Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins:

LT: Jake Long
LG: Richie Incognito
C: Mike Pouncey
RG: Nate Garner/Artis Hicks/John Jerry
RT: Lydon Murtha

All indications are this new regime likes Murtha and is willing to let him win the starting RT job and that's why they low-balled Winston. In addition, after signing Hicks to a $2.5 million deal, they seem content to let the two young guys, Jerry and Garner, battle it out with Hicks to be the starting RG. I expect Miami to draft a couple offensive linemen, a guard and tackle, but I would be surprised if they used a premium pick on either. Thinking one of the 3rd round picks and the 6th or something like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Rams...

LT: Rodger Saffold
LG: ???
C: Scott Wells
RG: Harvey Dahl
RT: Jason Smith

Saffold regressed in 2011 and Smith continued to disappoint, but the Jeff Fisher regime may be inclined to at least give Saffold another year as he was solid as a rookie in 2010. The Rams allowed starting LG Jacob Bell and starting centers Jason Brown and Tony Wragge to hit free agency, so there are some major vacancies along the interior of the line. RG Dahl was a quality free agent signing last year.

The Rams signed Packers center Scott Wells so they're set at center. They also have a visit lined up with RT Eric Winston, if he escapes Kansas City. The Rams have been identified as a team that could use its sixth overall pick on an offensive lineman, though I think most Rams fans would tell you they're not crazy about the value of any OL prospects there. The top pick of the second round could be in play for OL, given the number of late first round guys that could slip there.

Last edited by NGSeiler : 03-16-2012 at 09:10 PM.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Jason Pinkston
C: Alex Mack
RG: Shawn Lauvao
RT: Oniel Cousins

If the season were to start today, this is how we look. Outside of Thomas and Mack, there's not a lot there to like. Pinkston showed promise as a rookie last year, so I'm not too worried about upgrading him. Lauvao hasn't really seemed to step up in his first two years and Cousins I fully expect to be a backup by the time the season starts or we will have problems.
Browns have to bring in a right tackle this offseason (I'm positive they will, whether it be via free agency, draft, or trade). They need another starting guard as well, hopefully they don't feel like Lauvao/Pinkston is gonna work. Last year we started those two and we couldn't run the ball for jack ****.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh here we go

Marcus Gilbert
No one?
Maurkice Pouncey
Ramon Foster
Willie Colon

Backups- Jonathan Scott, and im pretty sure Legursky and Essex arent under contract yet even if they bring them back.

Marcus Gilbert showed promise last year, fought through injuries, looked smooth in pass protection and showed the ability to recover after getting beat. He will get a shot at LT this season and should win it easily over Jonathan Scott who i cant believe is in the NFL

Kemoeatu was cut, good riddance

Pouncey had ankle problems, but if we get real guards he will make magic again like he did his rookie year.

Ramon Foster is not a starting NFL guard, but a very good backup at guard and probably RT.

Willie Colon has sat out 2 years with injuries, he should be 100% now though, his last injury wasnt as bad of a rehab as his first one. When healthy he is a tremendous drive blocking RT and above average in all aspects of his game. last year before he got hurt i think he looked as good as ever.

Essex is a 330 pound finesse player, statiscally one of the worst guards in the league when he starts. Legursky is a very useful backup center, but not a starter at guard like they wanted to make him. And chris scott is an unknown still pretty much, may battle for LG again.

So basically the steelers need 2 guards, or a guard and center and move pouncey to LG. A guy like Mike Adams is also possible, but imo if they were to draft 2 guards in the first 2-3 rounds this unit could be a beast. I say like the saints if they really sure up the interior the tackles will look like world beaters even if they are average, but i like gilber and colon. so much of what the saints do on offense is credited to the guards. Adding Cordy Glenn and Brandon Brooks or washington/osemele/zeitler would go a long way to making a glaring hole into a strength.

