Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:06 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that fight thing is annoying.

Still, we got a big WR who works well with Cutler. We'll deal with it.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, that fight thing is annoying.

Still, we got a big WR who works well with Cutler. We'll deal with it.
Annoyingly suspendable perhaps!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Annoyingly suspendable perhaps!
Still be 12 more games than we had a worthwhile receiver last year.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still be 12 more games than we had a worthwhile receiver last year.
With his past, it's thought he'll be suspended for a full season with his next infraction. Something Miami was always very worried about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
With his past, it's thought he'll be suspended for a full season with his next infraction. Something Miami was always very worried about.
His last suspension was 1 game. If Big Ben got 4 for what he supposedly did, I can't see Marshall getting a full year.

I'd be more annoyed if we suddenly voided this trade because of this.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Marshall Contract clause guaranteeing 6M of his 9.3M base is voided if he is suspended by NFL"

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:19 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His last suspension was 1 game. If Big Ben got 4 for what he supposedly did, I can't see Marshall getting a full year.

I agree. The guy is obviously a jerk, doesn't seem to like women very much, and people seem to think it's a good idea to try to kill him. With all of that being said, he really hasn't done anything that I think really justifies a year-long suspension.

Then again, Goodell may be looking to come down on him for his possible role in escalating **** on the night that Darrent Williams was killed.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Goodell is also frying some bigger fish around the league right now. At absolute worst, I'm expecting something like 6 games reduced to 4 if he stays out of trouble, much like Ben a few years ago. And hopefully not even that.

Plus, in the last 2 years, the Bears went 11-5 then 7-3 with Cutler healthy despite crap on the o-line, crap at WR and an offensive coordinator who did not play anyone to their strengths. Being without Marshall for any length of time would suck, but we could probably survive it. He'd still to participate in offseason activities and the preseason and has previous experience playing with Cutler.

It would suck, but I think we could survive.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Jay Cutler just can't catch a break.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It would suck, but I think we could survive.
Yeah, 4-6 games is nothing, really. As a Packer fan, I was sad to hear about the trade. I think that with a legit #1 WR, the entire unit could step it up a notch. I think you guys have two or three legit #2 WRs who were forced to try to be #1's.

Also, Jay Cutler has personally seen the good and the bad of Brandon Marshall, and he presumably supported the trade. That has to say something good about Marshall.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yea, idk how Goodell decides these things, I'm just saying that was the feeling around Miami. Who knows, maybe the attorney is right and he didn't hit anyone and he won't be suspended. I just know that many felt he would be getting a year-long ban next time he messed up. I hope for the Bears sake that's not the case.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Yea, idk how Goodell decides these things,
I'm pretty sure that he makes it up as he goes along.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Marshall is a giant turd and a ticking time bomb. Miami was wise to get rid of him before it was too late.

At this point I'm thinking Miami got the better end of the deal. We're talking about a WR with borderline personality disorder, frequent run ins with the law regarding domestic abuse, his wife almost killed him, he has a diva attitude, he's probably going to get suspended and rightfully so.

How is he worth it? You want good WRs Chicago? Draft one. You don't need this garbage. This is his 3rd team for a reason. Fool me once, shame on me...
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time I watch a Dolphins game I see Marshall drop about 4 passes. As a Packers fan I hope this continues, but for the bears sake I hope he remembers how to catch.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Goodell is also frying some bigger fish around the league right now. At absolute worst, I'm expecting something like 6 games reduced to 4 if he stays out of trouble, much like Ben a few years ago. And hopefully not even that.
A repeat offender who has a history with violence allegedly punched a women in the face. That's a big fish to fry at any time, homeslice.

Also, "hopefully not even that"? You don't think IF he punched a girl he should be suspended more than 4 games? I think one should be implying hopefully he didn't punch a women, not that he hopefully gets a weak punishment despite punching a women.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:26 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How is he worth it? You want good WRs Chicago? Draft one. You don't need this garbage. This is his 3rd team for a reason. Fool me once, shame on me...
When was the last time that the Bears were able to draft a #1 WR?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
A repeat offender who has a history with violence allegedly punched a women in the face. That's a big fish to fry at any time, homeslice.

Also, "hopefully not even that"? You don't think IF he punched a girl he should be suspended more than 4 games? I think one should be implying hopefully he didn't punch a women, not that he hopefully gets a weak punishment despite punching a women.
I say "hopefully not even that" because I'm hoping the story is what his attorney said, which wouldn't put him in any trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Never. It has never happened.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling if the Redskins gave two third rounders for Marshall we would get completely mocked by Bears fans.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I have a feeling if the Redskins gave two third rounders for Marshall we would get completely mocked by Bears fans.
Why? (ten char)

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The character issues are there, but I think he can really be a true #1 NFL receiver when he wants to be. He'll be driven in Chicago with Cutler on a playoff team.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Why? (ten char)
Because of his personality and past plus everything that has been mentioned about a possible suspension. I know they didn't know until after they made the trade but I still think it was a lot to give up for Marshall.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
The last three receivers they have drafted in the first round have two 1000 yard seasons. Marty Booker is the closest thing we've had to a number one receiver in my life and he sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The last three receivers they have drafted in the first round have two 1000 yard seasons. Marty Booker is the closest thing we've had to a number one receiver in my life and he sucks.
Doesn't mean you can't draft one ever again.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
That's because your franchise is run by morons; it's a safe bet to bet against them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's because your franchise is run by morons; it's a safe bet to bet against them.
I'm not looking for Redskins sympathy, trust me. I just think it's funny that Bears fans think their only resort to finding a WR is trading 2 third rounders for someone with borderline personality disorder.

And yes our front office gave $21 mil to a #2 WR, I get it.

Steddy Ambition!