Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Hence the "hint hint nudge nudge wink wink" that supposedly came from the league. I'm trying to dig up some of the articles that talked about it way back when.
I'm sure Stephen A Smith and Jemele Hill had enough to say about the situation.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm sure Stephen A Smith and Jemele Hill had enough to say about the situation.
I threw on an edit with what I found:

Quote:
Supposedly, as rumor has it, the Steelers were poised to hire Grimm and some published reports even came out confirming that.....THEN it went to Tomlin.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2740378

Anyway, that was years ago and everyone has moved on. Getting too far off topic...it was just a fishy thing that happened and the Tomlin coached Steelers have won a SB since then, so it's hard to say he was a bad choice.
There were better articles talking about it, but stuff that's 5 years old is a pain in the ass to find now.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like PFT talked about it extensively at the time, but with them I'm never sure when they're "reporting" information from "sources" and when they're just trying to instigate ****.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It seems like PFT talked about it extensively at the time, but with them I'm never sure when they're "reporting" information from "sources" and when they're just trying to instigate ****.
I guarantee they talked a lot about it, but it was prevalent elsewhere too. For a solid two weeks at least, everyone was like "It's Grimm, it's Grimm, it's Grimm..." Then reports were coming out saying it was Grimm...then nothing....and nothing....and then it was Tomlin. Then Grimm leaves to join Whisenhunt in Arizona. Those two even had a deal that if one got the Pittsburgh job, the other would stay on as an assistant.

Anyway, things worked out for Pittsburgh and no one complains anymore.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm torn on the Rooney Rule. As a minority myself, I understand it. It's necessary to get a chance to just show what you can bring to the table. Sometimes guys just want a chance to show what they can do. And sometimes that opportunity leads to more, and without that chance it would have never happened to begin with.

But at the same time, I acknowledge how it's become a joke. Being the token minority interview is demeaning, and having sat in one of those interviews myself I definitely understand how insulting it can feel for the candidate when the interviewer is pretending to be interested in what you say when they really don't care at all and already have their minds set on hiring their buddy anyway. But at the same time you don't turn it down bc you feel like if you do good enough of a job maybe you can sway them to consider you, or at least put the idea in their mind about you for any future openings now that they heard what you bring to the table.

So it's tough. It's a joke, but it's also a necessary evil.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm torn on the Rooney Rule. As a minority myself, I understand it. It's necessary to get a chance to just show what you can bring to the table. Sometimes guys just want a chance to show what they can do. And sometimes that opportunity leads to more, and without that chance it would have never happened to begin with.

But at the same time, I acknowledge how it's become a joke. Being the token minority interview is demeaning, and having sat in one of those interviews myself I definitely understand how insulting it can feel for the candidate when the interviewer is pretending to be interested in what you say when they really don't care at all and already have their minds set on hiring their buddy anyway. But at the same time you don't turn it down bc you feel like if you do good enough of a job maybe you can sway them to consider you, or at least put the idea in their mind about you for any future openings now that they heard what you bring to the table.

So it's tough. It's a joke, but it's also a necessary evil.
A Knicks fan before "Linsanity"?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
A Knicks fan before "Linsanity"?
I bled orange and blue since 92 :)

That rhymed. *pats self on back*
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bled orange and blue since 92 :)

That rhymed. *pats self on back*
You rhymed without trying?
That's like Token just picking up the bass and knowing how to play

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-27-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Lol. I enjoy chicken and watermelon too.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol. I enjoy chicken and watermelon too.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fried chicken, specifically, is delicious. Anybody who doesn't enjoy it is obviously a terrorist.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

This thread just got awesome.

And fried chicken is quite possibly one of the greatest foods ever

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Popeyes or KFC?

I'm a Popeyes guy myself.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Im a homemade guy. But I can chow on either.
Depends on the mood. I tend to favor Popeyes chicken but KFC sides.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-27-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Fried chicken, specifically, is delicious. Anybody who doesn't enjoy it is obviously a terrorist.
There's a Dave Chappelle bit that's right in line with this haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

i love this gif

Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Im a homemade guy. But I can chow on either.
Depends on the mood. I tend to favor Popeyes chicken but KFC sides.
i was watching the food channel because it's ******* awesome and they had some place make fried chicken without the skin! looked interesting to say the least. peel the skin off then batter and fry it.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Popeyes. The answer to that question should always be "Popeyes," IMHO.

My homemade fried chicken got a lot less ****** about nine months ago, thanks to the Food Network.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I love KFC sides too. I switch back and forth btw the 2.

KFC has bigger pieces, but I love the spicy chicken from Popeyes. Homemade is always the best though.

Mmmmm. I could go for some right now. Give me a breast and some potato wedges and I'm good.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
There's a Dave Chappelle bit that's right in line with this haha.
remember when KFC and FUBU mergered to become the largest corporation ever?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that small locale joints are always better....I watch a lot of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
I love KFC sides too. I switch back and forth btw the 2.

KFC has bigger pieces, but I love the spicy chicken from Popeyes. Homemade is always the best though.

Mmmmm. I could go for some right now. Give me a breast and some potato wedges and I'm good.
KFC mashed taters and mac n cheese all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
that small locale joints are always better....I watch a lot of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.
Me too, me too

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the local joints as well. If any of you are ever in the Jacksonville area, you have to go to Metro Diner (it was on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives) and get the Chicken & Waffles. It's the best fried chicken I've ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

DDD **** yeah
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice that all threads eventually turn into the food thread, hahaha.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote