Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
The Bills have a decent amount of upcoming free agents and a few of them could be in for big pay days no matter where they end up. I tried to list them in order of importance to the team or any team that might look at them if they hit the open market.

Jairus Byrd S - One of the best young safeties in the game. If he hit the open market he'd probably end up being one of the highest paid safeties of all time with the scarcity of safety talent in the league right now and lack of prospects in the draft. Definitely need to re-sign him before he sees how much other teams will pay.
Fred Jackson RB - He'll be 32, but he doesn't have a lot of mileage and is one of the most complete backs in the league and is highly effective wherever he is on the field (would probably be better than most teams slot receivers if you just stuck him there), and offers a tonne of versatility. He isn't worth as much as he probably thinks he is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills or any other team give him a 3 year deal worth 7-8 mil per season.
Andy Levitre OG - One of the better guards in the league, the Bills should be able to get him to sign a new contract before free agency starts, if not he'll probably end up getting a contract similar to the one Grubbs signed with New Orleans assuming the cap number goes up next year.
Leodis McKelvin CB - Really inconsistent, gives up a lot of penalties but can go on 2-3 game streaks where he just shuts receivers down all game long. I can definitely see him hitting the open market and some team drastically over paying him like Eric Wright, but I can also see him improving his game even though he's been in the league for a while already.
Brian Moorman P - The Bills will probably make him one of the highest paid punters of all time, and hes totally worth it.
David Nelson WR (RFA) - Solid possession receiver, nothing spectacular, but he's an athletic big guy who looks like a tight-end. He'll be tendered as a restricted free agent, but probably only for a 2nd round tender at most.
Spencer Johnson DT - He's been a quality depth player for the Bills and is definitely a quality rotational DT, especially in pass rushing situations, I wouldn't mind keeping him around behind Williams and Dareus.
Shawne Merriman LB - With the switch to the 4-3 he should hit the open market.
Alex Carrington DE - Hasn't done much since being drafted, but he's been playing all sorts of random positions. He'll probably back up Mario Williams at LDE this year where he should have been the entire time. He'll probably end up re-signing on a cheap contract unless he looks good as a rotational guy this year.
Donald Jones WR (RFA) - Depth wide receiver, he'll get the lowest restricted free agent tender probably.
Kraig Urbik and Chad Rinehart too me thinks.

We need to sign Levitre, Byrd before Week 1. Both are Top 5 at their positions before their rookie contract comes up. I'm a McKelvin guy. I hope we keep him at a reasonable price.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notable Dallas FAs

Mike Jenkins | CB: Jenkins has had an up and down career thus far looking like a top 10 Corner in 2009 while following it up with an abysmal campaign in 2010. He seemed to have bounced back this past season but was hampered throughout the season with multiple injuries that he played through, most notably a separated shoulder that required surgery in January. After signing Brandon Carr to a big deal and extending Orlando Scandrick last summer, Dallas may not want to pay out another big contract at CB to Jenkins. However he's still young and has proven to be a capable #2 when healthy, if he hits the open market he should spark a lot of interest.

Felix Jones | RB: While Felix can be an exciting player with homerun speed, his injury history has really limited his production and in this past season where he was slated to take over as the full time starter he only lasted a few games before being sidelined by another injury opening the door for DeMarco Murray to pass him on the depth chart. He's an 8-10 carry a game back who can really thrive in that role but you're gambling on his durability if you're counting on him to be you're change of pace runner. But like I said, when he's healthy he's a special runner in space.

Anthony Spencer | OLB: Apparently the Dallas FO likes Spencer a whole lot more than the fans do, slapping the Franchise tag on him this off-season which will pay him an upwards of $8.8M. He's proven to be a below average pass rusher but he does just about everything else pretty well. I don't think he'd be getting looks from teams to be the #1 guy off the edge but he's a nice complimentary player who you won't have to worry too much about on the other side as a starter. Should be noted that he admitted to "mailing days in" during Dallas' 6-10 2010 campaign, so there may be some red flags about his commitment.

Victor Butler | OLB: I think this is the player most likely to hit the market out of the 4 mentioned, and he could be a diamond in the rough. Vic has been a victim of Dallas' commitment to Spencer resulting in limited playing time despite many Dallas fans wanting to see him in an expanded role over the past 2 seasons. In the times they've brought him in to rush the passer on Nickel downs he has made the most of his opportunity and has some nice potential as an edge rusher. Since we tagged Spencer I have a feeling Vic will want to test the market next season to get a chance for a starting gig, as he rightfully should. He'd definitely be an under the radar guy I'd keep in mind if you're looking for a low cost edge rusher.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-17-2012 at 11:47 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
DJ Moorezzzzz!!!! I wanted him so bad a few years ago in the draft. I hope he comes to NE. Mmmoarrrrr corners please!
I don't think he's capable of playing outside corner. At least, Lovie doesn't seem to think so.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I don't think he's capable of playing outside corner. At least, Lovie doesn't seem to think so.
The Patriots actually probably need a slot corner more than an outside guy, although the CB position is much more well-stocked than people think. Devin McCourty and Ras-I Dowling project as the starters on the outside, with Kyle Arrington and Sterling Moore as depth/slot options. Steve Gregory was also signed to work a little bit in the slot and Malcolm Williams is an up-and-coming special teams contributor who plays both CB and S.

