Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Damn fact checkers.

Honestly, I don't know how it works. Last year I entered your keepers in because Yahoo didn't have a carryover keeper option before. I suspect it'll be easiest if you all do, in fact, enter your own.
I think last year we selected our own also and that was the first year. I'll select mine when I get home later tonight. Once we have our keepers selected can we talk trade?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season hasn't even started and the injuries are already starting on my team.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Season hasn't even started and the injuries are already starting on my team.
In my other league on the forums, I've already lost Granderson and Teixeira. Not fun.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna get a sense of how many more seasons you guys want to continue without a reboot of this league ...

Please offer up opinions. If we decide we want to make adjustments, either in the number of keepers or to plan a full re-draft, I don't want the decision to be made without plenty of advance notice.

My line of thinking has always been not to consider starting over until we've at least had a repeat winner of a championship (3 different winners so far).
Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the usefulness of the keeper aspect is killed if we do full re-drafts every couple of years. Some guys could have top prospects coming up that they keep for a few years but it ends up being worthless if they can't keep them until they reach their potential.

I'm with you on keeping it the way it is until we get a repeat winner, and that would be the bare minimum for me.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This was never billed as a true dynasty league. Just something we'll need to consider since you can obviously see the disparity in the quality of keepers for various teams. It can't be sustained indefinitely.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roles can be reversed very quickly and my team is a prime example of that.

Last year I was pissed that you decreased number of keepers from 15 to 12, I didn't have enough room to keep Corey Hart and Gio Gonzalez.

This year I barely have enough quality players to fill a list of 10.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm against changing anything for at least the next 3 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-07-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wanna get a sense of how many more seasons you guys want to continue without a reboot of this league ...

Please offer up opinions. If we decide we want to make adjustments, either in the number of keepers or to plan a full re-draft, I don't want the decision to be made without plenty of advance notice.

My line of thinking has always been not to consider starting over until we've at least had a repeat winner of a championship (3 different winners so far).
I am all for never ever re-drafting ever and always keeping 12, the only thing i'd budge on would put the keepers from 12 to 10, but that's it

Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't have much love for my keepers.

Salvador Perez
Anthony Rizzo
David Ortiz
Ryan Howard
Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Josh Hamilton
Melky Cabrera
Justin Verlander
Stephen Strasburg
Matt Cain
Fernando Rodney

But I looooove Disney world!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

2013 Keepers

D-Unit
Salvador Perez
Anthony Rizzo
David Ortiz
Ryan Howard
Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Josh Hamilton
Melky Cabrera
Justin Verlander
Stephen Strasburg
Matt Cain
Fernando Rodney

Prince
C Victor Martinez
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Rickie Weeks
3B Aramis Ramirez
3B Mike Moustakas
OF Shane Victorino
OF Nick Markakis
SP Yovani Gallardo
SP Tim Lincecum
SP Derek Holland
SP Shaun Marcum
SP Trevor Bauer

Brodeur
Matt Wieters
Ben Zobrist
Ian Desmond
David Freese
Austin Jackson
Yoenis Cespedes
Carlos Gonzalez
Wil Myers
Yu Darvish
Jon Lester
Doug Fister
Jason Motte

Yo
1. David Wright
2. Ryan Zimmerman
3. Zack Greinke
4. James Shields
5. Freddie Freeman
6. Justin Upton
7. Jurickson Profar
8. Alex Gordon
9. Desmond Jennings
10. Elvis Andrus
11. Max Scherzer
12. Rafael Soriano

Giantsfan
1. Mike Trout OF
2. Prince Fielder 1B
3. Jay Bruce OF
4. Brett Lawrie 3B
5. Carlos Santana C
6. Asdrubal Cabrera SS
7. Pablo Sandoval 3B
8. Ike Davis 1B
9. Madison Bumgarner SP
10. RA Dickey SP
11. Gio Gonzalez SP
12. Jordan Zimmerman SP

Jughead
1. Joey Votto
2. Bryce Harper
3. Starlin Castro
4. Joe Mauer
5. Billy Butler
6. Cliff Lee
7. Jesus Montero
8. Will Middlebrooks
9. Jonathan Papelbon
10. Brett Gardner
11. Johnny Cueto
12. Matt Harvey

BearsFan
-Ryan Braun
-Robinson Cano
-Jose Reyes
-Adrian Beltre
-Adam Jones
-Cole Hamels
-Craig Kimbrel
-B.J. Upton
-Mat Latos
-Wilin Rosario
-Alex Rios
-Brett Anderson

Xiomera
1. Edwin Encarnacion
2. Ian Kinsler
3. Troy Tulowitzki
4. Miguel Cabrera
5. Jason Heyward
6. Jose Bautista
7. Jacoby Ellsbury
8. Chase Headley
9. Adam Wainwright
10. Jered Weaver
11. C.C. Sabathia
12. Kris Medlen

KCJ
1. Clayton Kershaw SP
2. Matt Kemp OF
3. Andre Ethier OF
4. Chris Sale SP
5. Michael Stanton OF
6. Mark Trumbo 1B/3B/OF
7. Nelson Cruz OF
8. Paul Goldschmidt 1B
9. Brian McCann C
10. Neil Walker 2B
11. Manny Machado SS/3B
12. Dylan Bundy P

DJP
1. Buster Posey
2. Miguel Montero
3. Dustin Pedroia
4. Evan Longoria
5. Andrew McCutchen
6. Hunter Pence
7. Josh Willingham
8. Felix Hernandez
9. David Price
10. Matt Moore
11. Jarrod Parker
12. Aroldis Chapman

Yoda
1. Matt Holliday
2. Allen Craig
3. Yadier Molina
4. Carlos Beltran
5. Lance Lynn
6. Derek Jeter
7. Brandon Phillips
8. C.J. Wilson
9. Wade Miley
10. Eric Aybar
11. Josh Beckett
12. Albert Pujols

Max
Mark Teixeira
Mike Napoli
Jason Kipnis
Shin-Soo Choo
Mariano Rivera
Josh Johnson
Alejandro De Aza
Rafael Betancourt
Anibal Sánchez
Kendrys Morales
Howie Kendrick
Alcides Escobar
Old 03-09-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If any of those keepers are incorrect, speak now or don't complain later.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GF's team looks like my team from my old league. How about instead of giving Prince and Max extra picks we just take away all of GFs? :)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think we need more keepers for a dynasty format. Right now we have no room to keep our prospects without cutting a key player.

Then we could also eliminate the need to give out supplementary picks because teams would have the ability to rebuild around prospects.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could give those teams a hundred extra picks and they still wouldn't be any good.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think we need more keepers for a dynasty format. Right now we have no room to keep our prospects without cutting a key player.

Then we could also eliminate the need to give out supplementary picks because teams would have the ability to rebuild around prospects.
No. You can't change to a dynasty 3 years into a league without starting over or at the very least cutting down to 2-3 keepers each, then starting over.

Upping the number of keepers will do nothing to level the playing field. It probably would even further exaggerate the disparity for the next 2-3 seasons.

If you guys want to turn this into a true dynasty, we'll have to start over.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Draft will begin no later than Friday, March 15. If the people at the top of the draft want to start Thursday, that's fine.

I will be creating a selection thread. League discussion can continue in this thread.

To get this out of the way now, these are the phone numbers for text alerts from last year — Speak up if this number listed for you is incorrect

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-09-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

My phone number is 419-566-8682, but I still won't be available on Tuesdays no matter what.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
My phone number is 419-566-8682, but I still won't be available on Tuesdays no matter what.
We will try to maneuver the draft along on Mondays to get past your end of the draft order then. Thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I need Yo and BF to enter their keepers on Yahoo ASAP.

Edit: Just Yo now.

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-09-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Just checked. Last year's draft took 11 days to complete 18 rounds. We'll need to duplicate that pace in order to have 3-4 days to consider trades or whatnot before Opening Day.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

How do we figure out who is available? Yahoo players tab doesn't show it.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How do we figure out who is available? Yahoo players tab doesn't show it.
Keepers are all listed in the selection thread I posted yesterday. Cross reference, I'd suggest.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Draft begins Thursday whenever Prince is ready.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friday I'm going to be pretty much unavailable most of the day. Well mainly after lunch through the night. Sorry to be a pain.
Closed Thread