Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-28-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Team trying to trade for Deltha O'Neal?

According to Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, yes they are.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

would be a solid pickup, as long as he is cheap both in picks and in salary...

would presumably allow us to release Webster.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe one of our 4th round picks? I would be fine with that. Then the team could cut Jason Webster.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ That would be incredible.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay...4th round pick for DELTHA?! That would be AMAZING!!! I would go NUTS to have that secondary!
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of a 4th for Deltha, not like we could get much better there anyways unless we're lucky.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I mean I love the prospect of Kenny Scott from Ga Tech in the 4th as well...and Courtney Brown...wow a lot of CBs I want...but all of those guys would be great, even if we traded a 4th for him AND we picked up even both of those guys, we could eliminate Rossy and Webster.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
mahnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I mean I love the prospect of Kenny Scott from Ga Tech in the 4th as well
Or how about we pick him up in the 5th? Maybe Tech can start producing prospects that continuously go under the radar, get drafted in the 5th, and excel in the NFL two years in a row. Interesting. Think that would help Tech Nation steal some recruits from UGA???
Old 03-28-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I would love for the ACC to steal top recruits from the overrated SEC.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you all still see this as a possibility given the move of Williams to CB #2?

The only way I would do it (from a Bengals standpoint) is for a 3rd, not to say he's worth that but mostly because if we trade him then we must start a rookie CB from day one and we lose depth. If we could manage a 3rd then it would be worth it to me, if I was the Falcons I wouldn't give up a 3rd for him.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sounds to me , like this would indicate ,Atlanta has all but given up on Landry falling to them at 8.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I think Deltha O'Neal would do two things;

1. He would push Jimmy Williams, which is always a good thing to never let a young guy have the job by default.

2. It would allow the team to cut Jason Webster, which is A-Ok, in my books.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe its more indictive of them feeling comfortable with jimmy at safety, with 2 good corners....

as much as i would of loved to see landry in ATL, i dont think he makes it to 8 for some reason, now if he were id still take him even with o neal, but jimmy is the wildcard, its nice to have those types of guys, help out in areas of need

*EDIT*

I just saw the sticky where jimmy will be CB, good move with him losing weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 03-29-2007 at 02:15 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
maybe its more indictive of them feeling comfortable with jimmy at safety, with 2 good corners....

as much as i would of loved to see landry in ATL, i dont think he makes it to 8 for some reason, now if he were id still take him even with o neal, but jimmy is the wildcard, its nice to have those types of guys, help out in areas of need
No, because Bobby Petrino named Jimmy Williams as the starting corner yesterday. I have the article up, stickied, if you want to read it.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
No, because Bobby Petrino named Jimmy Williams as the starting corner yesterday. I have the article up, stickied, if you want to read it.
yea i just edited, i saw it late my bad....

so do you think even if they land o neal they still go safety to complete the secondary...landry if he is there of course, but do you think nelson at 8 is a reach?

still not sure if petrino would want to address safety or DE first, or it may depend on who is there

Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

According to Adam Schefter, every other NFL team in the top-10 is convinced Atlanta is enamored with Laron Landry. If that's the case, with so many extra picks, Atlanta may leapfrog Minnesota to get him.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
o'neal... webster must've been absolutely awful if you want to replace him with deltha.
Unfortunately, yes it is. Webster is a strange combination of small, and still really slow. The only coverage he can do sit back ten yards off the receiver, and tackle the receiver after they make a eight yard catch on a slant route. Not only that, he's grossly overpaid, and constantly injured.

He is, hands down, the most hated Falcon.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
According to Adam Schefter, every other NFL team in the top-10 is convinced Atlanta is enamored with Laron Landry. If that's the case, with so many extra picks, Atlanta may leapfrog Minnesota to get him.
i think he's a great pick, but i think it might be worth it tryingn something similiar to taking anderson with the 8th, and trading up to take merriweather early 2nd if he's around....it wouldnt take much, since he might be close to ending up a 2nd rd pick as well....

of course it could go both ways, but i think you get better value since merriweather would obviously be higher if not for character and anderson could be the most talented DE to take, although im not sure if he would start opposite abrahams, or spell him

Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I believe it'd be a perfect case scenario should Landry fall to 7 that Mn and Atl swap picks. We're desperate IMO to pick up some extra's on day 1.

If not (and the Falcons stay put) I could see Levi Brown getting called when Atlanta picks.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

That would be a solid value. Plus a back-up plan if Jimmy Williams ends up switching to safety in later years. I like him at CB though, and I am glad they made the desicion to keep him there.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bigfanga

Remember that Deltha has experience returning kicks so that's another feather in his cap, Falcon-wise.

Honestly, though, I remember seeing that Deltha was named recently in the Bengals offseason moves. I thought he was cut, but probably it was something about his tender offer. So...I assume he was tendered at the lowest level, am I right?

I'd love to get Deltha at the right price just to provide depth and allow the Falcons to release Webster & Rossum.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
mahnee

Anything's an improvement over Webster's overpaid @$$. Do you guys really want Rossum gone that bad?? I mean he's horrible in coverage, but he's a great return man. I'm just a little partial to him because I always have him on my Fantasy team
Old 03-29-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Any word on anything? I'd like to see if this is just a buncha bologna or not.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Well Adam Schefter is usually money. He said we were trying to trade for him, not that it would happen at any specific time.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Alright, just wanted to know what was being talked about for picks and compensation.