Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kirk Cousins Scouting Report

Some notes on Kirk Cousins:

QB Kirk Cousins, Michigan St. (6'3", 219, 4.93)

Positives:

6'3" with a compact build
Good zip on his passes
Quick throwing motion
Takes snaps from under center occasionally (most from shotgun)
Generally steps into his throws
Has some escapability/presence in the pocket
Quality fade route thrower
Tough and will take a hit
Highly competitive
Three years of starting experience

Negatives:

Inconsistent spiral
Lots of underthrows and overthrows
Forces some risky throws into tight coverage
Locks onto receiving options (does not take what defense gives him)
Does not anticipate defenders well
Deep ball sails
Accuracy wanes when he throws off of his back foot
Does not throw on the run often
Mental mistakes cause turnovers often
Very streaky passer
May have already reached his potential

Grade: Third round
Old 03-10-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Scott signed you up?

Nice report btw.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a nice scouting report. I think he could end up going in the 2nd round, though. Miami could be a team that takes him if they sign Peyton Manning. They would need someone to develop behind him and Cousins seems to have the smarts/leadership to exceed expectations.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys. Cousins is an interesting developmental option because he has the size and arm to start eventually, but his anticipation skills and decision-making are very questionable and he could be a turnover machine in the NFL. Combined with his extensive starting experience and developed mechanics, he may be pretty much maxed out as a player already; with someone like Osweiler there's more growth potential because he doesn't have anywhere near the level of overall refinement with his mechanics, etc. that Cousins does.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Thanks guys. Cousins is an interesting developmental option because he has the size and arm to start eventually, but his anticipation skills and decision-making are very questionable and he could be a turnover machine in the NFL. Combined with his extensive starting experience and developed mechanics, he may be pretty much maxed out as a player already; with someone like Osweiler there's more growth potential because he doesn't have anywhere near the level of overall refinement with his mechanics, etc. that Cousins does.

Completely agree with every word of this.... which is why I'm not fond of either.

Nice scouting report btw.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I like about Cousins is his leadership abilities and his movement skills. Likely gets him drafted in round 2/3.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big Kirk Cousins fan, I've been pimping him since the Senior Bowl. I've got him as my #4 QB in the class behind Luck, RGIII and Tannehill, and I like him more then guys like Weedon. I think the Andy Dalton comparisons are pretty solid, although I think he's got a better downfield arm then Dalton did. Doesn't move as well though. Still, he was the best QB in the Senior Bowl game I thought and apparently the kid just blows up interviews. From what I've seen, he's extremely well-spoken and smooth, I imagine he knows his way around the film room. I think he's a solid late 2nd round value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard him interviewed during the Combine and I thought he was a politician. I'm using that in a good way though. But yeah I like the Dalton comparisons also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
What I like about Cousins is his leadership abilities and his movement skills. Likely gets him drafted in round 2/3.
I expect Cousins to be the target for Cleveland with their 2nd round pick

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

All scouting reports can now be found in this thread:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=51513