Pouncey woudl be brilliant between 2 340+ pound guards, and colon and gilbert would greatly benefit. The likes of Darnell stapleton, trai essex, sean mahan, and justin hartwig need to stop. Hartwig hasnt played in 2 years and he still leads the league in sacks given up by a center over the last 5...thats ridiculous

Interior needs to be addressed, thats all there is to it
Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers
LT: Clifton/Newhouse
LG: Lang/Dietrich-Smith/Dominguez
C: ???/Dietrich-Smith
RG: Sitton/Dietrich-Smith/Dominguez
RT: Bulaga/Newhouse/Lang?

Not sure where to put Sherrod at this point. He is definitely a LT but I don't expect him to contribute anything this year coming off of his injury. That's why I think they bring back Clifton hopefully at a reduced salary. I think he'd enter camp as the starter but wouldn't be surprised if Newhouse ended up the LT on opening day.

Center is a mess. Even if they can somehow re-sign Wells there is no depth behind him. They have Genus but he's not a realistic option. If they lose Wells, they'll have to get a veteran FA or rely on starting a rookie, because EDS is not the answer.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 03-16-2012 at 10:43 AM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers

Assumed Starters

LT - Joe Staley (27)
LG - Mike Iupati (24)
C - Jonathan Goodwin (33)
RG -
RT - Anthony Davis (22)

Expected 53

Alex Boone (24) - Primary backup at both tackle positions. Was utilized regularly in 2011 in Harbaugh's "Jumbo" packages.

Daniel Kilgore (24) - Trent Baalke traded up to draft him last season, but with Adam Snyder and Chilo Rachal on the roster, Kilgore was never on the active roster. He is expected to have every opportunity to compete for the starting RG position. He is being treated as an option at any interior position.

Mike Person (23) - Drafted just last season, Person is expected to take over the swing role that Adam Snyder had manned for years. Person has seen most of his work at RT but he is being worked at both tackle and guard.

Practice Squad 2011

Chase Beeler - C 6'3" 285lbs. R (24)
Garrett Chisolm - G 6'6" 299lbs. R (23)
Derek Hall - OT 6'5" 307lbs. R (24)
Kenny Wiggins - OT 6'6" 314lbs. R (23)

Subtractions

Adam Snyder - Signed 5-year deal with Cardinals
Chilo Rachal - Still remains a FA. No indication the 49ers plan to bring him back.

Eleven players on the roster. Only one of which over the age of 27.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-16-2012 at 10:33 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Bears:

Entire Line - Poop

Really:
LT - J'Marcus Webb
LG - Edwin Williams
C - Roberto Garza
RG - Chris Spencer
RT - Gabe Carimi - Lance Louis

God that's awful....I'm not even sure of what other backups we have now that Omiyele has been cut. I think Levi Horn was on our practice squad and he's a tackle.

The saving grace in it all is Cutler. Despite the line, we've gone 11-5 and 7-3 in the last two seasons when he's been healthy. And when he got hurt last year, it wasn't even the fault of the o-line.

I don't know if it's a direction we'll look in the first round since I think DE will provide a little better value and is a more gaping hole, but I don' think it would hurt to add depth/competition with some of our other picks.
You're forgetting about Chris Williams. Edwin Williams wont be starting.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
You're forgetting about Chris Williams. Edwin Williams wont be starting.
Neither should be starting. I'm not sure either should be on an NFL roster. But we have what we have. I realized that I left out (Chris) Williams a few posts later.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TACKLE has a much more optimistic view of the Ravens offensive line then I do. We'd rather pay Bryant McKinnie 4.5 million dollars a year then resign Ben Grubbs. That should tell you everything you need to know about our offensive line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Neither should be starting. I'm not sure either should be on an NFL roster. But we have what we have. I realized that I left out (Chris) Williams a few posts later.
Williams wasnt bad last season. He's a starting caliber player it's just the injuries.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
TACKLE has a much more optimistic view of the Ravens offensive line then I do. We'd rather pay Bryant McKinnie 4.5 million dollars a year then resign Ben Grubbs. That should tell you everything you need to know about our offensive line.
For a guy who thinks he can run an NFL franchise, you sure don't care about the salary cap. That is a pretty big part of it, I think.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Cowboys:

LT - Tyron Smith - Jermey Parnell
LG - Kyle Kosier - David Arkin
C - Phil Costa - Kevin Kowalski
RG - Mackenzy Bernadeau - Bill Nagy
RT - Doug Free

Now this is the current setup, I assure you this will NOT be the lineup on week 1. Rumors of sliding Kosier to C and picking up at least one, probably two more guards in the draft/FA.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
For a guy who thinks he can run an NFL franchise, you sure don't care about the salary cap. That is a pretty big part of it, I think.
Explain to me why exactly cutting McKinnie (set to make nearly 4.5 million dollars next year) and allocating that money, combined with some of the 7.7 million we have left to resign Grubbs, who got a deal averaging 7.2 million dollars, is unrealistic? The cap is set to jump significantly in 2014 and we're going to lose big salaries in Ray and Reed soon. Forgive me if I'm skeptical of letting a young, elite player walk in FA when resources could have been spent retaining him. Moving Oher to LT and starting Reid at RT wouldn't be any worse then having that useless fatass McKinnie at LT. I fail to see how any of this is unrealistic and any different then what 10 franchises have already done in FA. You cut old ****** players to resign young, elite ones. Or maybe you're right Vidae, letting him walk for nothing is going to make our offensive line stronger. After all, we've got Bryant McKinnie protecting Flacco for Cam Cameron's repeated 5 and 7 step drops!
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
ummm....it does?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos:

LT - Ryan Clady
LG - Zane Beadles
C - J.D. Walton
RG - Chris Kuper
RT - Orlando Franklin

sixth man - T Ryan Harris

At tackle, the team seems set. Franklin started as a rookie and is a road grader, but needs to work on pass protect. Clady is solid on the other side. Harris is starter quality, but is so injury prone that he can't be relied on to play a full season.

Guard is a position with some question marks. Kuper is recovering from a serious injury - if healthy, he's the line leader and a solid starter. Beadles can pull well but otherwise he's very inconsistent. This is the most likely place to see an upgrade in the draft given the quality interior OL prospects available and the Broncos draft position.

At center, Walton has shown some progress but again, is inconsistent. He sometimes looks lost in pass protect. The fact that Beadles and Walton are side-by-side doesn't help. Firming up one of the two spots (C, LG) would benefit the other as well.

If a good option at RT came along, or if the team was really confident in Ryan Harris' health (big mistake IMO), they might consider moving Orlando Franklin to guard.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
ummm....it does?
I think that statement is fairly demonstrative of the current state of our offensive line. Like I said, you're much more optimistic then I am. I gave up on next season when we resigned Cam Cameron though.

Of course the real reason we didn't resign Grubbs is because we're about to give Flacco 80 million dollars, which is problematic in and of itself. This hell of an offseason is getting worse instead of better. We're going to end up with Jonathon Martin in the first round.
Quote:
Old 03-16-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Beatty was awful in what I saw of him last year.
And the alternative? The run game sucked just as much with Diehl in there at LT and the the upgrade in pass protection was absolutely minimal.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings Projected O-Line:

LT: Matt Kalil (3rd overall), DeMarcus Love
LG: Charlie Johnson, Joe Berger
C: John Sullivan, Bruce Frusco
RG: FA and/or Draft
RT: Phil Loadholt, Patrick Brown

Most people believe Matt Kalil is the pick @ 3 so we will go off the assumption he is. Charlie Johnson played LG earlier in his career, and is expected to return there. John Sullivan was arguably our best offensive lineman this past season, and certainly was once Hutch went down, resigned long term during the year. Loadholt is serviceable at RT, nothing special but was a 2nd round pick a couple years ago and started every game since. Big hole at RG, released Herrera a few days ago. Frusco started some games for us but is best suited in a backup role.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars

LT: Eugene Monroe
LG: Will Rackley
C: Brad Meester
RG: Uche Nwaneri
RT: Eben Britton

Monroe and Nwaneri are solid players, not going anywhere. Rackley was bad as a rookie, but will definitely be given another shot as the starter. Meester has been up and down the last 3 years and he's about 33 or 34. Replacement will be needed soon. Britton needs to stay healthy. Hard to even evaluate how good he is right now. So center is the only position that we for sure need to fix, with possibility of LG and RT next offseason.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
The Patriots' 2012 opening day lineup should look like this:

