Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-20-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I just cannot see Martin as a RT. I don't think he is tough enough or all that aggressive for the position.
I think Martin's more of a scheme fit than Adams, another reason I think Adams goes over Martin.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Adams, more NFL ready and has the chance to play RT in the NFL as well. Martin looks to be either LT or a guy who will need to slide inside to OG. The Senior Bowl really helped Adams stock and shouldn't fall past Baltimore at 30.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Kalil
2 Reiff
3 Glenn
4 Adams
5 Martin

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock seems to think Martin would be a good fit for many teams, including the Detroit Lions. Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports.

"Jonathan Martin, to me, (is) the prototypical left tackle," Mayock said in a teleconference today. "Gifted athletically, needs to get a little bit stronger. A lot of things I said about (top tackle prospect Matt) Kalil, you could say about him. Needs to get a little bit stronger but will protect the quarterback."

http://www.freep.com/article/2012021...ft-mike-mayock
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin isn't going to be an a elite tackle but he can be a guy you spend a mid to late 1st on and he handles the job for 10 years. Not a great run blocker but he is a good pass protector and that will get him picked up. I'd be more than happy to snap him up at the Ravens pick. He can play LT unlike Glenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Great points everybody. I like Adams better than Martin. More NFL ready, better anchor. Im very intrigued by Bobbie Massie of Ole Miss, I think he can be the best RT in this class. Any thoughts?
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
Great points everybody. I like Adams better than Martin. More NFL ready, better anchor. Im very intrigued by Bobbie Massie of Ole Miss, I think he can be the best RT in this class. Any thoughts?
I think he has LT potential TBH. Definitely one of the more intriguing OL prospects this year.

Has all the physical tools to be a dominant tackle and could probably get by playing on the right side with natural gifts. However, I believe that if he were to put in the work (This might be a slight question mark on him) he could be an awesome LT.

Big, strong and athletic. Has no problem with moving his feet to keep up with speed rushers. Great anchor and mirror ability.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Massie.

Kalil, Martin, Massie, Adams.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Bobby Massie.

Kalil, Martin, Massie, Adams.
Thats cray :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im very intrigued by Bobbie Massie of Ole Miss, I think he can be the best RT in this class. Any thoughts?
Came here to post this. Guy has great athleticism and a good frame. Has some technique issues to iron out such as playing a little high and as a result getting pushed backed easily, but he has big upside.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

I think after some top of line NFL positional coaching, Massie can be in a couple of years the second best Tackle in this class. I'm that impressed.

Last edited by DOMINATEtheline : 03-22-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I think he has LT potential TBH. Definitely one of the more intriguing OL prospects this year.

Has all the physical tools to be a dominant tackle and could probably get by playing on the right side with natural gifts. However, I believe that if he were to put in the work (This might be a slight question mark on him) he could be an awesome LT.

Big, strong and athletic. Has no problem with moving his feet to keep up with speed rushers. Great anchor and mirror ability.
I concur 100%! I'm surprised there isn't more buzz about Massie, great frame, long arms and SEC extensive experience. Tested real well at the combine. I'm seriously considering him at pick 32 with my Giants. We need a OTs bad. We have one of the best O line coaches in the NFL in Pat Flaherty, I think after some top of line positional coaching, Massie can be in a couple of years the second best Tackle in this class. I'm really like this kid's potential and upside.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I concur 100%! I'm surprised there isn't more buzz about Massie, great frame, long arms and SEC extensive experience. Tested real well at the combine. I'm seriously considering him at pick 32 with my Giants. We need a OTs bad. We have one of the best O line coaches in the NFL in Pat Flaherty, I think after some top of line positional coaching, Massie can be in a couple of years the second best Tackle in this class. I'm really like this kid's potential and upside.
I would certainly take him over Sanders.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adams is a RT only. He is a waist bender that over extends and consistently gets beat with speed. He can be a grader and if he gets his hands on you he is strong enough to keep you at bay. But Martin is an athletic prototypical LT. He is a knee bender who has quick feet and can handle speed.

I feel Adams goes late first or second round and Martin is still a top 20 prospect. I would love it if Martin falls to the Steelers in round one though.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

"I feel Adams goes late first or second round and Martin is still a top 20 prospect. I would love it if Martin falls to the Steelers in round one though."

Just think Martin has gotten a bad rap among the not-quite-so-well-informed. Constantly see him top 12 or 14 among professionals, and sometimes falling out of the first round altogether in some mocks. And yeah, I would love it if Martin fell to the Steelers too.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFairlane View Post
Adams is a RT only. He is a waist bender that over extends and consistently gets beat with speed. He can be a grader and if he gets his hands on you he is strong enough to keep you at bay. But Martin is an athletic prototypical LT. He is a knee bender who has quick feet and can handle speed.

I feel Adams goes late first or second round and Martin is still a top 20 prospect. I would love it if Martin falls to the Steelers in round one though.
Have you watched Adams play? Pretty much everything you said is the opposite of true.

He does bend at the waist at times but then again so does Reiff. The difference being that Reiff tends to bend at the waist as a reacher due to his shorter than average arm length while Adams tends to bend due to lapse in technique.

I am MUCH more concerned about Reiff bending at the waist due to his arm length than I am Adams who needs to work on his technique.

As fara as your comment about being beat with speed: This is probably one of his greatest assets as a pass protector. He is extremely athletic for a man his size and uses his feet well with the size to get a lock on the smaller speed rushers.

The issue at hand is his tendency to have a bit of trouble dealing with moves to his inside.