Most assume that the Patriots are weak at cornerback but McCourty's struggles last season can be primarily attributed to the revolving door of poor options at safety over the top, which left him with no help against receivers such as Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, etc. Josh Barrett, Sergio Brown, James Ihedigbo, etc. just didn't get it done as starters and Patrick Chung was injured for half of the season. The defense played much better when Chung was on the field, and Dowling looked excellent before being hurt as well. If New England can add a reliable center-fielder at free safety and get more consistent pressure on QBs, the cornerbacks should be a highlight of the defensive play.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Anthony Spencer | OLB: Apparently the Dallas FO likes Spencer a whole lot more than the fans do, slapping the Franchise tag on him this off-season which will pay him an upwards of $8.8M. He's proven to be a below average pass rusher but he does just about everything else pretty well. I don't think he'd be getting looks from teams to be the #1 guy off the edge but he's a nice complimentary player who you won't have to worry too much about on the other side as a starter. Should be noted that he admitted to "mailing days in" during Dallas' 6-10 2010 campaign, so there may be some red flags about his commitment.

The cowboys should go after Wimbley and get a deal in place then life the franchise tag from Spencer.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Kraig Urbik and Chad Rinehart too me thinks.

We need to sign Levitre, Byrd before Week 1. Both are Top 5 at their positions before their rookie contract comes up. I'm a McKelvin guy. I hope we keep him at a reasonable price.
Good call on Rinehart and Urbik, they're both still listed as 2012 free agents on rotoworld. I guess they either haven't signed their RFA tenders, or rotoworld hasn't update their contracts yet so I missed them. I'll edit them into my post for anyone who cares about the Bills.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
The Patriots actually probably need a slot corner more than an outside guy, although the CB position is much more well-stocked than people think. Devin McCourty and Ras-I Dowling project as the starters on the outside, with Kyle Arrington and Sterling Moore as depth/slot options. Steve Gregory was also signed to work a little bit in the slot and Malcolm Williams is an up-and-coming special teams contributor who plays both CB and S.

Most assume that the Patriots are weak at cornerback but McCourty's struggles last season can be primarily attributed to the revolving door of poor options at safety over the top, which left him with no help against receivers such as Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, etc. Josh Barrett, Sergio Brown, James Ihedigbo, etc. just didn't get it done as starters and Patrick Chung was injured for half of the season. The defense played much better when Chung was on the field, and Dowling looked excellent before being hurt as well. If New England can add a reliable center-fielder at free safety and get more consistent pressure on QBs, the cornerbacks should be a highlight of the defensive play.
This just isn't true, I've heard way too many Pats fans use this excuse. Did it contribute to the problem, yes, but the truth is he just plain sucked. He sucked against small quick wide receivers, he sucked against big wide receivers, he sucked against fast wide receivers, he just sucked against everyone. He couldn't play man, he couldn't play press, and he played mediocrely in zone coverage. He couldn't track the ball once it was in the air, and his tackling got worse.

Outside CB is a far bigger need than a slot corner, and I don't even know how that could be a question. Dowling can't stay healthy, and what if McCourty doesn't get better? Then we're destined for last season repeating itself all over again. McCourty would be better in the slot anyways, as would Arrington.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 03-17-2012 at 04:27 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams:

Josh Brown K
Craig Dahl FS
Bradley Fletcher CB
Brandon Gibson WR
Steven Jackson? (Voidable Year)
James Laurinaitis LB
Chris Long DE

Rams currently have around 30 million in Cap Space for next season so I believe they'll get deals done with Fletch, Long and James.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
xposipx
Rookie

xposipx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Panthers:

Steve Smith (WR)
Jeff Otah (RT)
Darius Butler (CB)
Sherrod Martin (FS)
Jason Williams (OLB)
Mike Goodson (RB)
Ben Hartsock (TE)
Captain Munnerlyn (CB)
Andre Neblett (DT)
Kion Wilson (LB)
Jyles Tucker (LB)
Ogemdi Nwaguo (DT)
Jason Phillips (LB)
Richie Brockel (FB)
Derek Anderson (QB)
xposipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
The cowboys should go after Wimbley and get a deal in place then life the franchise tag from Spencer.
I would welcome that, but I have a feeling if they plan on moving on from Spencer they're more likely to just draft a successor in April and groom him behind Spencer for a year. Maybe give him a similar role to what Aldon Smith was asked to do this year for the Niners.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-18-2012 at 12:59 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeSean McCoy, but he should be extended by then. No one else really unless I'm missing something. Could see them make a move at QB sooner than people think despite Vick's contract.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
Tom Crabtree
Chad Clifton
Evan Dietrich-Smith
TJ Lang
Jarius Wynn
Brad Jones
Frank Zombo
Rob Francois
Sam Shields
Charlie Peprah
Tim Masthay
Brett Goode

No way Jennings or Shields makes it to free agency and a couple are RFA's, hopefully jennings and shields get done during the year. Upon further reserch Shields is a RFA next year.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote