Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
You are a bucs fan you should know Bruce Allen was only hired to manage the cap that Vinny C screwed up.
Make no mistake, parts of the 2006 CBA were agreed upon to unfuck the cap situation the Redskins created for themselves.
Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
There is no pretty much. It either is or it isn't against the rules. Pollian was on espn saying that the league warned them not to do it, but it was never a rule so why would they take the warning seriously?
The way the leauge is, if they warn you not to do something, expect punishment if you do. Basically cheating against the cap was a bad move.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Allen View Post
“The Washington Redskins have received no written documentation from the NFL concerning adjustments to the team salary cap in 2012 as reported in various media outlets. Every contract entered into by the club during the applicable periods complied with the 2010 and 2011 collective bargaining agreements and, in fact, were approved by the NFL commissioner’s office. We look forward to free agency, the draft and the coming football season.”.
what bruce allen said yesterday

http://districtsportspage.com/washin...p-docking/5981

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Cowboys and Redskins will get off if they choose to fight it. This is the definition of collusion. You are not allowed to do this. It is illegal in the United States. It was an uncapped year, period.

This issue isn't over. It should be revoked.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This **** is getting more and more real by the minute.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
This **** is getting more and more real by the minute.
What do you mean?
Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
What do you mean?
Did you read Bruce Allen's statement? They're giving the league two middle fingers and spending their money how they want.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did you read Bruce Allen's statement? They're giving the league two middle fingers and spending their money how they want.
They should, what the league did was collusion and illegal in the United States. The Cowboys are operating business as usual as well.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florio used to practice Labor Law. I'd really like to see him post an in-depth analysis of this. The fact that he hasn't leads me to think that NBC told him to shut up (although, he did state that this is collusion).

Also, we've known that the NFL owners do things like this all the time. The thing that blows my mind is that they're now being ballsy enough to openly acknowledging collusion, and to seemingly openly punish teams for not engaging in collusion. That's the kind of thing that could catch the attention of a Senator or Representative who's looking for a high-profile issue to address.

Last edited by WCH : 03-14-2012 at 08:37 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL Bruce Allen. He isn't great at evaluating talent, but the guy knows his way around salaries/contracts.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
LOL Bruce Allen. He isn't great at evaluating talent, but the guy knows his way around salaries/contracts.
Agree with you there. The rumor is that somehow he has Garcon, Morgan, and Carriker only affecting 4.2m against the cap in 2012 combined.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
That's the kind of thing that could catch the attention of a Senator or Representative who's looking for a high-profile issue to address.
Aren't they still too busy trying to make Clements admit he stuck steroids in his ass? Not to venture too far off topic but the damn country is in shambles so why should the legal system or any elected official actually care about this internal issue amongst wealthy people. The NFL is fine with it and the NLFPA is fine with it. Therefore it is fine. Who gives a s**t about collusion when we are talking about splitting up the riches of some $20 Billion, it's not like this is a few fruit producers colluding to keep immigrant wages below the state minimum.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
Aren't they still too busy trying to make Clements admit he stuck steroids in his ass? Not to venture too far off topic but the damn country is in shambles so why should the legal system or any elected official actually care about this internal issue amongst wealthy people. The NFL is fine with it and the NLFPA is fine with it. Therefore it is fine. Who gives a s**t about collusion when we are talking about splitting up the riches of some $20 Billion, it's not like this is a few fruit producers colluding to keep immigrant wages below the state minimum.
I don't want to take this thread off-topic either, but I agree with you. It always seems silly when Congressmen decided to spend their time investigating professional sports. Like they don't have better things to worry about?

Nevertheless, they do it. It's probably because they get more media time than they would if they investigated Goldman Sachs or something along those lines...
Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
The way the leauge is, if they warn you not to do something, expect punishment if you do. Basically cheating against the cap was a bad move.
There was no cheating against the cap in an uncapped year, I don't care who warned them. If they do take this to court this is going to be an easy win for the skins and cowboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There was no cheating against the cap in an uncapped year, I don't care who warned them. If they do take this to court this is going to be an easy win for the skins and cowboys.
No, it won't be an easy 'win' because the way the league is set up the teams allow the commissioner (league office) discretion (and a lot of it) on fines, loss of draft picks, etc. There is nothing to 'win' here, it is not about rules or no rules, it is about the league office having been granted the authority to make these decisions. If the 2 teams want to dispute this they would have to petition the other owners or appeal to the league office itself. Owners have been fined before, teams have lost draft picks before yet no previous legal action? Ask yourself why that is. I would say it is because the league office has been given the authority to do these things with the full approval, majority approval of the owners. And when the bounty penalties are assessed there also will be no legal action.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, it won't be an easy 'win' because the way the league is set up the teams allow the commissioner (league office) discretion (and a lot of it) on fines, loss of draft picks, etc. There is nothing to 'win' here, it is not about rules or no rules, it is about the league office having been granted the authority to make these decisions. If the 2 teams want to dispute this they would have to petition the other owners or appeal to the league office itself. Owners have been fined before, teams have lost draft picks before yet no previous legal action? Ask yourself why that is. I would say it is because the league office has been given the authority to do these things with the full approval, majority approval of the owners. And when the bounty penalties are assessed there also will be no legal action.
In those cases you reference there were rules or codes of conduct violated. As much as I would love to see Snyder and Jones get it stuck to them, I have to agree that it is illegal to penalize them for violating a salary cap that didn't exist. A secret handshake deal among owners to stay under a salary cap not established by a CBA could be considered collusion.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the Bears gave Julius Peppers like $20 million front loaded in the uncapped year. Just saying...

Redskins and Cowboys should and will use their original available cap space and if it goes to court I know Dan snyder and Jerry Jones can afford a pretty nice legal team to go against the NFL's.
FloridaSkinzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Hey everybody, LOOK AT ME!!

I'm witty.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
In those cases you reference there were rules or codes of conduct violated. As much as I would love to see Snyder and Jones get it stuck to them, I have to agree that it is illegal to penalize them for violating a salary cap that didn't exist. A secret handshake deal among owners to stay under a salary cap not established by a CBA could be considered collusion.
I am in complete agreement that they did collude, and the owners agreed to do it and after the fact the NFLPA agreed to it. Which is why it will go nowhere. Taking this to court will kill the golden goose, or at least reveal it.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
I am in complete agreement that they did collude, and the owners agreed to do it and after the fact the NFLPA agreed to it. Which is why it will go nowhere. Taking this to court will kill the golden goose, or at least reveal it.
That's why I think that the NFL would back down if Dallas and Washington just acted like it never happened. If the NFL hasn't given them written notice that they're being punished, this might even be more of a "suggestion" from the NFL.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys are just fine. We signed Kyle Orton and Mackenzy Bernadeau. So EAT THAT NFL!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
There is no pretty much. It either is or it isn't against the rules. Pollian was on espn saying that the league warned them not to do it, but it was never a rule so why would they take the warning seriously?
Agreed.

+rep...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
"All that money goes to 28 other teams -- $1.6 million each -- except for Saints and Raiders, who don't get any but don't lose any."

Haha. We could really use that 1.6 million. Thanks Jerry and Dan.
Million by million the giants creep into range of being able to sign Eric Winston...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the Redskins and Cowboys could be going “nuclear” with the NFL as soon as Monday.

More specifically, the two teams are contemplating suing anyone and everyone connected to the sudden removal of $46 million in total cap space over the next two years, based on the contention that their treatment of the term “uncapped year” too literally somehow created a competitive disadvantage. Even though no rules or policies were violated.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...over-cap-mess/
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote