Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mara successfully kneecapped two division rivals. In the end it didn't stop us from getting who we want or getting RG3 so nice try.
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did the NFL owners become the Cosa Nostra??
Goodell and Mara are straight up GANGSTA.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
First it's a 'handshake agreement' that was broken, now you're arbitrarily deciding who broke the non-rule 'more'.
A rule is a rule, is it not?? There can't be a subjective interpretation to what degree an unwritten rule is violated.

EIther they're all guilty, or none of them are.
You can't make up the rules for an uncapped year TWO YEARS after the fact.

The Skins spent $36 mil on two contracts in 2010 over the cap. The Bears spent nearly that amount on ONE player.

No, this is going to court.
I believe you were wrong.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
I believe you were wrong.
Don't gloat. It makes you look petty.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Don't gloat. It makes you look petty.

Not gloating, just stating a fact. You and a few others were pounding the table about the two teams taking the league to court. When in fact you just did not realize how the league itself has the power, not any individual team. Remember that the league can kick out teams, owners, etc so it can certainly manage a few cap slaps. You may think the league is being heavy handed in this case but the strength of the league is conformity amongst the owners. If you want to be in the circle of 32 you have to conform.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

This was all entirely orchestrated by the Maras as a form of 'pay back' against division rivals he felt were gaining an unfair competitive advantage during the uncapped year.
This isn't an issue about what's best for the league or the rule of the CBA bylaws.

These violations were identified in hindsight, not when they actually occurred. If they had been red-flagged in the beginning, before these new contracts were approved by the league(!!), all of this could have been avoided.

It sucks when any organization gives itself the authority to make up the rules as they go along.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

NFLPA files collusion charges against the NFL
https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/...st-NFL-Owners/

The complaint cites John Mara, owner of the New York Giants, who also serves as the Chair of the NFL Management Council Executive Committee, as publicly confirming that the NFL directed teams to restrict players’ salaries during the uncapped year. When asked about imposed penalties for the Redskins and Cowboys, he replied: “What they did was in violation of the spirit of the salary cap. They attempted to take advantage of a one-year loophole … full well knowing there would be consequences.”
Old 05-23-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha in your face mara
Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFLPA can't do anything. They gave up their right to sue when they signed the CBA.

The NFL isn't stupid. They wouldn't do this knowing that this was a possibility.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole NFL is built upon collusion anyway. They are exempt from anti-trust laws and the salary cap and draft itself could be considered collusion. Also, the NFL didn't say to pay these guys less it was just a matter of accouting for bookeeping purposes. No case at all here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't understand how Mora thought he was gonna get away with this bs
Old 05-23-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope everyone realizes that this wasn't just Mara. All the other owners, and the league all decided to do this.

Mara is just the face of it bc he's the Giants owner and he represents the rest of ownership, and this directly impacts his division.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hope everyone realizes that this wasn't just Mara. All the other owners, and the league all decided to do this.

Mara is just the face of it bc he's the Giants owner and he represents the rest of ownership, and this directly impacts his division.

Nope, too easy for other fan's to point fingers.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the NFL is saying there was no secret agreement but Mara is on record saying there was. Smh crooked ******
Old 05-23-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Redskins fans here are coming off like scorn lovers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's the offseason. Redskins fans always get cute when their team made some moves in the offseason.

Then the season starts.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
nope, that would require logic and common sense. it was clearly solely and completely up to mara. and probably eli. i bet it was mostly eli's fault. or should i call him elisha or something? i can't remember.
Dude Eli sucks. All he does is rely on his 32nd ranked rushing offense and lob it up to Burress in triple coverage.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mara doesn't get to play the "all the other owners agreed" card. He's the chairman of the executive committee that brought the penalty to vote with the other owners.

This wasn't 5 or 6 owners saying "this is ******** they are spending money even though we asked them not to!!!". It was the executive committee (again chaired by none other than division rival owner Mara) pushing the issue to the table. If he had his way he would of taken draft picks as well (quoted to such). So yes he's not Voldemara but he certainly isn't a saint Mara either. Just a powerful player in the good ol' boys club.

BBD is right though this case won't result in anything because of Article 3, Section 3 of the NFL CBA.

Quote:
The NFLPA on behalf of itself, its members, and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, releases and covenants not to sue, or to support financially or administratively, or voluntarily provide testimony of any kind, including by declaration or affidavit in, any suit or proceeding…against the NFL or any NFL Club or any NFL Affiliate with respect to any antitrust or other claim asserted in White v. NFL or Bra4J v. NFL, including, without limitation, any claim relating to the 2011 lockout, any restrictions on free agency, any franchise player designations, any transition player designations, the Draft, the Entering Player Pool, the Rookie Compensation Pool, Total Revenues (“TR”) or television rights fees with respect to any League Year prior to 2011, collusion with respect to any League Year prior to 2011, or any claim that could have been asserted in White or Bra4J related to any other term or condition of employment with respect to conduct occurring prior to the execution of this Agreement. For purposes of clarity, this release does not cover any claim of any retired player.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I care about this?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cap-penalties/

Paragraph 2 of the petition explains that the NFLPA became first aware of the alleged “conspiracy” to limit spending in the uncapped year to $123 million per team via the disclosure on March 12 that four teams (the Cowboys, Redskins, Saints, and Raiders) failed to “abide by secret NFL rules to suppress player salaries.”

The petition explains that the Redskins exceeded the secret cap by more than $102 million, the Cowboys by more than $52 million, the Raiders by more than $41 million, and the Saints by more than $36 million. (No cap penalties were imposed on the Raiders and Saints, but those teams were barred from participating in the reallocated cap space that had been stripped from the Redskins and Cowboys.)
Old 05-23-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd actually love to see both Vilma and the NFLPA win their cases, would just be cool to see the chaos it would create and I kind of don't like Goodell...

Don't think the NFLPA has any case because of their own actions, they willingly signed away all their rights, just because you don't read the fine print or do something stupid doesn't change that fact.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I'd actually love to see both Vilma and the NFLPA win their cases, would just be cool to see the chaos it would create and I kind of don't like Goodell...

Don't think the NFLPA has any case because of their own actions, they willingly signed away all their rights, just because you don't read the fine print or do something stupid doesn't change that fact.
I kind of don't like Goodell either. I think he has done for football what artichoke hearts have done for pizza. On the menu it sounds real tasty but after trying it you immediately want to go back to pepperoni and black olives.

I can't ever remember Tagliabue or Rozelle ever being in the news nearly as much as Goodell is. The NFL is not about who is in charge. In fact, in the NFL I think a sign of a great leader would be that the average fan probably knows your name but really doesn't know much about you or what your job entails. If any player created as much drama in such a short time as Goodell has since taking over their behavior would not be tolerated and the league would kick them to the curb.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
i wanna see them get hit so we can see what type of thread Jmike makes. WE'll just have to wait
I want to see them get hit because I ******* hate them.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if any player made the owners as much money as goodell has, he'd be in canton. welcome to the real world.
The players are making that money for the owners. Goodell may be the great negotiator, but he as nothing to sell without them.

I'm pretty sure Ralph Wilson would trade a 50 year old Roger Goodell for a 23 year old Peyton Manning.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i have no idea why this argument keeps being made. it's completely non-sensical in every single way. three seconds of rational thought is really all it takes.
CLEARLY ALL THOSE OWNERS ARE MORE INTERESTED IN WINNING RATHER THAN MAKING MONEY derp.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote