Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Xio is squarely back in the swing of things after conceding the race days ago. Maybe I should try something like that.
I think's he taken all the point I have lost the last few days. My bats have gone ice cold. Stanton is so damn streaky. I need one of those hot streaks.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Xio is squarely back in the swing of things after conceding the race days ago. Maybe I should try something like that.
Ridiculous. I'll probably fall back like 3 points tonight when my hitting isn't producing as well though.

Not getting a win from Morales last night really hurt. 7 scoreless and he didn't get one.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think's he taken all the point I have lost the last few days. My bats have gone ice cold. Stanton is so damn streaky. I need one of those hot streaks.
I'll take him off your hands if need be. Streaky players are the worst. MadBum complete game 8 K shutout last night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-30-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. Should not have benched Ian Kennedy. That guy is maddening to own.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Jacoby Ellsbury started his rehab assignment this weekend. I'll listen to offers if anyone wants him. I'm seeking help in different categories (HR, K) than he's best at providing (SB, R)
Old 06-30-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Jacoby Ellsbury started his rehab assignment this weekend. I'll listen to offers if anyone wants him. I'm seeking help in different categories (HR, K) than he's best at providing (SB, R)
Why don't you just list the 5 guys you're willing to trade him for...
Old 06-30-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why don't you just list the 5 guys you're willing to trade him for...
The list is a lot longer than five. I'm not, however, interested in having to package him with another stud in order to get a player he's already as valuable as.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Bell for Kuroda trade is BS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-01-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
In what way? Bell has only given up a run in one of his last 13 outings and three of his last 20. Saves are saves.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Bell's been horrible all year. A decent stretch doesn't change that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Bell's been horrible all year. A decent stretch doesn't change that.
It's funny. I was told I was ripping off Yo back when I got Bell for Scherzer. Turns out you were all wrong since Scherzer leads the AL in strikeouts and Bell was horrible in April (but hasn't been since then).

You call it a "decent stretch," but who is to say he hasn't just reverted back to being the top 10 closer you all thought he still was when I acquired him? There's only like 20 closers in baseball who are racking up saves and not at risk of losing their jobs at the drop of a hat. He's one of them.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bell sucks, but I'm out of it and I might keep him if he gets hot. Kuroda is just on a hot streak, he's an average pitcher fantasy wise overall.

Oh yeah, and Kuroda has had his best month in June for three years running. He'll fall apart soon enough, and if I can get an actual closer out of it (since I don't have one), then so be it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 07-01-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trevor Plouffe is some kind of amazing!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Trevor Plouffe is some kind of amazing!
Yeah, I remember contemplating a temporary free agent add back when he had like 5 homers. How he's got 18 of them.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

BS trade is BS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-01-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
BS trade is BS.
Props to him making guys do it. It's part of the game. Xio's done nothing wrong.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Except Brodie and Xio are really good friends.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-01-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Except Brodie and Xio are really good friends.
That's insane. I've never met Brodeur in person.

Given that you and Jughead worked out your last trade when you were together at a wedding one weekend, I don't see how you have any room to speak on such matters.

I thought your last trade was genuinely lopsided, but didn't make much of a fuss. My trade with Brodeur doesn't even involve keeper-caliber players. Well, at least not for me. Bell could very well be a keeper for Brodeur since he currently has no closers.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me explain this again: I have no need for Kuroda, and he has had his best month of the year three years in a row in June. He's not going to keep this up, and even if I think Heath Bell is a bust, he's got way more keeper potential than a 38 year old Japanese pitcher who gets hurt a lot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-01-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I think it's been too long since we had a 5 page debate on a relatively minor trade I honestly don't see a big problem with it.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You can think whatever you want of the trade, GF, but don't insinuate that this was a case of collusion.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We made the trade after a wedding thank you.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That's insane. I've never met Brodeur in person.
Just that gloryhole in the Flint truckstop restroom?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like this trade for yoda.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I actually like this trade for yoda.
U actually sound surprised :).....I figured me getting rid of my backup catcher for a starting pitcher I desperately need wouldn't cause to much of a stir