Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just want to float this idea well in advance for everyone: What about adding a second utility slot for next season?

My rationale:
- ESPN's standard league for 5x5 roto actually calls for TWO more starting hitting slots than we have.
- This is meant to be a deep league, but having too many stats waste away on our benches isn't any fun.

Thoughts?

We'll also be sticking with 12 keepers for next season, just to make that clear from the beginning here.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all for it but let's up the keepers by 1 also then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-30-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm all for it but let's up the keepers by 1 also then.
We'll consider that, I guess, if vote for one more in near unanimous.

I like there to be a good deal of turnover though. Helps re-shuffle the balance of the league, as evidenced by Brodeur's leap from worst to first so far.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Just want to float this idea well in advance for everyone: What about adding a second utility slot for next season?

My rationale:
- ESPN's standard league for 5x5 roto actually calls for TWO more starting hitting slots than we have.
- This is meant to be a deep league, but having too many stats waste away on our benches isn't any fun.

Thoughts?

We'll also be sticking with 12 keepers for next season, just to make that clear from the beginning here.
Nah, it's fine as is. There's not even any good batters on the waiver wire. You could make a case if there were at least some recognizable names, but there's nothing but crap out there. If people want to hog them up and let stats waste away on the bench, that's their perogative. They don't have to, they choose to. Why reward that? Cause it's more beneficial to them? Nah, I don't think so. We already have a 4th OF and an extra IF position.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You don't need extra batters from the waiver wire. This is not adjusting the roster size.

You seem to prefer a ton of extra pitchers rather than any bench hitters, so your argument could easily be flipped to say those pitchers you own but rarely use are just as "wasted."

Last edited by Xiomera : 04-30-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't need extra batters from the waiver wire. This is not adjusting the roster size.

You seem to prefer a ton of extra pitchers rather than any bench hitters, so your argument could easily be flipped to say those pitchers you own but rarely use are just as "wasted."
All I'm saying is the more batter positions you add, the more you need to focus on finding hitters. ...and finding hitters is no good in this league.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
All I'm saying is the more batter positions you add, the more you need to focus on finding hitters. ...and finding hitters is no good in this league.
No, it just means that more of the players you draft get to factor in to the scoring on a daily basis. Less players will be owned and seldom (if ever) used, basically.

I could increase the innings pitched by a small margin to offset it.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No, it just means that more of the players you draft get to factor in to the scoring on a daily basis. Less players will be owned and seldom (if ever) used, basically.

I could increase the innings pitched by a small margin to offset it.
I think whatever changes you want to make, just make them when you plan to reset our entire rosters and have a refresh draft.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My rationale:

Thoughts?

I want total bases added, just to figure out a way to make doubles and triples more heavily weighted.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think whatever changes you want to make, just make them when you plan to reset our entire rosters and have a refresh draft.
I don't think adding one starting hitting slot is nearly drastic enough, especially with a year's notice, to warrant that.

And no, Brodeur. We're not changing the stat categories under any circumstances. Deal with it.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Utility slots are the fantasy baseball equivalent of training wheels or those bumbers you get at bowling. If you think the benches aren't being used, cut the size of the benches.

And yes, I realize that my league has two utility spots, but that was mostly to even out the points system that favors starting pitching.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Utility slots are the fantasy baseball equivalent of training wheels or those bumbers you get at bowling. If you think the benches aren't being used, cut the size of the benches.

And yes, I realize that my league has two utility spots, but that was mostly to even out the points system that favors starting pitching.
We're not cutting the bench sizes. This league is supposed to be very deep. My inquiry has nothing to do with reserve players not being used, but rather enabling more players to be used to the point where depth is valuable. That might sound like the same thing, but there's a distinction. There are more than 132 hitters deserving of being used during a full slate of MLB games. That's my point.

If you guys are all against it, that's fine, we'll keep it as is. We're not negotiating other settings through some chain reaction though.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I want a pony.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man we got some stiffys in this league. I say lets add the utility guy! And keep rosters the same number and keepers at 12!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Man we got some stiffys in this league. I say lets add the utility guy! And keep rosters the same number and keepers at 12!
I'm cool with that as well.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

How the **** did I have Ryan Braun on my bench!?!? Stupid yahoo.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't had one problem with Yahoo this year and that's using IE half the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How the **** did I have Ryan Braun on my bench!?!? Stupid yahoo.
Did you add someone recently?

When you pick up a Free Agent your lineups change to the day that you made that addition.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I haven't had one problem with Yahoo this year and that's using IE half the time.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My nosedive has been pretty fun
Old 05-01-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I know how we can fix that ...
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
It might continue. Longoria could be out 6-8 weeks.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I never thought I'd miss Coco Crisp so much....

Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never thought I'd miss Coco Crisp so much....
I have him.

Trust me, you aren't missing much.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Well, I miss his 40+ steals from last year. I dominated the steals category last year and now I'm tied for last.

Closed Thread