though. I like the 1st round oline talent in this draft.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-08-2012, 04:19 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Carlos Rogers ran much faster than a 4.5 flat coming out of college, I believe it was a 4.41(?), but I do agree that speed isn't the entire deal with corners.

Claiborne didn't get burned at LSU and WRs rarely if ever got behind him so I still think he ends up going top 10.

Ty Law is still the poster child for a lockdown corner with a pedestrian 40 time.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Nick Perry is about 10 spots too low. Think a bigger Orakpo and put him in front of Ingram.

BTW Ingram is special. This VERY high praise.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 03-08-2012 at 09:13 AM.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Brandon Flowers is still the poster child for a lockdown corner with a pedestrian 40 time.
FIFY ;)

J
Old 03-08-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I think Nick Perry is about 10 spots too low. Think a bigger Orakpo and put him in front of Ingram.

BTW Ingram is special. This VERY high praise.

J
Perry is very taleneted and athletic, but I just can't see him jumping over Coples/Ingram/Upshaw. Perry is going to be a mid/late 1st round steal for a team, I think he can succeed in 4-3 and 3-4 defense.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-08-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Perry is very taleneted and athletic, but I just can't see him jumping over Coples/Ingram/Upshaw. Perry is going to be a mid/late 1st round steal for a team, I think he can succeed in 4-3 and 3-4 defense.
Maybe not Upshaw. Also not Coples, at least not on the tangibles. I would slide him past Coples because of the other stuff. I am high on Ingram, but Perry's explosion is going to make him a dominant rusher.

J