Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team will trade for Him?
Jaguars 44 40.00%
Dolphins 22 20.00%
49ers 3 2.73%
Browns 7 6.36%
Buccaneers 0 0%
Chiefs 1 0.91%
Jets 17 15.45%
Bills 7 6.36%
Raiders 2 1.82%
Saints because it's fitting and he's better than Brees 7 6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
I expect we'll see Tebow in a version of the wildcat. Fans who love Tebow will stop buying tickets if he's just on the bench.
And this leads back to what I've been saying, about how he's simply not worth the fan headache to simply be a FB/TE/H-back on a team.

On a place like the Pats with a great QB already in place, it might be a little easier. But in a place like that, there's no reason to run the wildcat, which would be one of Tebow's greatest uses until he actually learns to play another position. Every pass you take out of the hands of a great QB like Brady is a wasted one for the offense.

I just don't think any reasonable football minds in the league will want to put up with the headache Tebow brings along. But some owner somewhere is going to see the $$$$ in Tebow and demand that he be brought in.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, in Jacksonville when Gabbert struggles and the team loses fans will be screaming for Tebow. They could start booing Gabbert. They might do that anyway.

Same problem in Miami.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else scratching their head a bit about the talk of Tebow to Green Bay?

Ok, so they need a new backup QB. I got that. Tebow is a high character guy who could also be had pretty cheap...I got that too.

Where they lose me is when they talk about all the work they had to do to correct Rodgers release. Rodgers release was NEVER as bad as Tebow's. No one's has ever been as bad as Tebow's.

Saying that they corrected Rodgers' release and therefore could correct Tebow's is like saying "I built a tool shed therefore I can built the Taj-Mahal."

Good luck with that. Plus that offense is just so finely tuned that it would fall completely apart should Tebow have to play.

I mean hell, just look at what happened to it when Rodgers had a slightly off game in the playoffs. Now imagine a "Rodgers off game" times 1000 and you have Tebow playing QB.
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Why on earth have multiple people named the Pats as a landing spot?
They were heavily interested in him the year he was eligible for the draft.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
I expect we'll see Tebow in a version of the wildcat. Fans who love Tebow will stop buying tickets if he's just on the bench.
You don't run gadget plays when you have Peyton!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
They were heavily interested in him the year he was eligible for the draft.
Probably as a non-QB. I could see them doing if the price was low enough, but there's no way he beats out the other two backups on the roster, and I just don't see someone like Belichick using a roster spot on a 3rd TE/FB/h-back who won't play special teams.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Belichick has before, Garrett Mills for example is a player they tried in that mold. If the Pats somehow can find a suitor for the 2nd round tender on Brian Hoyer, wouldn't be a major surprise to see them pursue Tebow.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Belichick has before, Garrett Mills for example is a player they tried in that mold. If the Pats somehow can find a suitor for the 2nd round tender on Brian Hoyer, wouldn't be a major surprise to see them pursue Tebow.
Couple of things: One is that I'm pretty sure had he been healthy and made the active roster, Mills would have been playing some special teams. Blocking, gunning, doing something.

Secondly, he never did make the active roster. He went on IR, was released, claimed on waivers, bounced around, and then ended up on the Pats practice squad.

His situation is only similar to Tebow's in that they would both be projected to play that position on offense. Someone like Mills as a 3rd string TE/FB/h-back would also contribute on special teams and I doubt that Tebow would.

Although that would be pretty cool to see Tebow light up a return man.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Denver ends up picking a QB sometime in the 3/4 round range. I think Cousins would be a good fit as Manning's back up and potential replacement.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I wonder if Denver ends up picking a QB sometime in the 3/4 round range. I think Cousins would be a good fit as Manning's back up and potential replacement.
I'm sure they will. The only other guy on the roster I believe is Adam Weber.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Is anyone else scratching their head a bit about the talk of Tebow to Green Bay?
Yes. I mean, I get the basic idea: coach him up for the duration of contract, hopefully he can fill in and win a few games, and then you get a compensatory pick when he leaves. Besides, trying to turn raw QBs into passable starters is McCarthy's hobby, and he's good at it.

Tebow wouldn't be okay with that, though. He has three years left on his contract and it would likely take every bit of those three years to coach him up, especially given that the system itself takes two years to learn. So, Tebow probably wouldn't get another crack at a starting gig until his sixth season in the NFL. Tebow wants to start, and why wouldn't he want that? He doesn't want to hold a clipboard until his sixth season. I'm not convinced that he would be above using his media connections to voice his frustrations, either.

Also, while it seems unthinkable that Tebowmania would come to Green Bay right now, what if Rodgers has type of season that Rivers just had? Packer fans tend to overestimate their backup QB, because we're spoiled and we forget how hard it is to find a quality starter. I remember when there was a vocal minority of Packer fans who wanted Craig Nall to start over Brett Favre.

In short, I think that it would be a bad fit for Green Bay and Tebow would be a disgruntled third stringer while he tried to learn one of the most complicated offenses in the league and completely rework his mechanics.

Last edited by WCH : 03-20-2012 at 09:21 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebowzzzz to packers. Mark it down.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Tebowzzzz to packers. Mark it down.
Can you imagine how much this board would erupt if AR had to leave the game and we saw Tebowzzz-to-Jordyzzz?

Draft Countdown would explode with zzzZZZZZzzzzZZzz'z.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Can you imagine how much this board would erupt if AR had to leave the game and we saw Tebowzzz-to-Jordyzzz?

Draft Countdown would explode with zzzZZZZZzzzzZZzz'z.
I would die a little on the inside. Luckily, there's more than a 50/50 chance that pass falls to the ground harmlessly and hilariously.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will no longer be a fan of football if the Pats trade more than some used toilet paper for Tebow. I would be more upset than losing to the Giants twice in the SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamo he ain't going to Green Bay that's the truth IMO.It will be the east coast . He could easily win the starting Job over Gabbert in Jacksonville.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

He apparently wants to go back to Florida, or at least to the south:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ay-in-florida/

Jacksonville is the only Florida team that makes sense. Tampa has Freeman, and Miami might as well just can Philbin right now if they're going to bring in Tebow and expect him to play within the next two years. I think that all of the other teams in the south have QBs already.

Of course, nobody cares what Tebow wants. He'll go wherever they trade him, unless nobody wants him and they release him.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just don't think any reasonable football minds in the league will want to put up with the headache Tebow brings along.

I'll go out on a limb (well, not really) and say that's going to be proven wrong fairly quickly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'll go out on a limb (well, not really) and say that's going to be proven wrong fairly quickly.
Until it's Gene Smith and the Jags who go after him...
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Until it's Gene Smith and the Jags who go after him...
Yeah, really. I keep saying it. Some owner seeing the dollar signs will force his football guys to go after Tebow. They'll all act happy on the outside, but they'll be dead inside.

Stephen Ross and Shad Khan seem most likely to pull it. Their franchises need all of the spark they can get.

But you won't find a team with a head coach and/or GM of any real clout bringing Tebow in as a potential starting QB. If it's the Pats or Packers, and they're doing it with the idea of using him at something other than QB or as a pure backup to develop, then so be it. They already have great QBs in place so Tebow won't be a threat.

But look at the Browns for instance. They could use a QB to compete with McCoy and the fan base would love having Tebow around, but Mike Holmgren would just scoff. He knows better than to invite that toxicity.

There's a reason Elway wanted to get rid of him. It's because anyone with football sense seeing past the dollar signs knows that he's not an NFL QB in any way, shape or form.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Jaguars, 49ers and Packers are "three teams to monitor" in trade talks for Tim Tebow.
It had already been widely assumed the Jaguars would be in the mix for Tebow, but San Francisco and Green Bay are decidedly less obvious landing spots. Tebow would make little sense as a change-of-pace backup in Green Bay's aggressive aerial attack, but would be an intriguing fit in San Francisco. Niners coach Jim Harbaugh loves versatile, hard-nosed players, and could presumably figure out natural ways to get Tebow involved in his offense. That is, assuming he's not the starter.
San Fran.

They struggled mightily in the red zone (special wildcatish packages with Tebow at QB) and Harbaugh doesn't give a **** about anything.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

49ers....ughhhh...

Just turn Kaepernick loose. Please. He may fail spectacularly but I'm interested in seeing it.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
But you won't find a team with a head coach and/or GM of any real clout bringing Tebow in as a potential starting QB. If it's the Pats or Packers, and they're doing it with the idea of using him at something other than QB or as a pure backup to develop, then so be it. They already have great QBs in place so Tebow won't be a threat.
Those two teams do make some sense, given that they have established starters and they're basically running QB Factories.

If it happens, I look forward to three years of Skip Bayless shouting "Free Tebow!" every time one of those All-World QBs throws an interception or quarterbacks a losing effort.

It sounds like the GB thing might be growing legs. I'm not sure how I feel about that...
Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone REALLY care where he goes other then the one guy around these parts who wants to suck his ****?

I'm just waiting for a pass rusher to catch him on that low release and tear every muscle and tendon in his rotator cuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Just saw this on another board...

Tom Silverstein:
Quote:
Not sure this is a revelation, but source familiar with #Packers GM Ted Thompson believes he'd only offer a late-round pick for Tebow.
Color me shocked!