Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Too bad I couldn't but Janssen into my lineup before he got the save. Don't understand why you dropped him, D.
I think he's only going to be closer for a short while. Santos is due back soon and Janssen just seemed like someone who might get me a few saves but kill my ERA, WHIP.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn my offense is pathetic. Night after night it's just a bunch of zeroes in the counting stats.

I never would have thought I'd be fine in pitching, but low end in hitting. Complete opposite of last year, and I only kept 3 pitchers.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus Christ Putz....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Jesus Christ Putz....
Hey the Yodapoop Cardinals have a great offense!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This got stuck at the end of the page but an anwer would be nice. How come Janssen could be added right away? Shouldn't he have went to the waiver wire since he was just dropped this afternoon?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
This got stuck at the end of the page but an anwer would be nice. How come Janssen could be added right away? Shouldn't he have went to the waiver wire since he was just dropped this afternoon?
Nope. Players who are added and then dropped the same day without ever locking into a lineup don't have to pass waivers.

It happened with me and Cody Ross like 2 weeks ago. D picked him up right away after I'd changed my mind and cut him right away.

This is to prevent people from adding guys just to keep them away from other people by making them go through waivers.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got ya. I never saw that before so wasn't sure. Thanks for the answer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Got ya. I never saw that before so wasn't sure. Thanks for the answer.
If you or anyone else wants a closer, I can trade one. We just have to help each other out.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

D and I can have a blowout sale at Closers-R-Us
Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

BF, you got that "old man ressurection" thing going on there, huh. Berkman and now Dunn.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You take enough of them, one or two will stick.

I have two pitchers that have been rocked by the Twins so far this year. WTF.....

Old 05-11-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Added James McDonald for his start tonight. 8 IP, 1 R, 8 K and the goddamn Pirates got shutout, 1-0.

**** that.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Well I got close to trading Verlander to Brodeur a few nights ago and Xio's asking for him too. Making me really ponder the possibility of letting him go. Is anybody else interested in talking trade for him?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Added James McDonald for his start tonight. 8 IP, 1 R, 8 K and the goddamn Pirates got shutout, 1-0.

**** that.
I know ALL about that. I can't get a win for beans!!! My ERA and WHIP has been good all season!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'd be open to trading hitting for pitching or steals. I probably have more power hitting than I need.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Can anyone trade me a starter for a closer?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Early returns on Trout are very good so far so I'm very happy I kept him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

DJP better hope Hunter Pence can get his OBP to a respectable level. Sub-.300 is brutal.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I like that trade more for D, but I see nothing wrong with it either way.

I knew someone would pick up Hernandez, I didn't want to drop him, but there aren't enough RP slots in the current system.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
DJP better hope Hunter Pence can get his OBP to a respectable level. Sub-.300 is brutal.
Oustide of OBP, Pence has been great. Outside of Wins, Cain has been great.

We're both hoping for improvement from those two guys in those two areas.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

What was the trade?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
What was the trade?
Cain for Pence.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oustide of OBP, Pence has been great. Outside of Wins, Cain has been great.

We're both hoping for improvement from those two guys in those two areas.
Don't fret. We all think you got the better half.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Veto Hammer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Veto Hammer.
It isn't veto-worthy at all. I just wouldn't have made the deal if I had Cain.
Closed Thread