Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-20-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like this is a smoke screen but I wouldn't be too upset with it if it comes out to be true. We need a LT and a CB both badly. With the addition of Brandon Marshall in the division, and also Megatron, Hester, Jennings and Nelson, we will need all the help in our secondary. Also it's true how you don't need an elite LT to win. But they do help. I still say we go Kalil and then CB in the 2nd round. I think this is just spielman trying to see what people would want for the Third Pick.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
The Vikings are in dire straits in their secondary and may need three if not four new starters.
Is that more or less than the number of new starters they need on the offensive line?
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been saying this for a while. The Vikings are in dire straits in their secondary and may need three if not four new starters. I still think there is a strong chance that Minnesota trades down, but if they stay at #3 Kalil is the favorite but Claiborne is very much in the conversation.
Especially when you are talking about a team that plays in the same division as the Packers and Lions. If you can't defend the pass, you have no chance in that division.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been saying this for a while. The Vikings are in dire straits in their secondary and may need three if not four new starters. I still think there is a strong chance that Minnesota trades down, but if they stay at #3 Kalil is the favorite but Claiborne is very much in the conversation.
What do you see the Bucs doing if Claiborne and Richardson are off the board?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
What do you see the Bucs doing if Claiborne and Richardson are off the board?
SHOPPING!

3 phone calls (Carolina, Buffalo & Arizona).
Old 03-20-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
SHOPPING!

3 phone calls (Carolina, Buffalo & Arizona).
Yeah, if Kalil is on the board at 5 I imagine the Bucs will have an offer (or two, or three) to move down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killswitch is right...We've been pumping up the LT position for years without really thinking about it. At this point all of the OL positions are getting closer and closer in value, and probably has been as the decade moved along.

Claiborne might really end up being a smart pick...With all the Martin knocking maybe he's there in the 2nd...maybe they like Bobby Massie...maybe Mike Adams is there...they'd love Mike Adams over there...Kalil isn't the last decent tackle prospect in this draft.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spielman is correct, you don't need a great LT if you have a great QB that has good pocket presence, makes quick decisions, and gets the ball out of his hands quickly. But if you have a young unproven & developing QB as the Vikings do, you damn well better have good LT play. Especially when one of the main concerns with your young QB has been durability. Considering that I just can't believe they will pass on Kalil. Although if they did I do think Claiborne would definatly be the pick as our secondary is as big of a need as the O-line.

Edit: This whole thing is a bit fishy as this is the 2nd time recently the Vikings have let the word slip out about like Claiborne over Kalil. Especially since this time Spielman went out of his way to call Bob Sansevere and let him know.

A link to the other article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...l-at-no-3-slot

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 03-20-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
how many of those teams had shut down #1 CB? the Packers maybe? Saints had a few good ones, none as good as Claiborne. the logic cuts both ways. in some sense the only position that matters is QB.
Corey Webster, but I see your point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
If the Vikes take Claiborne and the Browns take Richardson... What do the Bucs do?
Take Kirkpatrick without any hesitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give Kalil 99% chance of being the pick, one because of need and two, because I'd rate Kalil a much better prospect than Claiborne.
Next to the QB, the LT remains the #2 offensive priority on a football team.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Especially when you are talking about a team that plays in the same division as the Packers and Lions. If you can't defend the pass, you have no chance in that division.
I think it would be more appropriate to say if you can't score you have no chance in that division because no one can stop them all game long. Except the Chiefs and themselves I guess.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I feel like this is a smoke screen but I wouldn't be too upset with it if it comes out to be true. We need a LT and a CB both badly. With the addition of Brandon Marshall in the division, and also Megatron, Hester, Jennings and Nelson, we will need all the help in our secondary. Also it's true how you don't need an elite LT to win. But they do help. I still say we go Kalil and then CB in the 2nd round. I think this is just spielman trying to see what people would want for the Third Pick.
when did you get that sig? **** i might have to change my avy :(

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
SterlingArcher
Rookie

SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.

If Speilman has an ounce of sense to him he is going to protect his investment (Ponder) just to save his own skin, and that means drafting Kalil. Ponder cant progress without time to throw and targets to throw to. Speilman will draft offense early and often. There is a better chance of finding talented CBs in round 2 then a good LT (even though I have Speilman and co going for a WR in round 2 unless a stud drops like a rock). There is much deeper talent in the draft at CB and WR. A good player will be there at #35.
SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see this happening, the Vikings will be able to get a very good CB in the 2nd(Gilmore, Robinson, Johnson) and adding a talent like Kalil to this team is exactly what they need. It's true that franchise QB's don't need a elite LT, but Ponder is far from elite. Kalil will greatly improve Ponder's chances in the NFL, and also help Adrian Peterson bounce back faster with better blocking. Claiborne to the Bucs is a lock IMO, can't see the Browns take another CB in the top 10 so if a team wants him they will have to trade up.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
If Speilman has an ounce of sense to him he is going to protect his investment (Ponder) just to save his own skin, and that means drafting Kalil.
The one thing that Ponder really struggled with in college that didn't really crop up last year (perhaps the only thing that fits this decription) was that Ponder was hurt a lot at Florida State.

