Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Wow.

First reaction: Thats a HUGE price to pay.
Second reaction: Cleveland is still insane not for matching.

how do the browns not give up 3 1st round picks when youhave 2 in this draft
Old 03-10-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta1 View Post
how do the browns not give up 3 1st round picks when youhave 2 in this draft
I think they just weren't in love with RG3.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
I think they just weren't in love with RG3.
I think they just got taken to the cleaners through a lack of effort. They misread the Redskins desire and didn't match it, preferring to play games while Washington got serious. Typical of the Browns organization.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think they just got taken to the cleaners through a lack of effort. They misread the Redskins desire and didn't match it, preferring to play games while Washington got serious. Typical of the Browns organization.
I agree with IAC. Cleveland will likely overdraft Tanny and I will be a sad panda.

The Skins put a lot of faith into the idea of RGIII. It's a high risk, high reward situation. I can't really fault them.

If the Browns really wanted him (as indicated per the rumored last second bid), they blew it.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now I am a Steelers fan and I hate... no I HATE the Clowns. But they got it right this time. You don't sell off your franchise for ONE player. I feel sorry for RG3 in this whole thing. If I was him I would refuse to sign with the Redskins and play in Canada for a year then next year re-enter the draft.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I agree with IAC. Cleveland will likely overdraft Tanny and I will be a sad panda.

The Skins put a lot of faith into the idea of RGIII. It's a high risk, high reward situation. I can't really fault them.

If the Browns really wanted him (as indicated per the rumored last second bid), they blew it.
I would take 26 year old Matt Flynn and three first round, and three second round picks over RG3 in a heartbeat. And I love RG3 but not worth setting your franchise back five years for.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Right, now you get to see him ruined in a Redskins jersey, because they've been relevant in the last decade too. So it's better, ya know, cause they have nicer colors and stuff
I think we just may have a tad few more playoff appearances then the Browns in the last 20 years tbh.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFairlane View Post
I would take 26 year old Matt Flynn and three first round, and three second round picks over RG3 in a heartbeat. And I love RG3 but not worth setting your franchise back five years for.
Except, they won't get Flynn unless Miami signs Peyton. Cleveland is probably #3 on Flynn's list behind Miami and Seattle and it is pretty obvious that Cleveland doesn't know how to go after a player in a competitive situation.

They will likely end up with Tannehill, who they definitely don't have to compete for, which could set the franchise back a decade, 5 years may look good in ten years.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

Well, right now I think Miami tops the list of potential suitors for Manning so most likely he goes there. And Holmegren has a history of getting a QB he likes from another team. i.e. Favre and Hasselbeck. So unless the Cards or Broncos sign Manning I feel Flynn has a pretty good chance of signing with the browns.

And I highly doubt the Browns take Tannehill at #4. If they take him it will be because they traded down with someone in love with Blackmon or Kalil and they get more picks and take him about 10. What I see happening is the Browns stay at #4 and take Blackmon or Claiborne and take a QB in the second or third round like Foles or Osweiler. Unless they get Flynn then they are good at QB.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Redskins still have a 3rd and two 4ths in this year's draft in addition to a new franchise QB. The extra 4th is from the Jason Campbell trade. Last year's 2nd rd pick Jarvis Jenkins missed his entire rookie season and having him fit and healthy for the first time will feel like a bonus.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Didn't get raped? If I were a Redskins fan I'd already be trying to repress the details of the trade.
Late first rounders are not valuable at all. RG3 is worth these picks easily. Expect the Redskins to challenge for a wildcard next year.
papageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by papageorgio View Post
Late first rounders are not valuable at all. RG3 is worth these picks easily. Expect the Redskins to challenge for a wildcard next year.
LOL!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

I am sorry but as a Steelers fan I see how and why we either win the super bow, in the super bowl, or at least in contention every year and that is first round draft picks. The Steelers haven't had a bust in the first round since 1999. You build your team in the draft but you get a starter round one. That's how you compete every year.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL!!!!!!!!!
You don't get elite talent outside the top 5 picks in a draft unless you luck out. With the rams terrible drafting I don't expect anything much to come out their picks.

They should've taken RG3 and traded Bradford. RG3 would've made that dome his personal playground.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate to say it but we aren't Flynn first choice for his destination, we had better hope Miami gets Manning otherwise we are totally out of it.

I think Tannehill will be our pick at #4, a huge risk if you ask me.