As far as him being a grader: This is probably my largest issue with him. He doesn't have that tenacity in finishing blocks in the run game that a man his size should have.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOLD STATEMENT: I wouldn't be surprised if Cordy Glenn is the #2nd tackle taken behind Kalil.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
BOLD STATEMENT: I wouldn't be surprised if Cordy Glenn is the #2nd tackle taken behind Kalil.
I'm not trying to take anything away from Glenn here; the guy has seriously impressed me and I am a believer that he has the feet and athleticism to play the tackle position.

I just think that he would be a DOMINANT gaurd and will likely be drafted as such.

Some of the teams who will be selecting tackles early will be looking for OL help at more than just tackle and while he could certainly solve their problems at tackle, he would provide more value at gaurd.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not trying to take anything away from Glenn here; the guy has seriously impressed me and I am a believer that he has the feet and athleticism to play the tackle position.

I just think that he would be a DOMINANT gaurd and will likely be drafted as such.

Some of the teams who will be selecting tackles early will be looking for OL help at more than just tackle and while he could certainly solve their problems at tackle, he would provide more value at gaurd.
Personally I like Mike Adams at #2 over Reiff and Martin but I wouldn't be surprised if Cordy Glenn is the pick at #10 for the Bills.

He fits everything that their GM likes in prospects.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you watched Adams play? Pretty much everything you said is the opposite of true.

He does bend at the waist at times but then again so does Reiff. The difference being that Reiff tends to bend at the waist as a reacher due to his shorter than average arm length while Adams tends to bend due to lapse in technique.

I am MUCH more concerned about Reiff bending at the waist due to his arm length than I am Adams who needs to work on his technique.
Reiff does bend also, though not nearly as much. The difference between Reiff and Adams is Reiff has quicker feet. I don't think the 3/4 of an inch difference in arm length is that big of a concern.
Quote:
As fara as your comment about being beat with speed: This is probably one of his greatest assets as a pass protector. He is extremely athletic for a man his size and uses his feet well with the size to get a lock on the smaller speed rushers.
Adams is heavy footed and consistently gets beat with speed. I would be afraid to put a franchise QB's blindside protection against Dwight Freeney on Adams shoulders. I mean Still and Crawford crushed Adams and neither of those guys are elite speed guys.

Adams reminds me of Gaithers, Starks or McNeil. Meaning he will have to the right team to be a LT in the NFL.
Quote:
The issue at hand is his tendency to have a bit of trouble dealing with moves to his inside.
Inside and outside. The only thing he handles well is a bull rush.
[quoute]
As far as him being a grader: This is probably my largest issue with him. He doesn't have that tenacity in finishing blocks in the run game that a man his size should have.[/quote]

The only thing he did well against Penn St was clear running lanes. He is a big powerful man and when he gets his meat hooks on you and pushes you are going back. And that's how he pass protects. He grabs you and uses his strength to keep you at bay. He is not a Dancing Bear as Mike Mayock would describe.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

Truthfully I have Mike Adams, Cordy Glenn, and Kelechi Osemele all rated almost the same. All project as guards or RT's but in a select few schemes would work as LT's. Late first round grades on all three.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

First let me clarify for you:

The first picture you show does result in a sack... however not by the man Adams is blocking, it is the guy coming free off the top of the screen. 81 just cleans it up at the end.

Second picture again the guy Adams is blocking does not sack Miller. Adams pushes hi man past the play and Miller steps up only to get sacked by someone else.

3rd picture is late in the play and he doesn't start out bending but actually does so as seen in the process of holding him so that's another thing in and of itself.

Here is a video so you can verify if you would like

I will point out that other than those three plays he does a great job in both pass protection and the run game.

Adams certainly does have a tendency to bend at the waist but it's more that he has lapses in technique at times. I believe that it is more than correctable.

Is he a complete player? No. Still, I think he is more talented than Martin and has more upside than Reiff.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats cray :P
Massie is 6'6" 325 and has left tackle feet.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Massie is 6'6" 325 and has left tackle feet.
Do you feel that Massie can play LT in the NFL?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

Quote:
First let me clarify for you:

The first picture you show does result in a sack... however not by the man Adams is blocking, it is the guy coming free off the top of the screen. 81 just cleans it up at the end.

Look again Bucky.
Quote:
Second picture again the guy Adams is blocking does not sack Miller. Adams pushes hi man past the play and Miller steps up only to get sacked by someone else.
Wow, what rose colored glasses. Or Buckeye red Colored glasses you see the world through. The QB ran into the sack after having to evade Adams man. If Adams would have blocked him he wouldn't have been sacked.
Quote:
3rd picture is late in the play and he doesn't start out bending but actually does so as seen in the process of holding him so that's another thing in and of itself.

Here is a video so you can verify if you would like

I will point out that other than those three plays he does a great job in both pass protection and the run game.

Adams certainly does have a tendency to bend at the waist but it's more that he has lapses in technique at times. I believe that it is more than correctable.

Is he a complete player? No. Still, I think he is more talented than Martin and has more upside than Reiff.
That's where I got my video from. You are just a homer pimping your favorite college football team. Hey, I get it. I think Derek Moye is going to be a very good NFL receiver but I also am realistic saying you don't take Moye late in the first over Alshon Jeffery because you think they are similar players. I know Moye will go in the 4th-7th rounds because there are players at the same position most teams have ranked a lot higher than him. I feel teams will have Martin ranked a lot higher than Adams because Martin is a superior athlete and has a higher character than Adams.

But I guess we have about a month to find out. I say Martin goes ahead of Adams and is a top 20 pick and Adams is a late first early second round pick. I have him ranked about the same as Derrick Sherrod from last year.