LT: Nate Solder
LG: Logan Mankins
C: Dan Connolly
RG: Brian Waters
RT: Sebastian Vollmer

Marcus Cannon would be the swing backup behind Waters/Vollmer. Matt Light is projected to retire, and Dan Koppen to leave in FA. Either Konz or Zeitler could be first-round options.
It was quite possibly the best offensive line in the NFL last year. Connolly (29) has at least a few more years and Wendell is only 25. Really don't see C as a need or a position they're particularly worried about at this point. Before Koppen got injured and they were forced to use someone else? Yeah. After we saw what Connolly/Wendell can do? Nope.

They might bring in another OT if Light retires so Cannon can start getting work at RG, but that line is pretty well set at this point.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It was quite possibly the best offensive line in the NFL last year. Connolly (29) has at least a few more years and Wendell is only 25. Really don't see C as a need or a position they're particularly worried about at this point. Before Koppen got injured and they were forced to use someone else? Yeah. After we saw what Connolly/Wendell can do? Nope.

They might bring in another OT if Light retires so Cannon can start getting work at RG, but that line is pretty well set at this point.
Waters is probably in his last year, and I believe the team has said that they view Cannon as more of a tackle than a guard. Plus, next year the Vollmer situation is going to be a big topic. I could very easily see them franchising him and then trading him if they're confident with Solder and Cannon. I doubt BB will want to pay Vollmer the kind of cash that he can potentially make with his skillset.

With the picks they have, I doubt BB would hesitate to take Konz or Zeitler if they're the highest rated players on his board.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers

LT Joe Staley
LG Mike Iupati
C Jonathan Goodwin
RG ???
RT Anthony Davis

4/5 are set. I wanted them to re-sign Snyder for at least two years. Now, im hoping they sign veteran OG Jake Scott who was replaced by Hutchinson in TEN. Wouldnt be surprised if they traded up in the draft to acquire DeCastro.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Waters is probably in his last year, and I believe the team has said that they view Cannon as more of a tackle than a guard. Plus, next year the Vollmer situation is going to be a big topic. I could very easily see them franchising him and then trading him if they're confident with Solder and Cannon. I doubt BB will want to pay Vollmer the kind of cash that he can potentially make with his skillset.

With the picks they have, I doubt BB would hesitate to take Konz or Zeitler if they're the highest rated players on his board.
Boom. I have similar thoughts.
I see Vollmer being let go/traded, Cannon starting at RT.
If we get Konz, he starts at C with Connolly at RG
If we go with Zeitler, Connolly stays at C with Z-man manning the RG spot

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No mention of the fact that Solder kind of sucked last year? I mean, he was raw and wasn't even supposed to be on the field, but he was bad more often than not when I saw him.

I recall in the Ravens playoff game for instance, Paul Kruger using him like a turnstyle on 2 straight plays. And Paul Kruger is nothing special.

Hopefully he improves but seriously, a LOT of people were wary of him in the draft for these reasons. I didn't even have him as a first rounder.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No mention of the fact that Solder kind of sucked last year? I mean, he was raw and wasn't even supposed to be on the field, but he was bad more often than not when I saw him.

I recall in the Ravens playoff game for instance, Paul Kruger using him like a turnstyle on 2 straight plays. And Paul Kruger is nothing special.

Hopefully he improves but seriously, a LOT of people were wary of him in the draft for these reasons. I didn't even have him as a first rounder.
He was up and down for most of the year. He'd usually make a glaring mistake every couple of games, but had stretches against some pretty good guys where he certainly held his own. I'd venture to say that he was as good as any rookie offensive tackle outside of Smith and . I certainly wasn't disappointed and am definitely encouraged considering we all knew he was a work in progress when we drafted him. The Kruger thing was probably his low point for the entire season. Plus, Scarneccia is a miracle worker, any high upside guy usually turns out pretty good with him after a couple years of tutelage.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote