Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team will trade for Him?
Jaguars 44 40.00%
Dolphins 22 20.00%
49ers 3 2.73%
Browns 7 6.36%
Buccaneers 0 0%
Chiefs 1 0.91%
Jets 17 15.45%
Bills 7 6.36%
Raiders 2 1.82%
Saints because it's fitting and he's better than Brees 7 6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Just saw this on another board...

Tom Silverstein:

Color me shocked!

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏
Scratch SF from teams that could trade for Tim Tebow, add Miami. Candidates currently include JAX, GB, MIA, maybe more. A trade will happen.
Quote:
Shawn Zobel ‏
I've been told that the GB Packers have discussed a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow for a 7th RD pick. Tebow would need to sign new contract
Color me excited.

Seeing BeerBaron complain after Timmy scores a game winner for the Packers vs Da Bears would be worth it alone.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-20-2012 at 01:50 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't complain if they got him for a 6th or 7th round pick. He would have to really buy into a Steve Young role, though, if he's going to sign a new contract to go be a backup. His current deal balloons in '13 and '14, so maybe give him one less year in exchange for lowering his '13 base salary?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Color me excited.

Seeing BeerBaron complain after Timmy scores a game winner for the Packers vs Da Bears would be worth it alone.
I could care less if he plunges in as a fullback. It's the people who legitimately believe he can one day be an NFL QB and/or actually has some kind of divine influence behind him that drive me insane.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter just tweeted that the Jets could be interested
Old 03-20-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Move over Mark Sanchez, the Jets are trying to get worse at QB.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like Tebow as a player. He isn't the best QB but its fun to watch him if he is struggling or if he is barely winning. I hope he goes to GB, drops his contract down, just sits & learns, and then tries to start again with another team in a few years.

Tebow was a guy that was said to need 2 years on the bench before trying him on the field, and then he starts in his 1st year and people say that he looks completely under prepared. He overachieved last season by actually winning anything, and shockingly a playoff game. I just hope he goes to the Packers so he can just sit and get a chance to develop actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Color me excited.

I can see it now. Rodgers goes down for a couple weeks and Tebow goes all Bubby Brister and keeps the season alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Does anyone REALLY care where he goes other then the one guy around these parts who wants to suck his ****?

I'm just waiting for a pass rusher to catch him on that low release and tear every muscle and tendon in his rotator cuff.

I'm getting sick of the Tebow hate around these parts.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post

And on PFT they added this classic line:

Tebow in a Jets uniform would also be fun to see because when Tebow and Antonio Cromartie are on opposite sides of the ball in practice, it would be the first instance in NFL history of the defensive player being the one who needs to wear the red jersey.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Move over Mark Sanchez, the Jets are trying to get worse at QB.
Whoa now cowboy.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Whoa now cowboy.
I understand the joke attempt, but seriously. If you want the "just wins" argument, 2 AFC Championship appearances in 3 years ain't bad. Better than Tebow.

And regardless of how he is as a passer, he's still better than Tebow. Bar none. If Tebow could pass at least as well as Sanchez, he'd be a legit (and terrifying) QB option.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Not sure if that'd been shared or not.

I believe if a good team trades for Tebow and let's him sit a year, he could then be a solid fill in backup that can win you games.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think Tebow will be going to GB now lol

McCarthy and Thompson both had good things to say about Tebow back during the 2010 draft, and I think McCarthy looks at Tebow as a great challenge to try and develop him in his QB school and improve his game
Old 03-20-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguar fans are funny. I am saying they should definitely go after him. When I say this, they ask me if I want him to come to Chicago. My response is no because I am confident in Cutler. Their response? Well we are confident in Gabbert and Henne. Are my fellow Jaguar fans really that naive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mmmm.... if we could just take Tebow's legs, Henne's arm, Gabbert's body, and then if we combine them....

we would have a skinny(er) Jamarcus Russell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver should keep him and make him move to TE/HB.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Jaguar fans are funny. I am saying they should definitely go after him. When I say this, they ask me if I want him to come to Chicago. My response is no because I am confident in Cutler. Their response? Well we are confident in Gabbert and Henne. Are my fellow Jaguar fans really that naive?
The last thing that Gabbert's development needs is a bunch of rednecks yelling for their boy, Tebow, to play the moment that he throws an INT.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
mmmm.... if we could just take Tebow's legs, Henne's arm, Gabbert's body, and then if we combine them....

we would have a skinny(er) Jamarcus Russell.
Who's brain are we taking for Frankenstein's QB? Colt McCoy? Greg McElroy?

No fair picking a QB who doesn't suck.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Kellen Moore

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was thinking we could combine Gabbert's right lobe with Tebow's left lobe and possibly make something positive out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Does anyone REALLY care where he goes other then the one guy around these parts who wants to suck his ****?

I'm just waiting for a pass rusher to catch him on that low release and tear every muscle and tendon in his rotator cuff.
I do. Tebow trolled the NFL so hard last year that I desperately him to start, the man made me question my faith and I would love to see more of that no matter how unlikely I know it to be. That said I was one of the few that thought he'd actually have some success in the NFL when he was coming out and thought he actually showed progress when he played two years ago...and just to balance this post out a little...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 03-20-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The last thing that Gabbert's development needs is a bunch of rednecks yelling for their boy, Tebow, to play the moment that he throws an INT.
The last thing Gabbert's development needs is Blaine Gabbert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There we go, Shad. Go ahead and be the next Jerry Jones. Know your boundaries, newbie.

What a joke this would be.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
This is awesome.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rest-in-tebow/

Quote:
An ownership-driven decision to force Tebow onto the roster also could drive a wedge between Smith and Khan. Already, we’ve caught wind of rumors that the two men aren’t clicking the way they should — and there’s talk in league circles that Smith may not be around after the draft concludes.
Been saying it all the long. Outside of teams who already have great QBs (Pats, Packers) no football mind wants anything to do with the Tebow mess. But some owner is going to overrule the GM and go for Tebow.

And that just might be Jacksonville. Paint me surprised.