The Rams got 1 first by drafting standards and had to give up their first to get it. Next year's first is only worth a 2nd rounder if you follow the draft, and a 1st rounder 2 years from now carries the weight of a third round pick in any trade scenario. It will be years after all before they get any benefit from this trade which cost them Blackmon as well.

IMO, the Skins didn't get raped at all, they got off pretty cheap.

If they had traded with Cleveland, they could have got perhaps, 2 firsts this year and maybe a second plus 2 or 3 high picks next year, got Blackmon and set up their team for immediate improvement and being a contender within 3 years. Now it is clearly a 5 year project for the Rams, so I'm not sold on the value St. Louis got for this trade, looks good on paper but added 2 years to reaching competitive status.
How are the Rams a 5 year project, especially if they convince Lloyd to come back. Bradford was able to show what he can do last year with a prime time WR... Jackson is still a workhorse and Cadillac is a great change of pace back... on defense Chris Long..Quinn and Laurinatis are good young building blocks. Take in consideration there is free agency and picks other than #1's that can make an impact they can be relivant with in 2 years.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
How are the Rams a 5 year project, especially if they convince Lloyd to come back. Bradford was able to show what he can do last year with a prime time WR... Jackson is still a workhorse and Cadillac is a great change of pace back... on defense Chris Long..Quinn and Laurinatis are good young building blocks. Take in consideration there is free agency and picks other than #1's that can make an impact they can be relivant with in 2 years.
Nothing at all?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't get elite talent outside the top 5 picks in a draft unless you luck out. With the rams terrible drafting I don't expect anything much to come out their picks.

They should've taken RG3 and traded Bradford. RG3 would've made that dome his personal playground.
How many top five picks are on the patriots? The steelers? The ravens? Hardly any. You don't need top five picks to be a winning franchise. You just need to not miss on the picks you make.

The league has become more qb friendly recently so that makes the non-elite QBs more capable of winning it all.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They only gave up 1 2nd round pick....

Quote:
How many top five picks are on the patriots? The steelers? The ravens? Hardly any. You don't need top five picks to be a winning franchise. You just need to not miss on the picks you make.

The league has become more qb friendly recently so that makes the non-elite QBs more capable of winning it all.
No, I would say you still need a elite QB to win it all. Unless you have the 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the rams terrible drafting
Stop right there. The Rams have new decision makers in house....You can't judge the Rams drafting based on the past when the guys who make the calls are now different from the past regimes.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Flynn= Kolb & Cassell. Yup enjoy that.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Nothing at all?
The one game they played together...Lloyd had 5 catches for 82 yards... on a team with no other WR threats thats not bad.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Matt Flynn= Kolb & Cassell. Yup enjoy that.
eh, I think he's more like Schaub than those two. Cassel who started zero games in college and Kolb who was a system QB at Houston. Flynn actually was pretty decent at LSU, won a NC, despite only starting one year. Plus, he is Jason Bourne. People were high on the prospects of Flynn being a starting QB long before his 600000 yard performance against the Lions too.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

Quote:

You need a franchise QB and the only sure fire way of doing that is getting a top draft pick.

Your comparing the most well run franchises in the NFL to the St Louis Rams. What have the rams shown in their recent draft history that they wont pick a bunch of scrubs.

They needed RG3 more than a couple late firsts and seconds.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
The Rams could have gotten Blackmon who looks like the second coming of Terrell Owens without the bagagge or perhaps another Fitzsagerald, plus they could have gotten Cleveland 2 firsts this year and perhaps their 2nd as well. That is a huge haul if you want to win right away.
Now it will be a long wait to bring in the haul and IMO, that will stretch out the time till real success follows.
Like I said, on paper it is a good trade but the reality is it carries a timeframe with it.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair the Rams are banking that the #1 OVERALL PICK (who was rookie of the year two years ago before his offensive line turned to **** to go with the worthless heap he already had to throw to at WR/TE) is going to be really good, and I think he is once they surround him with protection and playmakers. When you think you have a franchise QB, you make that trade for 3 firsts and a 2nd every day of the week for another franchise QB that is available to you. Sure, Griffin might be better than Bradford - but Bradford if he pans out + all those picks >>>> just Griffin. The only way people will look back on this negatively for the Rams is if Griffin turns into a star and Bradford busts. This is a great trade for St.Louis any way you look at it. If they squander the picks it's still a good trade, just a blown opportunity.