Probably keeping that from being a problem in the pros is something that Spielman ought to be concerned with. That's not to say that Christian Ponder is especially fragile, but Ben Roethlisberger he ain't.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland and Miami both have "elite" left tackles and both teams suck a**.

Take the best defensive player in the draft (Claiborne).
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Cleveland and Miami both have "elite" left tackles and both teams suck a**.

Take the best defensive player in the draft (Claiborne).
That doesn't make sense, just because Jake Long and Joe Thomas have been on mediocre teams doesn't diminish the worth of an elite LT.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
That doesn't make sense, just because Jake Long and Joe Thomas have been on mediocre teams doesn't diminish the worth of an elite LT.

A left tackle is only worth whatever the quarterback he's protecting is worth. A left tackle's value is only enhanced because of what his job function is... to protect the blindside of the quarterback.

The worth of a QB isn't dependent upon other positions.

An elite left tackle is completely worthless unless he's protecting an elite quarterback.

People say that the left tackle position is "#2" behind the QB position in terms of how it determines the quality of the football team. Problem is, they don't take into account the size of the gap between "#1" and "#2" on the priority list. It's the Grand Canyon between the two.

An elite left tackle without an elite quarterback is nothing but a coach killer. You don't have to invest that heavily to find a left tackle you can win with.

Quarterback is a different story.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Sven
Rookie

Sven hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm almost certain that Spielman's comments are a complete smokescreen. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings go offense with their first two picks. With Chris Cook back on the team I can see them staying with Winfield, Cook and Asher Allen at CB for 2012. With the cover 2 scheme used by the Vikings I can't see them needing to draft someone like Claiborne anyway.

The biggest hole the Vikings needs to fill is LT. Drafting Kalil allows Johnson to move inside to guard to replace Hutchinson and then the Vikings line starts to take shape. With Herrera also gone I can see the Vikings using a 4th round pick to provide some depth.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
A left tackle is only worth whatever the quarterback he's protecting is worth. A left tackle's value is only enhanced because of what his job function is... to protect the blindside of the quarterback.

The worth of a QB isn't dependent upon other positions.

An elite left tackle is completely worthless unless he's protecting an elite quarterback.

People say that the left tackle position is "#2" behind the QB position in terms of how it determines the quality of the football team. Problem is, they don't take into account the size of the gap between "#1" and "#2" on the priority list. It's the Grand Canyon between the two.

An elite left tackle without an elite quarterback is nothing but a coach killer. You don't have to invest that heavily to find a left tackle you can win with.

Quarterback is a different story.
I agree with most of everything you have said here. It's all about the QB and that is the main reason why Jake Long/Joe Thomas's teams aren't very good. However because they weren't able to get a franchise QB doesn't have an impact on wether the Vikings should or shouldn't take Kalil.

I disagree that having a elite LT is worthless without a Elite QB. It's pretty much the opposite in my opinion. A elite LT is at his lowest value if you have a elite QB, they just don't need a great LT. However I think having an elite LT is at it's highest value when you are trying to develop a young unproven QB.

Rick Spielman thinks he has found his QB. He can't have bad play from the LT especially when your young QB has durability issues like Christian Ponder. They must protect him to give him the best chance to develop into a good QB. The best way to do this is to take the closest thing to a sure thing in Matt Kalil instead of gambling and trying to find a LT later.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

honestly, does it matter? they're in prime position to grab a premiere CB or LT, both of which are MASSIVE needs. they'll pick whoever they think is the better player.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think the Vikings could go wrong with either Kalil or Claiborne. Personally, I'd opt for Kalil because great OT's are more difficult to find but either way they get a blue-chip player at a premium position. The only way the Vikes could screw things up is if they trade down because a second or third round pick isn't enough to give up a stud left tackle or cornerback.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
honestly, does it matter? they're in prime position to grab a premiere CB or LT, both of which are MASSIVE needs. they'll pick whoever they think is the better player.
I'd think so, IMO getting the LT postion solidified is more beneficial to the future of the franchise considering it will give Ponder the best chance to develop.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I'd think so, IMO getting the LT postion solidified is more beneficial to the future of the franchise considering it will give Ponder the best chance to develop.
while I whole heartedly agree and would absolutely take kalil if I were the Vikes, if they truly feel that Claiborne is a shut down CB who can take away half the field (ala a revis type), then go for it. Again, I feel kalil is absolutely the right pick...but claiborne wouldn't be a bad one by any means
Quote: